Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 147. Independence Day III
264 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) -  147. Independence Day III
Loud applause filled the pavilion once act one of the play was over. The players bowed slightly as a sign that they would excuse themselves for a while before the curtain came down to cover the stage.
Due to the loud sound, Angel's mind returned to reality before he applauded as a sign of his appreciation. But his late applause made Rose realize that he was thinking about something else.
Moreover, she realized that Angel was not aware of the women's attention. It was unusual since he usually noticed his surroundings quickly.
As they waited for act two to start, Rose brought her face closer to Angel's ear.
"Do you still think about the book?" she whispered, making sure that no one heard her including Claire and Cley. It was just a guess but she was pretty sure of that.
He nodded before he looked at her with the corners of his eyes.
“It keeps bugging me lately. I hate to say this, but I know, the emotion every time I read that book is real," he replied in the same low voice.
Returning his gaze forward, he spoke again.
"And I don't know how to handle it," he admitted. Still, he kept his composure and cold expression well. So even if the others caught his unusual expression, he didn't want to show his anxiety at all.
“We're going to Zephyrus soon. Maybe, you'll get more explanation for that," she whispered. She was surprised about how far the book could bother him even though he had stopped checking it.
"I hope..." Angel answered briefly. Somehow he wasn't sure about it. He knew examining the ancient dark king's castle was the key to all his anxiety and curiosity, but he couldn't do it.
“Or should I check the book with you?” Rose offered, hoping it would ease his anxiety.
That made Angel turn to her.
"Which book?" he asked for clarification.
"Euphorion's version," she made sure.
"It's fine. I think that's enough, I don't want to check it again," he stated. He didn't want to take her too far. He dealt with his past, his personal grudge, and his revenge. Rose had nothing to do with it and he preferred to keep it that way.
"Very well." After those words, Rose's hand crept onto his and gripped it gently.
Her gentleness made him glance at their hands before he turned to look at her.
She replied with a smile. From her gaze, it was clear that she wanted to soothe him.
Even without a word, Angel immediately realized that Rose wanted to tell him that she was with him and would give her best support.
He nodded in reply without breaking his cold expression. He was pleased with Rose's initiative. Unfortunately, he didn't want to get her too far into it. Especially after what he saw through his vision.
On the other hand, some women immediately notice her gentle gesture. Yet since the royal couple talked more about their gaze, they caught it as something else. They thought Rose had made Angel angry and she was trying to get his heart back but Angel responded coldly. So this was their chance. Although they believed the royal couple would cover up all of their quarrels in public, they would not waste this opportunity. Unfortunately, they couldn't act before the play was over. Approaching the royal couple or even walking around during the break was rude.
The sound from the stage made the royal couple realize that act two was about to begin. Quickly they released their grips and turned to the front. Even though Angel showed his usual disinterest, at least he could concentrate more than before. Rather than being lost in thought, his attention was focused on the play. It was weird but he was very grateful for that. At least it could keep his mind busy.
It didn't stop there, Rose occasionally whispered to Angel about the play or held his hand once she felt he was starting to sink into his thoughts. That way Angel's attention continued to focus on the stage. She hoped that those simple things could dispel Angel's anxiety and make him enjoy all of this.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
10