Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 156. The Royal Couple Arrival II
231 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 156. The Royal Couple Arrival II

"Do I?" he returned her question since he knew it was a tease. From her expression, he knew she also left the same thing as him.

That little tease made the atmosphere between him and her much calmer compared to before. King Eudon gestured for Angel and Rose to sit down.

After they sat down, King Eudon took out several reports from his blazer, but he didn't give them to Angel just yet.

"Before I give it to you, I hope you can answer my question honestly. Do you really treat her well and didn't touch her as we promised?" he said while staring at Angel seriously.

It was obvious that King Eudon didn't trust Angel's words. He Was afraid Angel would break the agreement and take Rose away. But then again, although Angel didn't like what King Eudon said, he understood the reason behind it.

"Of course, I kept my promise. I will never hurt her," Angel replied in a serious tone.

King Eudon turned his gaze to Rose.
"Rose, is that true?"

Rose nodded.

"He treated me well and didn't touch me although we stayed in one room." She knew she couldn't really say that he didn't touch her after all their intimacy. But she needed to convey what they wanted carefully.

King Eudon sighed. "Well, I guess that's good enough," he told them. Then he handed over the documents to Angel.

Angel took the report from King Eudon's hand and read it.

"Is that all? Or is there more?" said Angel as he checked them one by one.

King Eudon shook his head from side to side.

"All the information you want to know is there, including the place, time, and names of all people involved in yesterday's rebellion. I have also already given a mark of which ones have been executed and which ones are still on the run, the rest are being interrogated in prison. About the incident I only write it in outline, I think General Frost knows more detail than me," he assured.

Angel nodded back and put the papers aside.

"It's been a month, why has the interrogation not finished yet?" he asked.

King Eudon sighed and shook his head from side to side.

"I can only say that it is hard to get information from them."

Since Angel couldn't get any information from King Eudon, he turned to Frost, who was standing beside him.

Frost shrugged lightly. "There aren't many who cooperated with us during the interrogations. Most of them refused to speak anything about the rebellion. We need to use force to get the truth out of them, but it's hard to convince them when they're innocent peasants," explained Frost.

As he expected. If they used force to capture those people, they might end up hurting innocents. And if they didn't cooperate, then they wouldn't get any information. In fact, they were even less likely to cooperate now. After all, they were imprisoned for a crime they didn't commit. That meant they probably won't tell the whole story unless someone threatened them directly.

"Leave the interrogation report to me. I will personally interrogate them," Angel stated.

"Understood," agreed Frost. He didn't seem to disagree with Angel's idea.

"Where are the prisoners currently held? And where's the investigation report?" asked Angel.

"In the dungeon cell under Scarlet Stone Castle. As for the report, it's in my chamber," said King Eudon.

"I will order an elite soldier to get it," Frost took the initiative. He went ahead and spoke for the king.

"No need. I'll go myself." That decision came from Angel immediately. He didn't want to waste any more time on pointless things like going through the castle corridors and asking around.

Then Angel turned his gaze to King Eudon and Rose.

"You two haven't seen each other for a long time. You should spend more time together. Frost and I will take care of the rest," Angel suggested. He knew Rose missed her uncle so much.

Both of them stared at Angel. For some reason, they felt awkward about that suggestion. However, they knew Angel was right. They hadn't met each other for such a long time.


>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update
9