Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 157. The Royal Couple Arrival III
261 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 157. The Royal Couple Arrival III

King Eudon accepted Angel's suggestion without hesitation.

"Then my niece and I will excuse ourselves. If you need us, we are in the study room," said King Eudon.

Then King Eudon bowed respectfully towards Angel and walked toward the exit, but he stopped after a few steps. King Eudon averted his gaze to Rose who still hadn't moved from her spot.

"Rose, why aren't you coming?" he asked.

But she ignored him, instead, she spoke again.

"Angel, we just arrived. Should you handle all of this without resting?" said Rose, staring at Angel. Her worry was clear in her voice. She didn't understand how Angel could be so energetic despite everything happening.

She knew he must've been tired because of all the events lately. Even though he pretended he was fine, she saw his exhaustion clearly. But rather than that, he showed no sign of fatigue. On top of that, he was always working hard, pushing himself to his limits.

Although he worked so hard, he seemed unaffected by all this. She couldn't help but wonder if she was seeing him in another light. Maybe she was getting closer to him every day.

"Didn't I say I want to end all of this soon?" replied Angel. Of course, what he meant was Ilex and Ivetta. He wanted to end the badly twisted fate between them.

"Should you force yourself to finish it right away? I mean, at least you should eat something first," she insisted.

This was a big deal for her. She cared deeply and was worried about him because she realized how exhausted he was recently. So she urged him to take care of himself first.

King Eudon looked surprised at her words and didn't believe what he had just heard.

"Rose, what are you talking about?" said King Eudon in shock. He knew that Rose hated Angel when Angel took her to Euphorion, but now, he didn't see any hate from her anymore.

Rose turned to King Eudon.

"I'm just saying something that a wife will say to her husband," she replied, showing her affection for him.

The moment Rose said that King Eudon's expression changed dramatically. His face became pale as what he was afraid of came true.

Was it really possible for Rose to change her feelings for Angel?

"What did you just say?" King Eudon repeated.

"It's just what a wife will say to her husband," said Rose lightly.

Her answer shocked King Eudon. It was as if he got slapped across the face. However, it wasn't completely unexpected.

Meanwhile, Angel tried to focus his attention on the papers and kept his cold expression while he felt something else. Frost observed all this matter and quickly understood that Rose had fallen for Angel.

King Eudon turned his gaze to Angel and looked at him in anger.

"What did you do to her? Did you brainwash her? Manipulated her?" His anger was clear although he knew he didn't have any right to it.

However, Angel didn't respond to that accusation. Instead, he continued reading the report in front of him.

"I think you should ask Rose for it, not me," Angel answered.

Rose exhaled a long breath. She knew telling her relationship to her uncle wouldn't be that easy. But she decided to say it.

"Let's talk in another room," she said to King Eudon. "I want to talk about something important with you," she added.

She walked toward the door, but before she left that room, she stopped and turned to Angel.

"Don't forget to eat and rest. You need it," she advised once again before she left with King Eudon.

Once they left, Frost spoke again.

"Your relationship grew faster than I thought, Your Majesty." He couldn't hold himself but say it. Although he was aware of what happened between them, he wanted to hear it straight from Angel.

Angel simply smiled and kept reading the document. He didn't reply back to what Frost said. But the smile alone was enough to answer it.

"I see... Congratulations then," continued Frost. " I expect you will announce the new queen of Euphorion soon."

His words made Angel stop reading the paper and look at Frost. Angel was expecting it too. But he knew Rose's status made everything a bit complicated.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

10