Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 160. Angelus’ Confession I
199 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 160. Angelus' Confession I

Several hours passed. The sun had set on the western horizon. Angel had finished his interrogation and was having dinner with King Eudon and Rose in the dining room. It was a luxurious private dinner with a lot of food and wine. Only three of them and the servants serving them were the trusted ones.

As they ate, the three of them had their own thoughts. While Angel and Rose were thinking about their plan to counter Ilex and Ivetta. King Eudon was thinking about Rose's decision and how serious Angel was.

"So how's the interrogation, Angelus?" King Eudon broke the silence between them. He decided to start asking a basic thing. He didn't want to ask something too personal first or that would make him uncomfortable.

"It didn't go well," replied Angel. He took another sip from his glass of wine and continued, "I questioned several prisoners, but found nothing. It seems all of them are just innocent villagers. The rebels were using them." He had checked them with his Mind Corruption spell but he still found nothing.

"So what should we do to them?" King Eudon asked. After what happened, letting them go was impossible. The rebels would catch them and use them again. While recruiting them was also impossible. It would create a rift between the current soldiers and the prisoners. Executing them also wasn't a good solution since all of them were innocent.

Angel looked at King Eudon with a thoughtful look in his eyes.

"We can train and hire them according to their skills. Just give them a job that keeps them away from weapons, food, and you," he suggested. That would reduce their chances of making trouble.

"And if they refuse to work? What then?" asked King Eudon.

"Then we can execute them. We have to keep the kingdom safe. I can't let anyone threaten it," said Angel in a strict tone. It was a one-way solution. Besides, they couldn't deny the fact that they had attacked the capital. They had to avoid future problems.

"That's a good solution," admitted King Eudon. He was satisfied with the answer. He didn't want to see innocent people die. But he also knew that if he didn't execute the dissident, it would create more problems.

Again, silence filled the room. Yet from King Eudon’s restlessness, Angel knew he wanted to talk about something. And Angel already knew what it was.

"Do you want to say something about the relationship between me and Rose?" Angel asked straight to the point.

"Yes," said King Eudon. He took a deep breath and started his confession. "I know you two have been close for quite some time now. But I'm still worried." He averted his gaze to Rose. "I know she is not under any kind of spell, but I'm still curious. What happened between both of you?"

Rose hadn't expected this after all her explanation.

"Didn't I already say my reason?" she said in a firm tone. She didn't want to repeat herself.

"Yes, you did. But I want to hear it from Angelus directly," said King Eudon. He was determined to get an honest answer. He wanted to know the truth.

"Fine," said Angel. "I love her," he said without hesitation. It was a simple statement, but it was enough to explain everything.

"Just love?" King Eudon asked in disbelief.

"Yes." He frowned in response. "Do I need another reason? Or do you expect me to give another reason?" he asked straight to the point. He wasn't offended by King Eudon's question, instead, he was curious about it. 'Is it because of Rose's hidden power?' he wondered.

"No, no. I'm just a little curious about it," said King Eudon quickly. He didn't want to offend Angel. Yet, he was afraid their relationship would bring a bigger calamity for the Andromeda continent.

"Don't think too much, uncle. Just concentrate on the kingdom restoration," Rose suddenly spoke.

King Eudon sighed and nodded. He understood Rose's concern and why she didn't want to discuss it further. But he also knew that he had to know the truth.

"All right. Let's focus on the kingdom," King Eudon said. "Since I already gave my blessing, I'm going to ask something else. What is your plan for your relationship then?”

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update


11