Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 161. Angelus’ Confession II
297 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 161. Angelus' Confession II

It silenced Angel and Rose since they knew where this would go. King Eudon was asking about Rose's status in the future.

"If you two will be together forever and break our previous agreement, you have to decide how to settle your relationship. Will you stay as it is? Do you plan to give Queen status to Rose? Does that mean you will marry another woman and take her as a queen in the future? What is your decision?" King Eudon asked in a serious tone. He was being straightforward about it. He wanted to know what Angel's plans were.

"It's a tough question and I believe you already know my answer," said Angel. He knew King Eudon's intention. He wanted to know the details of their relationship. But he believed King Eudon also knew that choosing a queen wasn't a simple thing, especially since Rose wasn't from Euphorion and her status as a political prisoner.

"I'm aware of that," said King Eudon. "I knew about it. But I'm still going to ask again. What is your plan? Are you planning to remarry again?" he asked.

"I don't plan to take another woman as my wife," Angel stated firmly. He wouldn't break his promise to Rose.

"I'm glad to hear that," said King Eudon. He decided to stop the conversation there since he didn't want to push Angel more than that.

"Thank you, uncle," said Rose. She was happy that King Eudon didn't press further.


***

After dinner, Angel went back to his room. He was tired after a long day. His body was sore and his mind was exhausted. After he took a hot bath, he lay down on his bed.

Closing his eyes and relaxing, he was trying to forget the interrogation and the dinner. He wanted a little peace so he could think clearly.

Suddenly, he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in, Frost. I've been waiting for your report," he said. He was waiting for Frost's report for their last interrogation.

Soon, the sound of the door opening accompanied by the sound of footsteps came.

"Just put down the report on the desk, I'll check them later," said Angel without opening his eyes.

Yet he was wrong.

Suddenly, he could feel someone touch his forehead. Angel's eyes snapped open. Spontaneously, he realized it wasn't Frost and grabbed that person's hand.

But then he realized it was Rose.

"Angel, you have a high fever," Rose said with a worried expression. "You're burning up." During their visit, they decided to sleep in separate rooms. Rose slept in her original room, while Angel slept in the guest room.

"What?" Angel asked in surprise. Now that she mentioned it, he just realized that he wasn't feeling well.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I think a little rest will take care of it," he tried to reassure her. This was bad since he was sick at a crucial time. Right before they executed their plan.

It made her frown.

"Nice try, Angelus. But you are trying to deceive a doctor. Isn't that pointless?" she asked in annoyance.

"But I feel fine," he tried to cover it up.

Rose sighed and shook her head. "You are pale. How can you say that you are fine?" she said in a stern voice.

"Tch!" He clicked his tongue and pressed his lips as he couldn't say anything more. He was surprised that Rose noticed his condition. It was true that he felt a little warm, but he thought it was just his imagination.

He didn't expect that Rose would notice something like this.

Rose smiled as she saw the change in Angel's face. "Good. You finally realize that you are ill. I thought you were still stubborn like in the past." It reminded her that Angel also did the same thing five years ago.

"I'm not stubborn. I just hate it when someone sees me in my weak state. Besides, something like this won't bother me," he replied. There was clear displeasure in the tone of his voice.

"Illness is something normal for humans. You should accept it and take a rest," Rose said with a smile. "I will take care of you." Without further ado, she extended her hand trying to unbutton his shirt.

Angel immediately held her hand in shock. "What do you want to do?" he asked in a clear panic.

"Help you change clothes. Your breath sounds heavy and you keep sweating. Your shirt is wet, if you don't change it, you'll get worse," she said in a firm tone.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

11