Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 166. I’ll Stay With You Tonight
193 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 166. I'll Stay With You Tonight

Rather than the book, Rose thought of another thing. She kept glancing at Angel who was walking beside her before she shifted her gaze toward the sky outside the windows. It was almost midnight, but despite Angel's bad condition, he hadn't rested yet.

It worried her, especially since she realized how weak his steps were and how heavy his breath was. She never saw him like this before. At least after their reunion.

Still, he hid everything well beyond his cold expression. She wished he would let her know what he was feeling, or talk to her about it. But she knew that wouldn't happen. He would pretend that nothing happened.

They arrived at the bedroom and Angel sat down on the bed while Rose sat beside him

"Do you mind if I'll stay with you tonight?" Rose offered. "Your health is more important than anything else and I haven't brought your medicine," she added.

That offer created a smile on his lips.

"I thought you prefer to stay in your room?" he said in a teasing tone.

"I do. But I'm worried about you," she answered honestly.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine," he assured her and placed his hand on the side of her cheek, and brushed away a strand of hair on her forehead. His hand was warm and soft against her skin, which made her shiver.

She knew he was lying. She could tell by his voice.

"You should change your clothes and take a rest," she reminded him. Although she liked his gentle gesture, she kept her focus on his health.

He pulled his hand away and exhaled a long breath. "Fine." It was a shame since, although they already got King Eudon's blessing and were in a good mood, they couldn't do it due to his condition and their plan.

Following her suggestion, he went to change his clothes and lay down on the bed. While she quickly took the medicine, returned to the room, and gave it to him.

Afterward, she placed the pillows so they could be comfortable.

Then she laid down beside him and took his hand.

"Thank you for taking care of me," he whispered to her.

"Don't mention it. You have already done so many things for me. So I will do what I can to help you," she answered sweetly.

"I know." He squeezed her hand gently. In this state, he usually didn't want anyone else to help him and never liked it. He didn't like being taken care of since it made him feel like a child. But this was different. It was sweet and kind.

"Thank you." He couldn't say anything else.

"It's fine. I want to treat you like a child once in a while anyway," she teased him.

"Child?" he repeated in surprise. His eyes widened. "What a blunt remark, Rose." Then without further ado, he pulled her into his arms. "Do you think I'm that weak? Or do I still look like a child?" he whispered. His eyes locked on her. Despite his condition, his grasp was so strong and his fingers were so firm. She could feel the warmth coming from his body as he pressed his chest against hers.

Her heart was pounding rapidly.

"Angel..." she whispered.

His lips were a few inches away from her mouth. She wanted to kiss him, but she didn't move. She didn't know why. She was afraid to do that.

"I didn't intend to offend you," she murmured with a blushing face.

"I'm not offended," he replied. "I just want to prove it..." He kissed her forehead and spoke again, "---that I'm not a child and warned you that what you said is a clear invitation for me to do something we should do as a husband and wife." His voice sounded like a tease and a warning at the same time.

Her heart started beating even faster. Her body stiffened against him. She felt like melting under his touch.

"I admit it," she answered and giggled nervously.

"Good. Then I will assume that you are ready to be mine," he said in a low tone. She melted under his gaze.

Rose couldn't answer. No, she couldn't even do anything except bend her head.

"You should take a rest now," she reminded him.

"Fine." He released her and closed his eyes. Although he wanted to tease her a bit more he knew he couldn't. It was late and he had a meeting in the morning.

Rose watched him and smiled. She was glad that she could help him and was grateful.

"Good night, Angel," she whispered before she also closed her eyes.


>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

10