Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 170. Bold Act
175 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 170. Bold Act

"Is it because the rebels will make their move soon?" Rose asked. The tension in the air.

"Yes," Angel replied, his voice heavy with concern. "I have to prepare everything before we leave tomorrow."

The news came as a shock to Rose. "That soon? I thought we would stay here longer?" she asked, her voice laced with disappointment. They had only just arrived and had planned to stay for a week, but it seemed that they would have to leave much sooner than expected.

"It seems we have to go," Angel said, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "If we don't, we'll lose this chance forever."

Rose pressed her lips together, knowing that he was right, but she felt a heavy weight in her heart. She didn't want to leave so soon, not when they had just arrived. "What about your work here?" she asked, trying to find a way to stay longer.

"I can delegate some of it to my delegation," Angel replied, his voice filled with determination. He could teleport between Euphorion and Zephyrus, so it wouldn't be too difficult for him to go back and forth.

"I see..." Rose said, a glint of disappointment in her eyes. She knew that he was right, that this was a perfect opportunity to settle everything once and for all. But she couldn't shake off the uneasiness that lingered in her heart.

Noticing the disappointment on Rose's face, Angel spoke again. "I will return your whip tonight," he announced, a serious expression on his face. She would need it to fight the rebels later on, and even though he didn't mind, he couldn't return it to her any earlier than this. After their marriage, Rose should be under his protection, and giving her a weapon too early would be like announcing to the rebels that Rose and Angel were waiting for them.

That news was enough to brighten up Rose's face. "Really?" she asked, excitement in her voice. A smile started to appear on her lips as she realized that she would once again have her whip in her hands, a symbol of the independence and strength that she had always cherished. She had not expected to have a chance to fight as she used to after marrying Angel, but it seemed that he was still willing to fight alongside him. Despite the joy she felt, she could see the heavy decision weighing on Angel's shoulders and knew that this was not an easy choice for him.

"Yes. You will need it to fight them. Just hide it. Don't let other people know. We don't know how many rats are in this place," Angel cautioned, his voice filled with concern. Unlike an open war, this battle was more akin to a game of trickery and ambush, where each side tried to outmaneuver the other.

"I understand," Rose replied, her voice brief and to the point. While the news couldn't dampen her wish to stay longer in their current location, it at least provided a distraction from her disappointment.

"And don't use it to assassinate me. Or I'll have to confiscate it forever," Angel said, his tone half-teasing. He decided to remind her of their past, even though he knew that Rose didn't want to repeat her past mistakes.

"If I still wanted to do it, I could kill you even without my whip. I can kill without it," Rose replied, a hint of annoyance in her voice. But she knew that Angel was just teasing her, and a smirk appeared on her lips. "Besides, that wish is long dead.”

Rose sat beside Angel, her eyes shining with love and adoration. "Since this cruel king has stolen my heart," she said, her voice soft and sincere. And with that, she leaned in and placed a light kiss on his cheek, her lips brushing against his skin.

Her sudden display of affection startled Angel, and he couldn't help but let out a surprised gasp. "You're surely getting bold, aren't you?" he said, shock evident in his voice.

Rose replied with a smile, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "So are you," she said, a hint of playfulness in her voice.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

9