Chapter Twenty-Seven
2.5k 3 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up feeling very comfortable and warm, still half hugging Leonel. I would never admit out loud but, since I was born, I got too used to sleeping with my brother, and usually had insomnia if I did not had someone to hug to sleep.

Yeah, yeah, I’m such a softy inside.

Without opening my eyes, however, I can feel some movement around. Slowly clearing up my mind from the sleepiness I finally can discern what it is.

It is Leonel and he, and he is … touching my paw? I had covered his body with it, so it was right in front of him.

One of his hands felt my paw up, massaging my black pads, passing from the big U curved one to the small ones on my fingers, tracing the ledge of my talons and tickling the fur around it, carefully drawing its shape back and forth, as if trying to fix the form of my paw in his mind using his hands to see.

I let it be, for a while, but once I pretend to awake he stops his movements and goes out of my grasp. With still watery eyes, I yawn a full fangs wide open mouth yawn, stretching my body, scratching behind my ears with my hind legs, as Leonel watched me all the time.

“Morning” I muster out of my mouth.

“Uhm.”

Not very talkative hum? I lay down again, and if I had a tail it would be flickering back and forth as I thought a way to break that mask of his.

Just to start the day, of course.

Nothing like a good tease for breakfast am I right?

“You should take a bath.”

He stops moving at that, as if frozen in place.

“Even I smell better than you.” Though I did take a bath before coming in here; but that’s not the point.

He looks at his own clothes, full of holes and dirt, then up at me. I just smile innocently, feeling my stump tail wiggle.

He starts to mess around the bedroom looking for clothes, and once he finds one he looks back at me, as if trying to figure it out some scamming plans I may have in mind.

I’m innocent I swear!

He goes to the water tank, take a cloth he found on the bathroom, and starts to strip. On that I look away, still hearing him fidget with his clothes until even that sound stopped, his lean body now in full display I assume.

Did I mention he was tall for a kid? Already entering puberty, but still holding onto his baby face. I focus my attention elsewhere, finding the crystal of the cat laying on the table very interesting all of the sudden.

I stand, looking on how small it was, the size of my paws when I was little, probably because of the level right?

But who cares?

Teleportation~~Here I come~~

I put the crystal between my teeth and swallow it hole.

Aaand, level up.

But no teleportation.

Ding – Level 50 – Evolutions Available – Visualize Now?

Wait a sec I’m having I breakdown here, I wanna to teleport!

Teleport!!!

Wait, evolution?

I face paw myself.

Ding – Requirements for Unique Evolutions from Platinum Hell Hound meet

Elemental Hound - Your basic appearance is changed, you may choose one element and become it, not having a physical body anymore and not being affected by physical attacks, will be made of the chosen element. The magical attacks from the chosen element won’t cost MP.

Downside: Able to have only one element

So is like the Water Manta Ray? I would be made of shadows then… pretty scary, but not very tempting as I can do that in battle already and keep my physical body.

Next~

Dragon Hell Hound - Your basic appearance is greatly changed, you will grow a pair of bat wings on your back and the fur will become an armored scale. Your resistance to fire will increase greatly, as well as your physical attack.

Downside: You will become heavier and slower.

Looks cool, really badass, but I still don’t like the slow tanky kind idea, would rather be as fast as possible.

So, between the last two again.

Hell Bone Hound - Your basic appearance is greatly changed, you will be permanently in Hell Form, but not only the bones will show as well as the muscles, staying in plain sight. Quick and deadly, your HP will triple and your resistances will double.

Downside: Your intimidate ability will became a passive, and will gain the title of Scary Face.

Scary!! Me liky like!

And this one…

This one is temptiiiiiing~

Platinum King Hell Hound – Your basic appearance is changed, your fur will turn completely black with silver tattoo drawings, will grow a long whip tail, as well as a pair of horns on your head, one curving back and the other curving sideways to the front. One of yours status will be added half its points, and it will habilitate Legendary Evolutions.

Downside: Will increase limbs value, such as for money, potions, etc.

By the time I was done with my reading Leonel was done with his bath, wearing some strange clothing; a bluish pants and a long sleeve purple shirt, only savaging his bots from before.

His hair was been rubbed with a towel by the time he sat by my side.

“Hm…I think we got a little problem.”

He takes of the towel, letting his wet long hair fall down, staring me with his impressive golden eyes.

“I kind of have to evolve…”

I explain the situation to him, like the last time we ended up staying 3 days unconscious and whatnot. To my surprise he was very interested in it, even asked what options I had and helped choosing them.

Which just meant he nodded to all my comments.

In the end I chose…

The…

Yeah, the Platinum again.

What? Legendary Evolutions?! Sounds too cool to let it pass!

The cat would suffice for him for the next 3 days, so I choose right away, laying down the sofa with him on the other side, staring me down as if not to lose one-single-detail.

That intense gaze brought shivers down my spine, but I was far too cool to ask him to stop that.

Them I chose my evolution, waiting for the blackness overtake my vision and my mind to become fuzzy and drowsy.

But nothing happened.

Confused I waited, and once I looked up to Leonel I felt a piercing pain on top of my head, followed by a very strong itch.

Shit, I can’t reach that! The top of my head was like burning from the itching feeling, making me bang my head on the sofa trying to minimize the feeling; which didn’t work very well.

I only notice him moving once he was standing right beside me, reaching for my head.

I may add that, since the weak spot, the crystal, appeared on my forehead, I got oversensitive with any movement or contact with the area.

But the itching… it was too much!

He went shyly first, passing the tips of his nails, but it was hardly enough so I passed my head harder on his fingers until he understood and with both hands starts to rub my itchy points.

I don’t know how long it took to subside, but once it did it was like as if I woke up from a grumpy sleep, realizing that Leonel was now feeling my ears up.

Shaking my head off, I open my eyes again.

And somehow… felt a new strange height on my body.

~~~~

54