CHAPTER NINETEEN OUT AND ABOUT
2.2k 1 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hm… How should I do this? Every time I went out in the city it was without a care; like jogging on the main street, provoking the runners, even going face to face with danger by entering their nests, so how the fuck I’m supposed to pass two humans by all of that without even a scratch?

“Hey, just to clarified, how the hell you two intended to walk around the city? Don’t tell me that you only thought about a car, right?”

They look between each other, the only answer been Dylan shrugging. I sigh at that, realizing that I didn’t even make exits or entryways for cars uhm, though I had some goodies stocked away close by outside the walls.

“And in which parallel world that would have worked out? Without even counting on the streets been blocked off most of the time, there is all the zombies that would get in your way making you slow down or lose your balance, and all the noise that-“

“Don’t worry, we got that the moment we entered the city grounds.”

Oh, yeah, that’s true, they experienced that first hand.

Hm… the streets were off limits then, there was no way we could pass so many zombies without been seen. That left us with the upper floors, the roofs and stuff, but how the hell would we travel through that? I could always make bridges and connect the buildings, but that would take ages!

At least I upgraded my “to do” list, right beside the “make Dylan last more than one round”, hehe.

“Hm… I have an idea.” I say to both, making a glint of hope flash in their eyes, until Richard; always fucking Richard; asks:

“But?”

“But you won’t like it.”

****

“For once, you were right. I hate it!” Said Richard, making me laugh, until my brain worked out what he said.

“Wait, what do you mean for once? I’m always right!”

“Uhum…”

Currently we were walking over the city and its deadly streets by going from roof to roof. There was, however, just one small, tiny detail, that the humans weren’t able to jump so high, so~~~

I was carrying them.

Richard was on my back, trying to strangle me to death; good thing I didn’t need to breathe, right? Ha, haha; While I was carrying/hugging Dylan very closely in front of me so he wouldn’t fall. Thankfully there was no one to see us there beyond the zombies, a grown vampire caring two other grown men, I admit that it would look… quite silly.

But at least it was working all right!

“Just don’t get used to it.” I said to Richard, who was probably frowning behind me as he said:

“Get used to what?”

“Being on top.”

I jump to yet another roof, smirking, as Dylan tries to hide his blushing on my chest. Uhm, he was so warm…

“Even more mounting me like a horse, because I think I already proved that-"

“Oh, come on, can’t you talk seriously for once? Why do you need to keep making fun of me all the time?!”

“Uhm… Because you are too serious wolfy, you need to chill out more! You will end up having a heart attack like that old man!” And because is fun, his expressions were priceless.

I earn a slap on the back of my head, making an ouch escape my lips. Richard, Richard, getting bold aren’t we? I just laugh at his behavior, loving to get under his skin.

The travel went for a long time like this, since the laboratory was right in the center of the city, so I had a lot of time to think, especially when both shut up when they saw Hunters in the distance.

If I was… really liking them, then that complicates things even more. How could I treat them as pets and lock them away, knowing that they would hate me for it? Is not that the premise of liking someone? Wanting to be liked back?

I clearly remember the smiling face that Dylan made when I agree to come, somewhat sexy with the tears moistening his eyes. That squished my heart tight, and I wanted to feel that again, craved for it even.

And I wouldn’t be able to if I lock them up.

So I needed to convince them, to make them trust me, to like me, but how the hell do I do that?

By being a good boy…?

Ha, haha, nah, not my style, maybe lots of sex would do.

Uhm, I would love to go with that.

Or maybe… if I, how do they say in the movies? Open up a bit? Would that to bring us closer? But how can I start that conversation? Is not like “oh, once upon a time” and shit.

Damn, feeling like a fucking teenager now with his first crush.

I look down at Dylan who his snuggling close to me and see that my hand started caressing the back of his head unconsciously.

Oh, I know!

“Richard was telling me about how it was for you two before shit hit the fan.” I started, making him look up at me with his big round brown eyes.

Fuck, can I go back to the fucking only plan? How can he be so innocently sexy?

And the hard worked body cupping my back wasn’t helping either.

“Oh, what did he said?”

I… already forgot. Damn, what was it again?

“That… You two knew each other before, and that…”

“But I already told you that.”

Oh right, he did… uhm…

He giggles, making me look down again to his bright smile.

“Silly, you look at lost, you just want to chat right?”

“Uhm… yeah?”

“Only if you promise to remember this time.”

“Can I promise to try?”

“Haha, sure.”

This… this was new, this familiarity, this chitchat without sexual innuendos… needed to add one of that yet.

“Richard was a firefighter so he often worked on ambulances and such, so from time to time we would see each other, and in one of those New Year parties I met his sister.” I can feel Richard tense on my back, don’t know if the memory of his sister or the memory of Dylan with her.

“It was… very normal actually. We just chatted from time to time, and more once I started dating her. It was a surprise really once I started too realized, after the zombies, that he liked me; at the beginning I thought it was because we were friends, sure, but then I started to like him…”

“So why weren’t you guys together before?”

“I don’t know, is just that… there was always that doubt, like, what if he really does and cares because we are friends? Would I be making things weird between us? If he rejected me? It would affect our friendship? Of course it would… So I never risked. With all the hell falling down over us, I couldn’t afford to lose the only one who made me feel safe.”

At the end Richard heartbeat had accelerated and Dylan was once more burying his blushing cheeks on my chest.

God, this isn’t good to keep my sword sheathed…Why did I think that this was a good idea?

We stay in a comfortable silence for a while, my legs working nonstop and making us fly through the city, steadily and surely.

“What about you? Were you a vampire already before the zombies? Before the radiation?”

There it was, the question that I waited yet didn’t really know if wanted to hear. Was I ready to talk about myself? To really open up?

Well, there was always plan A, caged them for life.

Might as well try… right?

*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
Follow me on Twitter for updates/art on the stories!
https://twitter.com/V1viCris
۹(ÒہÓ)۶
And support me on https://ko-fi.com/vivicris !!
Or follow me on Deviantart!
https://www.deviantart.com/vivimayaa
*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

34