Day 6: Forbidden Word
202 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unique Skill: Heavenly Tribulation Serpent

[New Skill DetectedSkill: Lesser Lightning Manipulation]

 

‘Ghost, let my spirit energy flow in this lass’ body. I will cook the Dragon Meat.’

[Response: ……why?]

‘Spirit Energy revitalizes the body. Stop the dark energy from eating her body. I need her to learn about Life and Death.’

[Response: understood]

And so, I began cooking the Dragon for the children. I hope its taste does not disappoint.

I used my Sword Spirit Body to cut the Dragon’s Meat and then used the spirit to manipulate the fire to cook said meat.

[New Skill Detected — Skill: Lesser Fire Manipulation]

 

Oh, another skill… can I manipulate fire now?

With a flick of a wrist, I envisioned fire igniting atop my palms, and it did…

Fwoosh*

…somehow gaining skills, this quickly felt wrong.

To train in this manner was not satisfying. To gain so much Skill felt somewhat empty. It was as though I was unworthy of this kind of strength.

‘To gain such a skill this easily, is this how the people of this world become strong?’

[Report: Skills are not easily obtained, only 30 % of humans have them. That is why they practice Martial Arts or Spells to compensate. Although some like Heroes, Saints, Kings, Apostles, and other exceptional humans can gain them easier than the rest, only Monsters and Demi-Humans could acquire them. Your ability to gain so much Skill is a testament to your origin of having so much spirit and how you can control it. You are also no longer human. These skills are also basic of the basics, making it not that hard to be blessed with.]

‘In the end, it doesn’t change the fact that it is so easy to gain power.’

Day 3

Art: Heavenly Water Congregation

[New Skill Detected — Skill: Lesser Water Manipulation]

[New Skill Detected — Skill: Lesser Blood Manipulation]

 

After gathering the Earth Dragon's Blood, I boiled it on its shell and added the diced meat of the Earth-Dragon. Letting it simmer for three hours, the unique smell of the blood overwhelmed the blind woman's stench, whose name I learned to be Anne.

Yesterday I tended to the injured and ill after making sure Anne's body became stable.

Feeding the children, the Dragon Meat rich in mana proved helpful in the children's recovery.

I asked Ghost what's their Race as they did not seem to be human, indicated by their pointed ears.

[Report: Serviela: Creatures known for their vitality and loyalty. They are creatures of the night who sometimes transforms during a Night of a Crying Moon.]

Everyone was of the same species, even the blind woman who controlled the dead. I fail to understand how she manages such a feat, but I am left impress nonetheless.

Oh yeah, I also asked the children what they were doing in this place-which happened to named Death Forest- they avoided the question by saying they were running away.

The children acted in this manner without exception. Fear would blossom in their eyes, and then they would tremble before avoiding my eyes, as though they were ashamed.

“Mister, where do I put the wooden plates?” the boy who guided me asked. He had also been helping me tend to the others.

“Just to the side, I will take care of it later,” I responded.

He was the only one who had the strength to do so, all of the children were exhausted, and the moment I said I would take care of them, they all collapsed.

“Mister, why are you so kind to us? Are you one of those people who came from another world?” the boy suddenly asked.

“Oh, what makes you think so?” Interesting, other than my clothes, I think I didn’t give off any clues that I came from another world. In fact, I even spoke their language without mistakes.

[Unique Skill: Planeswalker: Allows communication and quick assimilation to the World Laws and Language. Allows you to cross different realms.]

The Planeswalker made it so that I had no problem assimilating with the language.

“Because you are helping us despite our race. If you were from this world, then we wouldn’t be having lavish dinner like this… I am thankful for that.”

I failed to understand him, but the pained smile made me feel unprepared.

“Well, you got me, kid. I am indeed from another world.”

“So, were you summoned to our world like the others? What was your world like—ah, I apologize, mister.”

His eyes were glowing after asking that question. Groans echoed from afar; the others who were awake were also interested.

“Don’t worry, it is no problem whatsoever. Hmm, let’s see, I do not know what you mean about being summoned, but I went to this world of my own volition. And as for what my previous world… I was called the Demonic Blood King—”

I could hear their gasps. I supposed they were in awe of me, though this was nothing new to me.

[Report: Your heartbeat is increasing; does that mean anything?]

‘It doesn’t, don’t worry about it.’

 

Day 4

 

He had no name, in fact none of them had a name.

They said that they didn’t have the right to have one.

“And that’s where I am drawing the line.”

 

Day 5

 

I decided to give the children names.

I gained several notifications regarding naming them.

"You would be Jin, you Ela, you Rong, you Feng… Yong..."

 

[Report: 10:0 Contracts have been established.]

[Report: 10:0 Contracts have been established.]

[Report: 10:0 Contracts have been established.]

 

Coming up with names was harder than I thought.

A total of 37 Names have been given. The children celebrated being named as though they gained a new sense of self. The children showed signs of quickly regaining their strength.

"Thank you, Mister Weiss!"

Their laughter became even more powerful, and then after three hours, an exciting sight happened.

The children collapsed-that's not the interesting part-and bright golden light wrapped around their bodies. Jin, the boy who guided me here a few days back, gave me a smile before he was fully enveloped with his own golden light, "Thank you." He muttered, and so did the others.

[Report: Mass Body Reconfiguration detected. 9% of Spirit will be used to strengthen their bones, 4% to reconstruct destroyed body — Do you wish to continue? Y/N?]

'Do it.'

[Acknowledge: Pulling Spirit and Mana from Host…]

"Ack! That's a rather harsh way… to take it." I could feel the flow of my Spirit being taken away… but then, I also felt a new power being drawn out of my body.

[Extraction…completed... Starting (9:23:59:59.]

The announcement sounded out, but something else caught my attention. Quickly, I sat down, close my eyes, and began feeling out the flow of that second energy.

'Mana, was it? I… finally grasped it… come to me.' A different flow of power surge, it was unique, unlike the power of Spirit.

Spirit Energy was also called Life Force or Life Energy. It was the inherent life of a being and was directly connected to the soul.

But this power was different. It was overbearing yet gentle. It was blazing yet cooling. Ever-changing. As though it could take the shape of anything. I understood why that man from the Era of Shuin thought this power was Heavenly Essence.

Mana was, after all, everything in existence.

[You have discovered Mana Flow, congratulations.]

‘There’s no skill?’

[Answer: Mana Flow is natural; a skill is activation of laws in the world. Skills are more like a scroll activated through the data of a skill in one’s Blessing.]

Blessing was the term they use in referring to the panel that appears before you. Well, calling it a Blessing wasn’t really that farfetched especially when it provides the user strength without much hard work.

This Blessing also mark the Arts you have completed making it even more convenient. This world was interesting this way I supposed.

 

Day6

 

Anne was the only one not inside a Golden Egg, and so, I was left with a lot of time.

I was left alone to contemplate what I have encountered.

It had been five days since I arrived in this world. I have experienced quite a lot of things.

I met a genius cat, children more courageous than most Martial Masters, and even saw the use of Life and Death. I have gained the power of mana, and now I spent the time cultivating the Skills I have gained.

 

[Skill: Lesser Fire Manipulation (Updated)] –> [Skill: Fire Manipulation]

[Skill: Lesser Lightning Manipulation (Updated)] –> [Skill: Lightning Manipulation]

[Skill: Lesser Water Manipulation (Updated)] –> [Skill: Water Manipulation]

[Skill: Lesser Blood Manipulation (Updated)] –> [Skill: Blood Manipulation]

 

I just learned that skills could grow stronger and take new forms. I also knew that Manipulation Skills was somewhat tricky in the name.

Other than Blood and Water Manipulation, I could manifest elements if I try hard enough (Fire is a different matter. That's too easy to manifest.).

Water Manipulation was relatively easy for me. It could be because I have Heavenly Water Congregation Art.

"If this is the case, then does that mean that Spirit and Mana are compatible with each other? Hmmm, what if I integrate their flow… Spirit Sense… then expand its reach by connecting my mana and spirit into the dome… the 500 meters Spirit Sense… expands outwards by pushing it with mana…"

 

[Notice: New Skill Formula Detected… waiting for completion… 800 meters… completed… assisting in configuration, completed.]

[Skill: Spirit Sense (Updated) —> [Greater Skill: Sage Sense]

 

So, skills could also evolve.

As far as I was aware, Skills were divided into three categories, [Skill] the ordinary kind, [Great Skill] that of which only a handful have, and [Unique Skill] only a single one in the Universe could possess it at a time.

Speaking of which, this would also mean that I am the only Planeswalker in the world.

But considering how the children referred to others as Otherworlders, that would mean that there were ways to bring other people here.

Well, I'll get there when I get there.

"I have several Greater and Unique Skills, is this normal, Ghost?" I found this weird.

[Answer: No, only a few existences could gain multiple Unique and Greater Skills. These people were exceptional in their own rights. Gaining several Unique and Greater Skills may have something to do with the Worldly Laws being lesser in terms of chaining you down as opposed to others. You are, after all, from a different world.]

"That would also mean the so-called Otherworlders wield great powers… I have to find them to find out."

A target finally appears… oh, though I also meant the Otherworlders, there were just people arriving near the cave.

[Report: There are seven of them, most of them have a considerable amount of Mana.]

“Thank you, Ghost. I’ll be going to meet them now.”

“ugh…” a groan came from Anne. Her eyes were half-open and must have just woken up. She must be feeling a lot of stress and pain. Her body was being destroyed from the inside, after all.

“Drink this; it will ease the pain.” I passed her a shell of Earth Dragon filled with water.

“Do not swat my hands away; you will waste the water. Do not make a commotion and look around you before thinking of doing anything; the children are being healed… I think. I’m not really sure about the process, but they are not in any pain right now. Do you want to accept a name as well? It might ease your pain.”

“…no, I am going to keep my name… I still do not trust… you.”

“What a strong will you have. Hmm? Where are you going?”

“People approaches the cave… because of me losing consciousness, the illusion wore off… and the boy had also entered a state of World Embryo, so that would mean they are… in danger. I brought them… here, I must protect… them.”

She’s a strong lass, staggering to stand yet still pushing herself to ensure she could protect the children.

“I like your spirit Anne, but you do not need to worry; I will take care of the matter on my own. You just rest.”

“I’ll… go.”

“If you insist on doing so.” Sweeping Anne off her feet, I asked her, “I cannot have you waste the effort I put in healing your body. Do not do anything; I’ll take care of everything.”

Anne’s face reddened as she hid her expression with the blanket she always carried with her. She’s still young, I suppose.

"Quick question, how good are you with dealing with death and blood?" It had to be asked just in case.

***

A knight wearing full-plated armor stopped just at a Cave's entrance.

"Captain!" a Knight saluted the Captain wearing the full-plate armor, "We have confirmed that there were no monsters in the perimeter!" he reported.

The Captain of the Knights looked at his tired soldiers and then soon gave the command, "Night's about to fall. It is dangerous during such a time in this Forest! We're setting up camp inside the cave! We'll go looking for the escapees tomorrow!"

His words echoed as the other Knights nodded their heads. A young man in the center of the group scoffed, "Why the hell do I have to go here as well!? Yomi! Why can't you find that fucking bitch!? It had been days!"

The Young Man raged at the Captain of the Knights known as Yomi. The young man was clearly someone with a noble title indicated by his armor made from Black Steel, "How long do I have to wait!?"

Yomi was irritated by the young man, but he lowered his head to him nonetheless, "I apologize, Young Master Allen, but Anne—"

Pak!

Allen slapped Yomi across the face, a red mark appeared on his face. The Knights who saw this smiled in derision.

"Don't you call that woman's name. She's not someone deserving to have a name. That filth is but a slave." Allen's voice was low and soft. Oppose to his previous outburst, this time, he spoke calmly.

"I apologi — Young Master, step back!" Yomi lowered his head, ready to apologize and appease the young man's rage, when, all of a sudden, he got in front of Allen and stood in front of the Cave, "Quickly, draw your swords and prepare for battle!"

He quickly ordered the Knights, who followed suit to his actions.

A man ambled the dark path; a smile escaped the darkness, his eyes glowing crimson.

A tall frame, solid and secure, without a single flaw, his presence pure. A man with a simple gaze, his air was overbearing yet quaint. His robes were aged, yet its embroidery had not faded in color.

Quietly standing there with a person in his arms.

He seemed mature yet young. His clothes were weird, resembling the attire of those who came from the far east. The man smiled as he spoke, "I must have frightened you; I apologize, it is just that I react strongly to words I dislike s—"

"There you are, you bastard!" Allen cut off the man's words as he caught sight of the bundled woman in his arms.

The woman enveloped in a white blanket hid in the man's bosom. She wanted to escape his eyes. Fear that had been ingrained in her body surfaced every second hearing him.

Allen saw this and then shoved Yomi out of the way, "You the one wearing the Robes, you must have carried her here in this way because you sensed our arrival, correct? You must have done it so for the bounty, correct!?"

The man looked at Allen, his expression still the same as he asked him, "I do not know what you are talking about. I am simply carrying her because she is hurt. I don't know anything about a bounty. But this bounty you speak of, I am curious as to what it is, enlighten me as to what it is."

The woman looked at the man holding her, fear rousing from the bottom of her heart.

"Hooh, then this is your lucky day then. To find what I, the Great Allen Gandral is searching for by chance is a great fortune for you. A bounty of 100 Gold, in return for that Slave. Is it not a good deal? If you give me to her now, then I will give you 200 gold right here and now."

Yomi listened to Allen and flinched, hearing how much the bounty had been reduced to a meager ten percent. Yomi's pitying eyes, however, were replaced by anxiousness after seeing the man's hidden dagger behind his bright smile.

"What an offer, sadly, I will not take it. This girl stays with me." The man answered and then added, "Also, you have uttered that word twice now. How sad."

Yomi's face twisted, readied his sword, and approached Allen, whispering, "Get ready to escape, young master. I don't think I can protect you… but I'll be sure to buy you enough time."

But Allen did not listen. Hearing the man speak so arrogantly and seeing how his will was being disobeyed, he grew angered and irritated, "Who do you think you are to go against my will? You are nothing but a lowly being compared to me, now, give me that Slave before I—"

Art: Chain Spirit Body

STAB!

Allen looked down and saw blood seeping out of his body… he could not see what it was, but he could feel something pierced him, “….AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~”

He screamed in pain upon realization.

“YOUNG MASTER!” Yomi cried aloud! He sped his way towards Allen, but then, he felt something grab his ankles and then got dragged away, “W-what Sorcery is this?”

Yomi and the rest did not know what was happening.

Pitter...patter…pitter…patter

Slow footsteps could be heard, silent, yet it was reverberating. It drowned Allen’s screams, who had already fallen to his knees.

Pain subdued Allen’s senses. With a foot, he was forced to raise his head and look up to the man holding the slave; he spoke with gritted teeth, “Do you… know who I… am? Grovel… before me or — wait, what… no, please… don’t.”

Around Allen’s head, water particles started appearing. Slowly, around him, a bubble appeared, starting from his neck. Slowly, as the water rose, fear gradually grabbed hold of Allen.

His fierce eyes turned meek, his rage-filled voice turned soft, and his pride crumbled to nothingness.

He wanted to escape, but his wrists were then bound by an invisible power. He was held in place as the water reached the bridge of his nose.

There, it stopped. Allen flailed about, wanting to rise above the water. If he just could rise slightly higher, then… maybe, he’d be able to breathe.

There was no escape.

He had to breathe, and when he did, water rushed his nose and into his mouth, filling his body, suffocating him slowly, burning his body despite being drowned.

Water quietly filled his already tired lungs. Allen could tell; Allen could feel it... his death was about to arrive.

He saw the man’s eyes, and with a tear-stained pained face, he managed to mouth off, “Why?”

To which the man answered, “Because I don’t like the word, Slave.”

Weiss answered with a lighthearted tone.

 

Favorite, rate, and review, thank you for reading

 

Thank you for reading

 

It got delayed because of work reasons, I hope you like ths story still

8