Vol 8 – Chapter 20 – The Hero And I
976 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tek here, people have different senses of values, but the saying: “The grass is greener on the other side of the fence.” exists in any country--even in a fantasy world.

 

Since I knew that the Hero had the ability to read my Statuses, I changed my level to 50, and my Skill Composition, keeping the ‘Hero’ title--since the Hero could easily find out about my Demon Killing in Muno City if he was to ask anyone.

 

It might cause problems if Baron Muno was to find out--but I could explain it with levels from the Demon, from the Undead, from fortuitous encounter, etc.

 

I did this change as I helped Lulu chase Tama and Pochi around--trying to get them into their good clothing. In the end, I would stand beside them and stroke their hair and ears while Lulu helped them dress.

 

Lulu was a little frustrated, but for the three of us, it was a game--chasing the naked Beastkin around, and then having them snuggle up to me with pleased noises, before getting them dressed.

 

***

 

“Oh? ‘Tempura’ huh?”

 

These are the first words from the Hero who comes to the banquet while taking along a lot of women--looks like he didn’t use the Shiga Kingdom Language for the Tempura part.

 

>>Skill: (Earth 45/4.4./232/A) Japanese Language Acquired.

 

Hmm?

 

My Menu can identify the Earth that the language is from?

 

Well, I think this is the first time I heard Japanese without a Translation Ring--or maybe he’s from the same world as me…I need to hear someone else speak Japanese, or another language.

 

“Yeah, it’s called Tempura--a recipe that was supplied to me from a companion of mine…One of the ‘Ominous Ones’.” I used the Shiga Kingdom word for it.

 

The Hero looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

 

Playing with this guy is amusing, let’s see what he will do if I keep trying to confuse him.

 

“Hey, Tek.” He says my name, again in Japanese--with the extra ‘u’ sound.

 

I ignored it, “It’s an honour to have my name remembered by the Hero.”

 

I don’t really mind if the Hero finds out that I have knowledge from Earth, but I’m not from Japan like he was so--it could be a little difficult. Though, I would prefer it if he didn’t publicize the fact that I’m not from this world.

 

Lulu presents a plate of Tempura to the Hero.

 

“This is, I’m surprised. I’ve gotten used to having beautiful women around me, but this is the first time I’ve seen a girl as beautiful as you.” He said the first part out loud, and then whispered so quietly that I could only hear it because of my Skills, “Wish I met her five years earlier.”

 

Lulu’s face is turning pale, as if she had been insulted with indirect sarcasm in public--it seems that Ringrande secretly scolds the Hero.

 

I don’t know why the reaction is like this--I do know that the people of this world dislike the Japanese face, especially on women--but he’s obviously Japanese himself, with a similar face.

 

I stroke Lulu’s hair for a few seconds, before asking her to go to the kitchen to get some ingredients. I will talk to her later about it, about how she would be beautiful where the Hero comes from, that he wasn’t insulting her.

 

The Hero stiffens when he sees the substitute--Arisa.

 

“My Honey!”

 

“Oh my, hero Hayato, it has been a while.” Arisa speaks in a prim and proper manner.

 

Isn’t he a Lolicon?

 

Why would he call her ‘honey’?

 

I glance at Arisa, who rolls her eyes at me, and gestures that she will explain later.

 

Ringrande and the Imperial Princess Maryest start whispering to each other, confirming that neither of them know who Arisa is. The other members of the Hero’s party don’t seem like they’re interested in the hero’s love life--they’re busy eating the Tempura and Aspic Jellies--aren’t they the Hero’s harem.

 

“I’m really happy that you’re alive, Princess Arisa.”

 

Noises like, “Princess?”, or “Who is that maid talking with the Hero?”, are coming from the surroundings.

 

“I thought you had died after getting rolled up in the political strife--” The Hero approaches Arisa while looking very happy, but then his expression freezes.

 

Ah, I have a bad feeling about this.

 

We shift position a bit, so Arisa and I are on the other side of the a table from the Hero.

 

“Oy, Tek! You enslaved my honey!”

 

So he really saw Arisa’s title, ‘Tek’s Slave’.

 

“Hero, there are reasons behind that. Calm down.”

 

“That’s right, Tek was the one who saved me from a predicament. The reason why I’m a slave is because during the invasion by the Yowok Kingdom, I was put under Geass Magic.” Arisa whispered with a scowl, she spoke so that only the Hero and his Party could hear.

 

Oh, so he knew her when she was younger, so that’s why he called her ‘honey’?

 

The Hero confirmed something with the Imperial Princess Maryest, and the Priestess Loreiya, but both of them shook their heads--even the hero’s party can’t remove the Geass, huh?

 

Come to think of it, I also asked the Head Priestess about it, through Sera, but even she couldn’t do it.

 

He asked that Loreiya use Truth Magic, to make sure of both Arisa being under a Geass, and that I saved her--I accepted.

 

“Is that so? You saved her? Well, well, I really want to drink some nice liquor with you.” He speaks with a much more relaxed expression.

 

“I’m not able to right now--but maybe if I visit the Saga Empire for any reason.”

 

There were some things that we needed to talk about, but since the surrounding were starting to get antsy because of how much of the Hero’s time I was taking, we promised to meet later--but there was no other opportunity to talk again today.

 

Arisa was serving food, and I stayed nearby, she explained why the Hero called her ‘honey’. My guess was correct, he had met her when she was 11, which was supposedly in his strike-zone. She used Mind Magic, to try to stop him creeping on her--but it had the opposite effect, since she didn’t have much experience, and now he doesn’t seem to realize that she has grown up.

 

He seems to permanently see her as 11.

 

***

That evening, Arisa and I consoled Lulu. She cheered up when I told her about the differences in looks between worlds, and when Arisa and I called her beautiful--while we ‘consoled’ her. All she had to do was lie back…

 

***

The next day, I’m going to accompany Sera to the orphanage in the morning, and then visit the final workshop in the afternoon. The reason that Sera is going to the orphanage is to use her Magic to heal any of the sick children.

 

Pochi and Tama are incredibly popular, mainly because they act fairly childish and love playing with the children. Arisa is almost worshiped, since she puts on strange plays, and teaches the children how to use the learning cards.

 

I’m not bringing Lulu and Nana today.

 

Since the children don’t hesitate to speak what they think, they will most likely say a lot of hurtful things to Lulu, so I leave her behind to practice making some of the new menus Arisa and I came up with. The reason I didn’t bring Nana should be obvious, she will want to take all of the young orga--children back home.

 

“Oh no! The H-Hero is coming for a visit.”

“Eeh! What should I do? Maybe I should use some make-up.”

 

The staff are beginning to getting excited--wait, aren’t they all married?

 

When the Hero Hayato comes, the boys and the female staff follow him around. Furthermore, before I knew it, the Director’s daughter, who’s unusually unapproachable has followed him too.

 

“Chevalier, Chevalier, look at this.”

“Uina has made one too, look at this.”

 

I’m surrounded by groups of 5 - 6 year old girls. They’ve made the shell accessories I taught them last time I was here. Although they’re rough, each of them are different and well made--for kids work.

 

I say surrounded by little girls, but Tama and Pochi are sitting on the floor and formed a story circle, describing the battles they’ve been in. Arisa is hiding behind me, and Sera is using Magic nearby.

 

Since my eyes met with the Hero’s, I waved in greeting. I didn’t want to have to get all the girls around him annoyed, so we are a distance apart.

 

He had an envious look in his eyes…is he one of those Lolicons who like girls as young as 5 and 6? Well, at least he follows the “Yes Lolita, NO Touch.” creed--otherwise, I don’t think he should be around orphanages…someone should get a Priest, who is unaffiliated with him, to use Truth Judgement and demonstrate that he should never be around children--ever.

 

Strangely though, Ringrande didn’t make too much of a fuss about me getting along with Sera. She did watch me like a hawk, and her hand kept resting on the hilt of her sword.

 

***

I hold Tama and Pochi’s hands as we tour the Barrier Pillar workshop. A Barrier Pillar is a Magic Tool that drives Monsters away from villages, though it’s not a physical Barrier. If some Monsters were to overcome the psychological effects, they wouldn’t be stopped, and could just charge in and slaughter everyone.

 

There are no interruptions from the Hero, or from any Demons--it was surprisingly peaceful. Peace can be good in small doses.

22