Vol 10 – Chapter 16 – Guild Disturbance
732 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tek here. In the old Dungeon Crawler, and RPG Games, you assemble your party in a pub, revive or cure curses in the temple, and get ripped off in stores.

 

I explain the details regarding the circumstances and give the Red Iron Plates to Arisa and the others who are waiting downstairs.

 

“Yay! It’s a promotion authorized straight by the Guildmaster!”

“It’s eyes are scary!”

 

Arisa is getting exaggeratedly happy, throwing her hands into the air and jumping up.

 

Pochi seemed to still be worried about the dead, glassy, eyes of the fish that she insisted was staring at her.

 

Tama tilted her head cutely, before wiggling her ears and pumping her fist like Arisa did.

 

After a second, the two mimicked Arisa, jumped…and almost hit their heads on the ceiling. It’s dangerous if you don’t grasp your own physical abilities, you know.

 

The other members looked more reserved, but they were also happy.

 

“Keh, since when did the Adventurer’s Guild become a children’s playground?”

 

I looked back and saw a man kicking the children who were gathering nearby. He was talking about the baggage carrier children who occupy the Guild’s entrance. If I’m not mistaken, he’s the party leader of the male Adventurer party that were running from the Ants. The kicked children don’t have serious injuries, yet they can’t move, falling limp back against the Guild’s wall.

 

Just like the Tigerkin back then, how could a big man kick around children.

 

“Violence against young organisms is dangerous, thus prohibited, so I warn. Tell them with words, so I recommend.”

 

“What’s with you, bastard? Oh, aren’t you quite the beauty. Don’t you have the wrong job? You can make much more money as a prostitute than an Adventurer, y’know?” The man casually reaches his hands towards Nana.

 

The armour that Nana usually wears has green silk in the interior layer, whale leather in the middle layer, and Armoured Newt leather on the outside. It looks like soft leather armour from the outside, and although it’s actually soft, the Armoured Newt leather part hardens when it’s supplied with Magic Power.

 

It can repel swords and spears, wielded by Elite Knights.

 

What would happen to defenseless fingers that tried to grab her breasts?

 

The man learned the answer, the hard way.

 

“Fi-Fingers, my fingers areee…” The man screamed in what sounded like surprise, crouching down to the floor.

 

“You bitch, what did you do to Besso?”

“Enemy of Besso!”

 

“Denied. He brought it on himself, I report.”

 

Those men, who seem to be friends of the crouching man, their faces are red. It looks like they had been drinking strong liquor during the day. They did the unbelievable of drawing their swords inside the Adventurer’s Guild.

 

Now then, I guess I should restrain them before anyone got hurt.

 

Before I can move, Liza drives the shaft of her spear into the flank of one of the men. Liza was intending to do it lightly, but with a small sound, a hole was formed in the man’s armour. His armour seemed to be made from some kind of Monster shell, and he fainted from the powerful hit to his abdomen.

 

The man beside him, shocked at how easily his friend went down, lost his balance and rolled on the floor.

 

‘Oy, aren’t those guys wearing Ant-Shell Armour?’

‘B-Breaking it so easily like that--’

 

The peanut gallery was saying something, but since this armour is far more brittle than the shell breastplates I gave to Kon’s friends, it can’t be helped if it breaks.

 

Besso, who had his fingers bent at a bad angle, picked up his friend’s sword that had fallen to the ground, and tried to attack Lulu.

 

I closed in on her quickly, to intercept him, but it the end, it was meaningless. Lulu easily evaded Besso’s sword, and then pinned him down to the ground. Besso is resisting, but there’s almost no effect, maybe it’s due to her level that’s almost double his, or her self-defense Skill.

 

‘That maid is strooong!’

‘Did you see her movement just now?’

‘Didn’t Besso and his gang win against the Viceroy’s soldiers, who were three times their number, at the bar back then?’

‘If the maid is that strong, that means those runts are also strong--’

 

The remaining one has also been defeated by Tama and Pochi, who are barehanded.

 

Runts?

 

Pochi and Tama are technically adults, though they are quite small.

 

‘Aren’t those runts too strong?’

‘They are the Beastkin who easily opened the labyrinth gate--they are adults, though small.’

 

See, someone else knows.

 

The peanut gallery is getting noisy.

 

“Oy, I’ll throw you into the Guild dungeon if you make too much noise in the hall, y’knooo?!” A heavily armoured soldier with a good physique warned everyone, he had come from the interior of the Guild.

 

When I looked at him, I felt a sense of nostalgia. He is the Adventurer with a big shield who was knocked down by the Demon in Gururian City.

 

‘It’s Iron Wall Gell.’

‘He survived fighting a Demon, y’hear?’

‘As expected of Iron Wall Gell.’

 

He rushed over to me and asked, “Excuse me, but aren’t you Sir Felspar?”

 

“Yes, we met in Gururian City, if I remember correctly.”

 

He didn’t seem to think that I would remember him.

 

“I am alive, thanks to you, Sir Felspar.”

“It’s thanks to the hard work of my companions.”

 

He’s looking around for someone restlessly, while thanking me.

 

“Ge-Gell bro.”

 

I only remembered Besso’s existence when I heard his voice down below.

 

I gestured for Lulu to let him go.

 

“Ah, the daredevil who picked a quarrel with Sir Felspar was you, huh?” Gell treated Besso coldly.

 

“You hear? Everyone out! These people are experts who have defeated a Demon that appeared in a city of a distant Dukedom. Furthermore! They didn’t only defeat it--it was a complete victory! They defeated the Demon without even suffering a single injury.” He talks passionately about how strong we were, to the peanut gallery.

 

He seemed to particularly remember about how Pochi and Tama took him to the safety zone, and thanked the two, calling them his life saviours.

 

“By the way, Sir Felspar. Today, are you not together with the beautiful goddess who was fighting barehanded at that time?”

 

The ones who was fighting barehanded at that time was Karina.

He’s probably been looking for Karina since a while ago.

 

“Yes, she has already returned to her territory.”

“Territory is it?”

“Yes, she is the daughter of Baron Muno.”

 

Afterwards, Gell asked various things about Karina. While we’re at it, I tell him about the shortage of soldiers and knights of the Territory Army. I don’t think that he will enter into government service, but Adventurers who have heard this story might want to go there out of curiosity.

 

***

As a punishment for drawing their swords inside the Guild Hall, Besso and his gang are to be in the Guild Dungeon for three days, so Gell took them away.

 

Liza used her spear too, but since it wasn’t the tip, but the blunt end, she didn’t get punished.

 

The children who were kicked, looked like they would get some bruises, but they were otherwise unhurt, and had left the guild before the staff could warn them.

 

“Isn’t that man dimwitted for calling Karina a goddess?”

“Nn.”

 

“Strong?”

“She’s agile, like pyon pyon!”

 

Arisa and Mia don’t think that Karina is that great, though they get along well with her normally, maybe they didn’t like that the guy called her a ‘goddess’.

 

Tama and Pochi tried to defend her, but they weren’t really successful.

 

***

Since we are already at the Guild, I decided that we might as well check out the facilities here. Arisa and the others, who had explored while I was busy getting the tags.

 

First, let’s go to the room where the Temple Priests reside in the Guild. There are beautiful Priestesses, and overly handsome Priests, to the point where I was wondering if they had been selected by their looks.

 

It seems like Detoxification, Curse Dissolution, Paralysis Release, and healing of the severely wounded are all free of charge.

 

There are also Life Mages who work as their assistants, their jobs seemingly stopping bleeding and disinfecting wounds.

 

There’s also a place that sells labyrinth maps and information. It looks like they’re selling information about unknown areas, or unknown passage in an area. It seems that only Red Iron Adventurers and higher can buy or sell information here. Wooden and Bronze ones only trade maps and information in front of the labyrinth.

 

There’s also a curio store for Adventurers. They sell emergency goods like preserved food, sleeping bags, and bandages; there are also torches, Monster-warding Powder, Flash Balls, Smoke Balls, ropes, thin strings, etc. Some unusual things as well, including small metal plates, and mirrors. I wonder what they’re used for, and the clerk happily explains that the metal plates are used in warning traps, and mirrors for checking for enemies behind you.

 

Of course, there is also an Apothecary that sells Medicines and Magic Potions. I could hear something that sounded like a quarrel from the Apothecary.

17