Promise
158 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The island was very quiet they couldn’t hear anything except some birds chirping.  As they got closer to the village they could smell the rotting bodies. Both kids were scared to move forward but they still slowly moved towards the village.

 

They were moving very slowly and were not making any sounds because they were afraid that the pirates might still be there. They reached the village and were greeted by a disgusting scene. There were rotting dead bodies lying around everywhere and some birds were feeding on them. Just by looking at this Yama knew that no one had survived.

 

Lily moved closer to Yama and held his hand. They both were shaking because of fear and sadness. The two terrified children made their way towards the center of the village. There they saw the bodies of Sita and Ram two of the closest person to them. Yama quickly ran towards the body of Sita and held her hand.

 

He couldn’t hold back his tears anymore, he started crying out loud. “I am sorry, sister. I am a coward. I couldn’t protect you or the others. I was afraid, I just watched you die without doing anything. Please forgive this pathetic coward. I am sorry, I promised you that I would protect you and take care of everyone but I was useless.”

 

Lily who watched this scene also began to cry and the two of them began to cry while holding the body of their loved ones in their arms.

 

‘I already failed to keep my promise once but I swear to you that I will kill all those pirates who did this to you. I will protect Lily and make her happy I won’t let anyone even look at her the wrong way. I won’t fail to keep my promise this time, I don’t want to be weak, I want to be strong, and I will be strong. I won’t be a coward anymore.’ Yama made an oath to himself.

 

“Lily I don’t want them to rot away and be food to insects, we can’t give them proper funeral so let’s burn them.”

 

Lily wiped away her tears and helped Yama to gather the body of the villagers at the center of the town. After gathering the body and the scattered body parts they set the bodies on fire.

 

‘I won’t let you down this time sister I will take care of Lily don’t worry.’

 

“Lily go to your rooms and pack everything you need, we are going to leave this island.”

 

“Ok brother.” Lily did as Yama said and started packing. Yama also went inside the orphanage and packed his clothes he then went to different houses and packed a lot of bread, dried meat, and water. When he went around the village looking for long-lasting food he noticed that the pirates hadn’t taken anything.

 

They left everything untouched they just killed all the people in the village and left. They didn’t need anything from the village they had no reason to massacre people but yet they still did. This made Yama even angrier.

 

Yama also took all the money from the village because he knew they needed money to survive. After taking money and the food he returned to the orphanage.

 

“Lily, are you done?”

 

“Yes, brother.” Lily came down with a small bag after she heard Yama’s voice.

 

Yama saw Lily’s small bag and was surprised when he saw that she had neatly folded her clothes and placed them properly so it took her less space. He on the other hand had thrown everything in a bag.

 

Lily saw Yama’s expression and showed a small smile. “Give me your bag I will pack your stuff properly.”

 

“Thank you, I will go around the house to see if we missed anything.”

 

He went around the orphanage looking for things that could be useful. While looking around he entered Sita’s room. The memories of her started to fill his brain. He looked at the table and saw a group photo of everyone in the orphanage.

 

He took the picture and looked at it for a while, his eyes were filled with tears just by looking at the picture. He wiped his tears, turned around, and left the room. When he reached the door he suddenly remembered something.

 

He hurriedly ran towards the drawer of the table. He opened the drawer and saw a small box inside it. He took out the box with a shaking hand and placed it on the table. He remembered his conversation with sister Sita about this box.

 

Yama was helping Sita clean the room. While cleaning the room he saw the box inside the drawer. “Sister, what is in this box? Why is it locked?”

 

Sita saw the box in his hand and replied. “There is a cursed fruit inside the box, if you eat the fruit it will give you unimaginable power but it also takes your ability to swim.”

 

“Wow! That’s great. Why haven’t you eaten the fruit then, we don’t need to swim that much anyway so you don’t need to worry about the curse.”

 

She smiled and shook her head. “Having power is not always a good thing, power usually invites trouble. If I ate this fruit I wouldn’t be able to live a peaceful life.”

 

Yama remembered his conversation with Sita and murmured. “Peace is no longer an option.”

 

 

 

8