“Cursed” Fruits
209 7 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yama remembered his conversation with Sita and murmured. “Peace is no longer an option.”

 

There was still a lock in the box so Yama started to search for the key because he had no strength to break the lock. After searching for a bit he found the lock which was placed under the mattress. But surprisingly there were two keys instead of one. He looked at the keys and could easily tell that they were of different locks.

 

He tried to open the lock on the box but the 1st key wasn’t the right one he used the second key and it opened the lock. He opened the box and saw a half red and half white fruit. He looked at the fruit and became a little tense. He decided to forget about the fruit for a while and search for the lock of the other key.

 

He couldn’t find it by himself so he called Lily for help. “Lily, can you come here. I need your help.”

 

Lily entered the room and asked. “What is it, brother?”

 

He pointed at the box which contained the devil fruit and said. “I am looking for a box that looks similar to this one.”

 

“Mhm, I think I saw a similar box down in the storage room drawer, but that was about 3 months ago. So maybe I saw this one down there.”

 

“Let’s go and check.”

 

“Why are you looking for it? What’s in the box?”

 

“It contains a cursed fruit which gives us superpower but takes away our ability to swim.”

 

When she heard him her desire to eat the fruit shot up.

 

‘I want to eat the fruit, I don’t want to be a burden to brother anymore. I am weak and am only alive thanks to big brother. I will eat the fruit and protect my brother from now on. I have to eat the fruit at all cost even if he becomes angry at me.

 

‘Sister Sita told me to become strong and help everyone, I will eat the fruit become strong, and beat the bad guys.’

 

She was really hoping to find another cursed fruit in the storage room so that she wouldn’t have to worry about Yama being angry at her. If they didn’t find the fruit she was ready to sprint back to eat the fruit herself because she knew Yama wouldn’t let her eat the fruit if they didn’t find the second one.

 

Yama on the other hand hadn’t even considered that Lily would try and eat the fruit before him. He wanted to find another fruit so he could give one to Lily but even if they didn’t find another one he wouldn’t be too sad.

 

They started searching for the box, they searched for quite a bit but couldn’t find it. Lily was getting more and more nervous every second. She looked at Yama who was still searching for the fruit and spoke.

 

“Brother you continue searching here I will look for it in the other rooms.”

 

“Ok, check every room carefully.”

 

She nodded her head and sprinted out the room towards sister Sita’s room where the fruit was. She reached the room opened the box and looked at the fruit. It was a half red and half white fruit with a wavy pattern all around it.

 

“I am sorry, please forgive me.”

 

She grabbed the fruit and was about to take a bite.

 

“Lily, I found it.”

 

Lily let out a sigh of relief and put down the fruit.

 

“Wait I am coming.”

 

She ran back down to the stairs and saw Yama dusting off the specks of dust from the box.

 

“Where was it?”

 

“It was hidden under that huge pile of stuff over there, Anyway let’s go up and open this box.”

 

The two of them went up and opened the box using the 2nd key. Inside the box was a pitch-black fruit. It gave them a sinister vibe just by looking at it. It sent shivers down their spine.

 

“Which one do you want Lily?”

 

Lily immediately chose the red and white fruit. “I want the pretty one, this black one is ugly and scary.”

 

Yama also didn’t want the black one because it was a little scary and he was worried it might hurt him instead of helping him. So if he had the option he would choose the Red and white fruit. But even if Lily chose the black one he wouldn’t give it to her because he was concerned about her safety.

 

“Lily, I will eat mine first and test out if it’s dangerous or not then you can eat yours.”

 

“What! No! Stupid Brother why do you have to do all the dangerous stuff. I will eat mine first.”

 

She immediately took a big bite out of the fruit after saying that. As soon as she took a bite her facial expression changed.

 

Yama saw this and became terrified. “Lily! Are you fine spit it out.”

 

Lily forcefully swallowed it and said while huffing. “It’s… it’s disgusting. I wanna throw up.”

 

“Does it only taste bad and nothing else? Are you hurt somewhere? Do you feel stronger?”

 

“I am fine but the fruit taste’s worse than any vegetables I have eaten.”

 

“What? Even worse than Bitter Gourd?”

 

She nodded her head. “It’s 10 times worse than Bitter Gourd.”

 

Yama became horrified when he heard her. He looked at the fruit in his hand and started shaking a bit. He brought it closer to his face and finally took a bite. Once he took a bite he knew Lily wasn’t lying. He wanted to yeet the fruit out and wash his tongue with soap and water but he held on because of his will to become strong.

 

“See I told you it tastes bad.” She handed him some water while saying that.

 

Yama drank the water and took another big bite out of the fruit and swallowed it down with water.

 

“You are eating more of it despite its taste?”

 

“I don’t feel any stronger so I think it only works after we finish it.”

 

Lily heard Yama’s word and felt like he was very smart so she copied him and took a big bite from her fruit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

11