Testing Power
160 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily heard Yama’s word and felt like he was very smart so she copied him and took a big bite from her fruit. Soon they both finished eating the fruit.

 

“Lily… do…do you feel anything else except wanting to throw up.”

 

“Yes, my tummy hurts.”

 

Yama and Lily spent nearly an hour trying to feel their power. Yama wasn’t able to do feel anything different. He looked at Lily who was also trying to sense her power, she looked a bit red so Yama became worried.

 

“Lily are you fine?” He went over to Lily and shook her but when he touched her he was shocked. Lily’s body temperature was way above what a normal human body temperature should be.

 

“Lily! What’s going on?” yelled Yama.

 

Lily opened her eyes and looked at Yama with a confused look on her face. “What happened, big brother?”

 

Yama touched her face and said. “Your body temperature is through the roof don’t you feel any difference?”

 

She tilted her head a bit and said. “I feel a bit warm but that’s it.”

 

“I think this is the power the fruit gave you, you can raise your body temperature without it hurting you.”

 

“How does that help me beat the bad guys?”

 

“If you can increase your body temperature even more then if you just touch the bad guys they will be hurt.”

 

“Then I will try my best to make my body hot.”

 

“Yes, do your best.”

 

“So, what’s your power?”

 

Yama looked a bit sad when he heard her. “I don’t know yet, I can’t observe any difference.”

 

Lily noticed that Yama looked a bit sad so she came near him and hugged him. “Don’t worry, you will probably figure it out soon.”

 

He smiled and patted her head. “Tanks for cheering me up. Now let’s check out our weakness.”

 

The two of them went near the coast. He tied a rope around Lily’s waist. “Lily try and go into the water and see if you can still swim or not. If you can’t then I will pull you out.”

 

“Ok brother.” Lily nodded her head and walked into the sea. When the water level rose to around her waist she felt weak.

 

“Brother I am losing my strength, I don’t think I can go any further.”

 

Yama immediately pulled her out as soon as she said that. “Are you fine now?”

 

“Yes, I am much better.”

 

“Ok, it’s my turn now.” He took out the rope from Lily’s waist and tied it around himself.

 

“Pull me out if I need help ok.”

 

“Ok brother.”

He walked towards the sea and just like Lily he also felt weaker the further he walked into the sea. He was happy when he felt weak because that meant that he had definitely eaten the cursed fruit and not some rotten fruit.

 

‘Yes, I also have some sort of special power I just need to figure out what it is.’

 

While he emerged on his thoughts he walked further and further into the sea. His body suddenly lost all its strength and started to sink.

 

“Brother!” Lily panicked and hurriedly started pulling him out.

 

She soon pulled him out of the water.

 

“Cough, Cough.” He started coughing out some water from his mouth.

 

Lily suddenly slapped him. “Stupid brother, don’t scare me like that, why didn’t you say anything if you were feeling weak.”

 

He was surprised that Lily hit him. He looked at her and saw her tearful face. “I am sorry Lily, I won’t do it again.”

 

After consoling Lily for a bit they went back home.

 

“Now, we have a small problem, we can’t leave this Island yet because of our new weakness. We do have a ship but we have never sailed the ship ourselves. On top of that we can’t swim, so leaving now is a huge risk.”

 

“Then let’s just stay here.”

 

“That’s our only option for now but we can’t do that forever, some other pirate might come and attack us, and also the food and water we have will only last us for about a year. So we need to properly learn to set sail within a year and leave this island.”

“Yes, then let’s do that we can also use that time to train our ability and become strong so that we won’t be bullied by others after we leave the Island.”

 

Yama patted her head and smiled. “Yes, so let’s start our training from tomorrow, it’s getting dark so go and sleep.”

 

Lily went to her room to sleep and Yama stayed in his room and tried to figure out his special power. Lily on the other hand was trying to sleep but was too afraid to do so. The memory of the pirate attacking kept coming to her head.

 

She was afraid especially because just hours earlier she dragged the dead bodies of her friends from the same house she was staying in and burned them. She tried to force herself to sleep for about 10 minutes but was too afraid to do so.

 

She ran back to Yama’s room and opened his door. Yama was sitting crossed leg on the floor, he opened his eyes when he heard the noise and saw a crying Lily on the door. He sprinted towards her and asked her in a concerned voice.

 

“What happened Lily?”

 

“I… I am scared, I can’t sleep.”

 

He felt a pain in his heart when he heard her crying voice. He hugged her and gently patted her head

 

“Don’t worry silly, I am with you, I will protect you.”

 

He took her to bed and held her until she fell asleep. It was already too dark so he also decided to sleep.

 

 

8