Chapter 6- Gifted
296 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6- Gifted

Elise spent her time learning at the orphanage. She experiences more birthdays than she thought but can't remember her birthday in this body so she just invented a birthday date and having an unknown birthday is common to an orphan child. They can't remember or simply because no one knows when.

Elise didn't want to celebrate her true birthday that's why she just invented a new birthday that isn't winter. On the other hand Alicia's birthday is in winter that's why they are in need to prepare for the celebration.

Lucky enough all the kids in the orphanage got paid after chores and errands. It's their way of compensating and teaching the child to become independent. For Elise who's unemployed in her last life, she feels ashamed, these children age seven to fifteen starting to work to learn how to feed themselves.

This is also the reason why she hated this novel. All the struggle , hope and tenacity of the children have built will just be in vain once the tragedy happened. It's disgusting to think that they were just side characters for the protagonist to be known. Elise who thought that sacrifices are important for every character development is exhausting to one's pov.

It's winter now and Alicia is thirteen years old. We celebrated it today and the busier the orphanage has become. Alicia being the center of attraction, beautiful and elegant on her own. She received many gifts to the point of exaggeration from nobles who think Alicia is special. She is excellent in her studies and has the proper attitude of a noble. It also includes some orphans receiving gifts and attention that cause delight to Alicia.

Elise, who is silent, is observing the party. It is a simple but luxurious party. The whole room is noisy with music and chic decorations. They laugh, dance and sing.  There are lots of different foods and Elise loves the sweets the most. Elise likes eating sweets. She was reminded by the chocolates she brought in the convenience store.

 

Elise is not in the mood to party and just silently watch the snow pour outside. She never achieves anything while staying here. She just goes with the flow everyday. She learned more about the empire but the magic and divine power are limited in her knowledge. She doesn't want to stand out but she can’t just do nothing. She is now twelve years old. Her hair becomes long and her eyes become darker. Her pale skin became more white. She tried so hard to do more chores and appear to become average. She did not let her true self to be discovered.

 

On this day, Alicia will hint her divine power and according to the scene “The Lazy Lucky Princess”, it will be the turning point of Alicia. The first step to becoming a Saint in the future. Alicia wears white dress with water drop accessories. Samantha gifted it to her for her thirteen birthday. She has jewelry, earrings and a necklace. She really stands out a lot.

The party is simple but the gifts and the food are extravagant. A lot of nobles come to the orphanage invited by Samantha. The director is a high ranking aristocrat that's why rumors about Samantha having a favorite spread at the empire.

 

This is weird. Elise is silently watching at the back. Why does an orphanage have this kind of connection to the nobles? Samantha is higher in the society but some aristocrats are prejudiced over orphans and commoners. They despise and see them as small prey. But she did see nobles happily congratulating Alicia.

After a moment the party was held happily. Alicia is lovely and gracefully moved dancing with one of the orphans. Some noble faces can see how delighted they are but some have malice shown in their faces. Elise sighs. This is really strange.

After the dance. The Director announced for Alicia. All of the people in the crowd got the attention and listened to the speaker.

"Ladies and Gentleman I hereby thank all of you for attending the simple party held here in La Papillonne. I just want to congratulate our excellent student Alicia Forbe and greet her with a Happy Birthday!"

gasp'

"I, Samantha Forbe, announce that Alicia Forbe is my daughter as of this day!" 

Samantha happily announced it to everyone.

Elise, including the children of the orphanage, can't believe it. She got adopted by the director?! What?

Whispers come afterward and a big round of applause.

Elise is in daze. What? She got adopted?! How on earth... There are lots of questions that Elise thinks of but she can't find answers. There was never a scene stated in the book that Alicia was adopted by Samantha. It's too early too, for Alicia to leave this place. A horror scene came down to Elise. No. No way! Alicia is supposed to be…

Elise is panicking. She literally can't think of anything. She got scared. totally frightened by the future. It can’t be.

The aftermath of the party is full of astonishment and overwhelming revelation. The kids didn't expect it but gradually accepted with jealousy. Samantha is a kind and loving person, being her daughter means will escape the harshness of reality.

Elise went back to her room but found out that Alicia has already packed her things. She will now live at Samantha residence and study as the heir. Elise is still stunned and asks Alicia.

"How did it happen?" Elise didn't hide her bitterness

"I accept her proposal in exchange for studying at the academy of magic." Alicia confesses.

"You... you didn't tell me this." Elise accuse her

"I planned it a long time ago and I think it’s the best way to save all of you here."

"Did I tell you that it's dangerous to get out of the orphanage? You will be in danger!" Elise shouted.

"Elise.... I- I can't stay here." Alicia is in tears.

"No! you need to stay here for more years... You can't go out and be found this early! didn't you understand?!"

Elise is panicking. she can't let Alicia leave this place and just be in danger.

The Lazy Lucky Princess said that once Alicia is found to be the next Saint she will be in danger. She needed to hide until she could finally be blessed by the high priest!

Elise grip Alicia’s hand, in the outside perspective she is like a mad girl who harassed Alicia because she is jealous.

"I’m an Awaken!" Alicia said after the bursting

"I don't know how it happened but I have the power!"

"I know you have the power. That's why I am telling you to stay here and hide. You can't let people know that you have that! You will die!. N-No technically you won't die but..."

Elise can't find words to stop Alicia from leaving. She isn't sure of the story because it got entangled.

"I'll be back before I am fifteen. I promise." Alicia said with conviction.

Elise closed her eyes. She didn't want Alicia to be in danger but She also knows that The saint can’t die because that's her destiny.

"Then I tell you something. Beware of Zachary Molten. He is vicious and plans to kill Samantha in two years now. You need to protect her from him. He likes you too and plans to steal the orphanage. You need to be on guard for him because he will do everything to hurt us. " Elise stares at Alicia with seriousness.

she spills the milk and all have to do is for Alicia to believe her.

Elise hugs Alicia. and whispers to her ear.

"On the seventh day of your fifteen years of age, you will meet him. I want you to do everything to protect yourself and please, I know it’s hard for you but please.... save us too."

Elise sees Alicia in her weary face. She wanted to tell her everything but She can't do that because she had a feeling that everything would change. and it’s not the time yet. She told her the tragedy of the children in the orphanage. Elise didn't want to hold Alicia but it's her fate and a burden.

 

Alicia leaves the place with a heavy heart. The things she discovered and the responsibility of protecting the people is giving Alicia a weak heart. She is afraid of the future but she trusted Elise. She didn't know why but the bond they have helped her not be scared of tomorrow.

"Goodbye my friend" Elise finally let go of Alicia. a small smile came from her lips.

Elise stayed outside even though the carriage was already gone. She felt the coldness of the snow but she felt warm inside.

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 6..

14