Chapter 9- L’ espoir
298 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9- L' espoir

Elise is afraid of darkness. In her previous life, Elise never slept without light or any small lamp beside her because she was always prone to nightmares. Elise eyes naturally adjusted to the dark. The other children are still crying but the harsher reality is finally making its way slapped them. They were trapped in a dungeon like prison.

Several days passed and the orphans are still staying at the prison cell. Elise in her not best overcome her fright and now well-adjusted to the dark. Her day just passed, sleeping, eating and sleeping again. Her mind is giving up and the unknown fear is little by little consuming Elise tenacity.

What the hell is going to happen to her now. She is trapped without any sense of light. The other children are miserable, sometimes they are forgotten and the day will just pass without opening the door. Hunger becomes natural.

Several months have passed and Elise forgot to check in the days that feel like forever. There are only four orphans in the dungeon prison and many of them give up and just die. A horrible death to a child who was abandoned.

Elise is still trying to stay sane. She is a twenty-eight-year-old or let's say twenty-nine because her birthday probably already passed. She can survive as long as there's food and the door will open from time to time. But the horrible fact that children's dying was terrifying.

The body was forgotten. The first time Elise experienced the smell of the decayed body she couldn't help but to vomit. She feels awful that she pukes every time. she can't eat and her body would collapse. Then She would wake up after a day and the same routine would have happened. 

Elise wanted to die. Her thoughts are vivid and she is drunk by the darkness and death. Elise is desperate for the end. She was reminded of the life she had in her previous life. Her family who she hated before but now she misses day by day. Why does she hate her family in the first place? Being useless is something she is familiar with. Being the neet? Can't take care of herself or not being responsible, or independent in her age. Elise kept thinking of the days she got hurt by the words. She wishes that she endured it more. She wishes that she never cursed her family and thinks of being alone.

Is it really neglect? The moment you pity yourself and reject reality, you will never find peace. But what the heck is peace or happiness or love? Even in her last life she didn't fall in love. She just endured the pain and got by the flow of life. Then this shit happened. She didn't do anything that she deserved. Why God?

Elise blinks the tears back. There's no light in her eyes, just resentment. She is done by enduring the pain. She is done saying she is okay even though she is never okay. She wants to scream. Scream to the top of her lungs that She is in pain. She wanted to end it but

why.....

She can't end her life.

Life is precious and the only thing she owned even in her previous life. Elise is enduring everything because she thinks that her life is precious just to give it up. She keeps saying that she shouldn't have to endure difficulty if she is just going to give up her own life. It is the only luxury Elise can afford to have, her only obsession, the life that only belongs to her.

Elise who is in deep thought heard a noise. A scream from another prison cell. So another child dies again... The fact that Elise will endure a rotten smell from the corpse again severely distressed her. It will take several weeks to take down the rodent smell and it was the hardest day for all of them.

--

The door suddenly opened after a week. The man who was the bastard imprisoning them is in a hurry. Elise in her drunk state never flinched or moved.

"That fucker! I will kill them all!"

The man shouted like a mad dog and started to cast a spell. The magic circle is being patterned little by little. Elise is sober and can see the struggle of the man. She is familiar with that cast spell. ... Her body started to tremble and her no emotion eyes got bigger.

"No!"

That spell is for a big explosion!! They will die!!!

Elise is panicking. The man keeps enchanting the spell but is in slow progress. Only Elise catches that the man is bleeding. He has big wounds in his belly and some wounds all over his body. The man is escaping from the attack!

Elise eyes got bigger. There were people invading them! Who are they? Elise who is still in the prison cell watches the man in his vulnerability. He is casting slower now but the eyes are still vicious.

"You think if I die now all of you can live? hahahaha! The empire is stupid and ignorant! The Saint is the cause of disaster. The stupid empire will collapse and the magic will disappear! The saint is the end of life!"

Man shouted louder and viciously. The dungeon is shaking by the force wave energy of the magic spell

"I, Ewers Dilon will kill the cause of doom! I will kill the Saint and be born as the perfect magician of the Empire! hahahaha"

Elise hurriedly went to the side that does not have falling debris. She listened to every word that the crazy magician kept repeating. Elise started to wish

A beautiful person, she is already forgotten and now in the deepest part of her memory.

"Please, if it's you...  Please save us..."

Then a loud thud sound of explosion came from the door. A big crack is visible in the darkest alley... A small light spread faster at the dungeon prison. A long blonde shadow appeared and the shining light from the divine power covered the surroundings...

Elise feels the warm energy inside her body. The light becomes a bigger and beautiful face that is familiar to Elise.

"Alicia….."

Elise tears keep flowing. A friend that she long forgotten appears with the light and warmest.

"God... I'm saved."

 

--

A/N: l’ espoir is French means the hope

 

 

END OF THE CHAPTER 9…

11