Chapter 10- Alicia
304 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10- Alicia

The whole dungeon shook harshly and the falling debris was all over the place. Alicia's face is now clear. The bastard Dilon who stopped from chanting spells was on the ground vomiting blood from the attack.

"I never thought that a dog was hiding in this kind of place. You really hid yourself well, Dilon the dog magician."

The cold voice of a man reached Elise. The prison is now open and half of the dungeon is destroyed but the place is still deserted. Elise can't move from her place because her body is frail.

"B-Bastard!"

Dilon shouted in between vomiting blood. He was overwhelmed by the sudden cast spell attack. His body can't take more blows and his wounds become wider. Dilon gritted his teeth and planned a counter attack but it was futile because of not enough mana. He used his energy to cast a spell protecting himself last time but now he can't even lift his arm anymore.

"You know I told you that you are an easy prey but you never listened to Dilon.."

A dangerous grin by the man who keeps hitting Dilon of magic.

"A dog should just listen to orders but what the hell are you doing running lunatic? I told you last time that I will kill you if you continue your madness."

The atmosphere was eerie and the man who had a grin on his face started to Dilon more coldly.

"No more demented act Dilon. just die and if you try to live again I will kill you again and again until you understand bastard." He smiles perilously.

Elise can't keep up anymore. She thought there would be a fierce battle but that thought vanished just like a lie. Dilon brutally died at the hands of an unknown man.

Elise finally breathes normally after having the divine power surrounding her. The yellow light shield is now gone and Alicia went for Elise and hugged her.

"I'm so sorry!"

Alicia broke into tears and hugged Elise for a long time.

"I-I look long for you and-"

Elise started at Alicia's back. She saw the man walking in the prison, checking the other children's safety.

"I'm sorry it took me this long to save you."

Tears keep falling in Alicia's soft face. Elise wanted to say something but her body was aching and the adrenaline that she felt subsided now.  She can't control her voice and her throat experiences severe pain.

"Buarghh"

A metallic taste of blood flooded in Elise's mouth. She had a continuous cough and the cold blood touched the ground. Elise breathes heavily, the oxygen in her body is leaving her and keeps vomiting blood.

"Elise!  Oh my god!" Alicia panicked and used her divine power to heal Elise but the cough of blood did not stop instead doubled.

Elise consciousness is haywire. She can't stop the blood from coming into her mouth and the smell of blood is extreme. She feels like dying.

Nero, who is watching in the distance, frowned. He thought that it was strange that the girl who is Alicia worriedly and desperately to save is unaffected by divine power. What the hell is she?

Alicia stopped her power and worriedly went for Elise. The blood isn't stopping and she can tell that Elise is having the hard time coughing blood. The sight is insidious. Elise is full of blood and Alicia can't do anything to stop it.

After a while Elise stopped coughing and lost consciousness.

"Elise!"

Alicia hurriedly hugs Elise before she falls down. Alicia looked for Nero and found his gaze.

"Help me."

Nero is confused watching them take Elise in Alicia's arms. He is in deep thought but gets disturbed by Alicia's call.

--

It's been three days but Elise is still in sleep. Alicia is always beside her since day one and carefully taking care of Elise.

One year ago Alicia went to Forbe estate. She became the foster daughter of Samantha. She got enrolled at the academy in the capital. She studies magic as she thought she is awakening but after meeting the Empress, Alicia enlightened. Her power isn't magic but a divine power. The Empire ordered the audience faster and elected Alicia as the new Saint but Alicia refused it and asked to continue her study. The emperor decided to keep it a secret and announced it on Alicia's fifteen birthday.

After then the news that La Papillonne got attacked by Dilon, the wizard who is obsessed with killing the Saint. The emperor sends investigators including Alicia who plead to be part of the mission.

Children go missing every week. Samantha was worried and requested the audience of the emperor. The few days after they leave La papillonne, Samantha went to the palace to talk about children being kidnapped and asked for protection.

The event was horrible. The La papillone got attacked and half of the children were dead. The only survivor is Beth who has severe trauma. She keeps saying that the other orphans got taken away and cried. She survived because she knows some magic. She learned it secretly after her coming of age. Beth tells them the aftermath of how the children were massacred by the black men and that’s how they started the hunt.

After attacking La papillone, child kidnappings stopped. The only clue they had was Beth's words. She keeps saying Saint and the other children who are taken away. After Dilon, the leader of the cult, plans to assassinate Alicia, they finally get the hint but it becomes harder because Dilon was not telling them anything, even after the tortures.

The emperor got impatient and ordered to execute Dilon but Alicia pleaded because they still don’t know the base where he hid the other children including Elise. After planning, they released Dilon and watched him.

Alicia is anxious for the safety of the mission but she is determined. She will never have betrayed Elise and trust the promise they made before.

Alicia broke into tears. She prays for Elise to wake up.

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 10…

14