Chapter 12- Guard
267 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12- Guard

Elise spent her days resting. The best part of it was eating different kinds of delicious food. The maid named Erika is the one helping her. Elise is technically a commoner that’s why she declined it at first but Alicia stubbornly gave her a maid but Elise insisted that she did not need one unless it’s for delivering food.

Elise is feeling restless now that she stayed in her room doing nothing. It feels like she came back to her routine when she was in her previous world. Elise is not in the mood to read books but rather to leave the estate. She wanted to go outside so much that her feet felt itchy.

According to Alicia, Samantha is in the La papillone because of work. The orphanage is still closed and the survivors are in the palace except for Elise.

"I'm so dumb bored."

Elise check the time. It's still morning. Alicia promised Elise that they were going to tour the capital and visit some stores to eat lunch. Elise decided to sleep so she will gain energy for a later walk.

--

As promised, Alicia went looking for Elise. Erika, the maid, wanted to help Elise with the dress but refused her. Elise wanted comfortable clothes like pants. Erika, who was confused about her pity fashion, could not speak in courage but instead helped Elise to ponytail her long hair.

"Thanks Erika."

"My L-Lady."

"No need to call me that I'm just a commoner and I'm sorry that you’re doing this to a lowly person like me."

"N-No my lady! I-I"

Elise smiles at the maid. She is shy and weak to compliments, maybe that’s the reason why Alicia appointed her to Elise.

Elise is satisfied with her get up. It is not lady-like but Elise needs to wear this outfit because she can't afford dresses and is afraid to impose on Alicia more than necessary. Well, that's her excuse but the reality too.

After a moment Alicia arrived in Elise's room. They went outside of the estate without delay and entered inside the carriage, Elise stopped when she saw someone was already sitting but Alicia encouraged her.

"Oh, Elise, this is the guard I'm telling you about. Mr. Nero"

"Nero this is Elise."

Elise nodded her head and stared at the stranger. He is familiar with Elise and somehow appears in her deep memories. Where the heck did she see him before?

Nero is a man who is two years older than Alicia. He looks like a fox and has very flawless white skin. His eyes are attractive and his brown hair and intense gaze made him look more snobbish. His eyes become a crescent moon after staring at her.

Nero didn't bother to talk after introducing the lady? She wears pants and white long sleeves. Her girly face didn't match her man's outfit. Nero ignores the out of fashion girl. He never intended to stay with Alicia today but he needed to guard her to the capital for potential danger. He was irritated but Alicia told him that she wanted to cheer up the girl.

Elise ignores the irritated look of Nero. She is aware that this guy did not like her. She remembered a celebrity in her previous life while looking at him though. What should I call him then? He looks like a noble. Isn't it presumptuous for a commoner like her to be with this kind of person? Elise sighs in a corner.

They arrived at the capital at exactly lunch. They went to a restaurant where Alicia guided them. Elise did not like beef the most, the greasy meat is making her lose her appetite. She wanted light food and ordered something like chicken soup. Alicia is graceful as always. Before, the orphanage taught them table manners. That's why Elise is strict, the past days of struggling, her memory remember it casually but she is still clumsy because it’s been so long since she ate at the table. They eat silently.

After lunch they went to the shops. Alicia is excited because she likes buying stuff for Elise. They enter an expensive store of dress but Elise didn't like the idea. She said that she does not need it and she would rather buy books than expensive dresses. Alicia is broken hearted but didn't pursue the thought. She just ordered a few dresses and got out of the shop.

Apparently, the store they went to is strange. The book store is bigger inside and feels more like a museum. Is this the central bookstore? Elise can't help herself to be amazed. A spectacular view of endless shelves and magic lights hanging on like a little lamb.

"Wow"

Alicia, just like Elise, is enchanted by the books. she can't help herself to walk through the shelves. She looks at Elise who was also in a daze and smiles. This is typically Elise indeed.

Alicia asked Nero to be with Elise while she will look for a certain book. Elise did not hear Alicia and just nodded her head waving goodbye. Elise thought that she was alone, that's why she decided to run wild.

Elise went to the shelf where magic books are stationed. She needed to read more volume because she was searching for a certain spell. The spell that Dilon cast in the dungeon. It’s her intuition but that spell wasn't ordinary.

"Hmm a commoner can read huh?"

Elise hurriedly looked for the voice. She gets startled when she realizes that Nero is following her instead of Alicia, which caught her off guard. She planned to look and read it stealthy but this guy is getting in her way.

"yes. I learned it at the orphanage."

Elise is flustered but she hides it quickly. This man is dangerous. The cast spell Elise is looking for is an ancient spell. The language is different and only high magicians can read. Elise is not aware that she can understand different languages before but now she wanted to take advantage of it. If you look at it, Elise thought that she was cheating in a game.

"I never thought that the orphanage is highly educated to read ancient spells."

Nero looked at Elise with his crescent doubtful eyes. His eyes become grayer to Elise. wow. He is darn beautiful! Elise is in the hot seat but she can't help but to admire his beauty. Elise is a sucker for beautiful things in the world. Even in her previous life, she was a professional fangirl.

"I only like this for the cover. I didn't really understand the words." Elise lied in the straight face.

"Hmmm,"

Nero ignored Elise's lies and did not comment after. He is positive that the girl is hiding something that's why he let it go. A prey should be carefully observed to learn more of its characteristics. This girl is on his list of surveillance. He decided to keep watching for now.

Books for magicians are not limited. The central bookstore allocated books for its purpose though there are lots of forbidden books but it was stored in the different shelves. Elise is in her confused face. She wanted to see some ancient books but the only thing she could find wasn't helpful. She needed more references, maybe she can talk with Alicia later.

In pretense of deceiving Nero, Elise randomly took a book and decided to look for Alicia. She can't do her task now anyways because of Nero but she can do it if it's Alicia. She hurriedly looked for her. Ignoring Nero who's following her.

Elise found Alicia at the center part of the library. Elise smiled to see her but stopped in the middle. The back of the man standing next to Alicia is familiar. A vivid memory of Elise entering the room and eating cookies flashes to her instantly. Her heartbeat becomes abnormal and her body tremble unconsciously. Elise recalled the smell of blood.

"Duke Molten"

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 12…

 

14