Chapter 14- Misunderstanding
257 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14- Misunderstanding

Elise wanted to talk with Nero alone. It's only four months before Alicia's fifteen birthday. Winter season is coming closer and the same with the bad events of the story. Elise recalled the book of "The Lazy Lucky Princess", Alicia will get kidnapped and Samantha will get poisoned. They're both in danger, though Elise is not certain because the story is already in a wrong direction when Elise was locked up in the dungeon. She can't help but have anxiety.

Timing is off, Alicia is talking with Nero now. They are about to leave to go back to the academy. Elise wanted to talk with Nero this early because she thinks that they are running out of time. She can't predict if Duke Molten will make a move earlier than the said date. She needs to plan it meticulously unlike before that caught her off guard. Elise grips her hand after remembering unpleasant memories.

"Elise, I'm sorry. I need to go back now to the academy. I'm actually forbidden to go out but since Nero is with me the school allowed me."

Alicia is feeling guilty. She wanted to be with Elise as much as possible and talk to her more but she can't impose on Nero because she knows how dangerous it was for her to go outside of the academy.

"Then... Can I visit you instead, how about tomorrow? I want to talk to you about something and to sir Nero too."

Alicia frowns after hearing that Elise wants to talk with Nero too. As much as possible she doesn’t want to get them closer because of Nero's bad temper. She can't promise that Elise will be safe. She had mixed feelings, but Elise's face was so serious that it somehow made her nervous.

Alicia carefully looks at Nero for permission. Nero, who was listening, stared at Elise. He can't figure out what's special about the girl. But she looked determined that her brownish eyes become darker.

"Hmmmm..."

"It’s very important sir Nero and it has something to do with Alicia."

--

Elise is now resting in her room. Erika already gave her dinner, that's why she just rested after taking a bath. She's really thankful with Erika, she assists her mostly that's why she still can get by a day.

Elise recalled the conversation earlier when Nero brutally rejected her. He didn't trust her and there's a scary look in his eyes. Now that she thinks of it, Nero basically keeps calling her 'commoner' not in her name. Elise gritted her teeth. He is capable alright but his attitude sucks! Did he misunderstand something? Did he think I'm a leech taking advantage of Alicia? what a brute!

Elise let go of the frustration. Why is she even assuming ridiculous things? Tomorrow is another day and the story from the book she memorizes is entangled now. She can't find the time for anything. Elise spent her night thinking then suddenly, an idea popped out!

--

It was early morning when Elise woke up. She grooms herself and does not eat because she doesn’t want to bother people this early because she can't cook and the estate is big. The only direction she knew was the entrance and the way to her room. Like usual, Elise ponytails her long brown hair and wears a cap. She wears pants and keeps the bag of money Alicia gave her.

Unlike Elise, she gets out easily. The guards did not mind her not even looking at her. Aren't they so sloppy for the job? Elise made sure to take note of it. She's upset for a moment.

Elise arrived at the capital as soon as the sun set. Last night, she was restless that she remembered something important from the book The Lazy Lucky Princess. There will be a cave of mana near the mountain of Yaven. It is known as a spirit mountain where according to legends, The Yaven Tribe traditional homeland. It was surrounded by river valleys and higher hills. The Yaven Tribe used to live at the mountain to guard the spirits power. Spirit power that can heal poisons and curse by dark magic. Many mercenaries tried to find the power but continued to get lost, which made the summit gather bad rumors.

Elise is confident that she can find the cave but she's not confident in fighting the wilds. She needed a mercenary that can fight in her stead. Then thinking about strong and trustworthy mercenaries... She remembers the leader of Peru Guild- Rj.

Peru Guild is one of the most popular guilds in the empire. They gathered information faster like ghosts and because of the temper of the leader they sometimes went to a fight, which is slightly the reason why they lost their prestige. They were called crazy kings. Elise shakes her head with the author of The Lazy Lucky Princess, ridiculing it. 'Crazy king' was the most uncool thing that she remembered clearly even if she didn't want to.

Rj is hard to understand but he is trustworthy and intelligent. He knows when a person is lying and suspicious, that's why Peru guild is famous among the guilds and also why Elise planned to get him to her side. Originally, the Peru guild will help Alicia in the future but She's in a hurry now that's why there were no differences even if Elise will ask for their help earlier. It’s better to have them to work now, Elise never thinks of any remorse.

Even if the Peru Guild will reject her, she knows their leader's weakness. Elise plans to convince the leader of the Peru Guild by helping him get rid of his weakness. Elise examined the alley and after walking more steps, a small store appeared before her. She smirks and enters the store.

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 14…

12