Lights out
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was left shocked as he continued to walk.
(He doesn't live around here? Maybe he meant just in this street, or no. I don't know)

I don't know where he lives. But in case he lives far away from here, I have no idea why he walked with us. Or maybe it's because Charlie told him to walk with us. I better stop thinking, Aunt Jude must be waiting inside.

When I entered the house, everything was dark I turned on the lights but it won't open, it was getting creepier then I suddenly heard a loud bang upstairs.

*gulps* should I go and check what's upstairs?

I went up stairs while my body shivering from fear.
(What happened here? Am I gonna be ok? What if there's a robber who got in?)
(Oh dear, what time does Aunt Jude go home again?)

I finally reached the last step, then I took a little peek just in case someone was there. When I saw that no one was there, I took my phone and opened my flash light. "It's a good thing my phone's with me-", then my phone suddenly shut down. "What?! low battery? Oh dear, please, not now. I need you here."

It was pure darkness again. I went to check on my room but nothing was there. Everything's right where I left it, then I heard a loud bang again but coming from my aunt's room. I quivered in fear as I walked towards my aunts' room, then I grabbed the doorknob and slowly twisted the knob to open the door. I took a tiny peek and everything was in place. Except her office chair, someone is sitting on it.

"A-aunt Jude...?", I uttered .
She isn't replying. I walked closely and reached my hand on her shoulder
"Aunt Jude?"

*KYAAAAAAAAAAHH*

We both screamed at each other as I gestured my hand threatening to hit her. She then laughed really hard. She laughed like her lungs are going to pop out

AJ: *wheezing* You should've seen your face when I scared you! *continues to laugh really hard*

Aunt Jude's my legal guardian. After my mom died from leukemia, I never met my father. Aunt told me that he ran away when my mom said she was pregnant with me by my father. We never heard of him, nor saw some pictures of him. But I'm already ok with me and aunt Jude together, she takes really good care of me even though she pranks me a lot. I love her so much, she treats my like her own son and I treat her like my mother, and I am happy with that.

F: AUNT JUDE! YOU SCARED ME! What's going on in here, didn't you pay for our electricity bill?
AJ: I did sweetie.
F: Then what happened to the lights?
AJ: I just turned off the breaker to make it look realistic. *giggles*
F: *Sigh* You did so much effort just to almost give me a heart attack.
AJ: But the main reason is.....Who were you with? Charlie never walks home with you unless you're feeling unwell. Could he be..... your boyfriend?!
F: What?! He's not my boyfriend, we only met just this day.
AJ: But you never made friends, except for Charlie of course. I really like that kid, he's a really good influence to you. I mean look at you, you made a new friend. *Grin*
F: Well, it's that I have no choice. Charlie probably asked Ryan if he could walk home with us.
AJ: Ooh, I see, Ryan's his name. But why was he walking the opposite direction when you said goodbye to him?
F: You saw that?
AJ: Oh yes. I was looking at you at the window, that's why I thought maybe I should prank this little kid for not telling me his new boyfriend. *mocking smirk*
F: Aunt Jude, he isn't my boyfriend. He said he doesn't live around here.
AJ: Oh really? Where does he live then? 
F: I don't really know. I gotta tell this to Charlie, he probably didn't know and Ryan couldn't decline because he just wants a friend. I don't wanna act harsh on him.
AJ: Aww this is really adorable, my sweet nephew's making a new friend.

She then wrapped her arms around me

F: Aunt Jude, I'm not a kid anymore.
AJ: I just missed feeling this, you always loved this. Anyway, I gotta go and prepare our dinner. I'll call you when dinner's ready alright?
F: Ok then, Aunt Jude
AJ: Oh, and by the way, I bought you your favorite chocolate.
F: Toblerone?! Yaaay! Thanks Aunt Jude, you're the best.
AJ: Silly, that's nothing *Closes the door*

I charged my phone afterwards. I waited for a bit then opened my phone to leave Charlie a message about Ryan not living around here.

(on the phone)
F: Hey, Charlie?
C: Sup, Fel!
F: Well, uh, why did you ask Ryan to come walk with us?
C: Oh, no. He's actually the one who told me that he wants to walk home with us.
F: Wait, he- what?

1