Sudden News
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

it was 10 years ago when my mom passed away, it's funny because it seems like it's only been a year. Back then we were happy with aunt Jude, just the three of us living together was perfect. Although I was more close to aunt Jude since mom has to work for us, which leads to me being left with aunt Jude, though it wasn't a problem since aunt Jude likes playing with me, I never had childhood friends but I think aunt Jude is kinda like my childhood friend.

One day months before mom passed away while I was playing in my room with aunt Jude, someone called in our telephone,

(on the phone)

"Hello, Maxwell residence how may I help you? oh it's just you, Felix? he's right here with me. Oh no, no not yet we haven't eaten yet"

I could hear my aunt Jude talking to someone, she must be talking to mom. I went down stairs to check on aunt Jude and also to say hi to mom. I stepped outside my room and slowly went downstairs, when I finally reached the last platform I froze and got confused, is aunt Jude crying?

"Annie please go home we have to talk about this, have you tried reaching out on Fred? right that useless bastard! please go home Annie and stay safe *sniffs* ok, alright bye" 

She ended the call wiping her tears and slowly turned around, She got a bit surprised when she saw me standing on the staircase.

"Oh sweetie! what are you doing down here? aren't we playing trains you cheeky little kid escaping from the bandit"

she wasn't making sense, we were actually playing super heroes. I could see her tears slowly falling down from her eyes, she kept wiping them as she walk towards me.

AJ: Why don't you go play by yourself first sweetie, I gotta cook us lunch

F: Why are you crying Aunt Jude?

AJ: what?! who's crying, don't you know how strong I am? I told you that I am a vampire slayer at night I cry from nothing *chuckles*

F: is mom ok?

AJ: sweetie of course she is, after all your mom is my trusty sidekick, now go back upstairs alright? I'll be cooking mac and cheese

F: YAY! my favorite, thanks aunt Jude

I went upstairs but I was still thinking about what happened, aunt Jude never cries, this is the first time I ever saw her cry it's a bit weird to see her like that but she still put up a bright smile, I wish I was strong like aunt Jude, did mom say something to hurt aunt Jude's feelings? hmm they seem close so maybe it's not that. 

at exact 5pm mom got home, I ran towards her to greet her and give her a warm hug, but I could see that she was also crying, she gave me a warm hug, she was silent and I don't know what's going on 

F: Are you alright mom?

A: of course sweetie *grabs something on her purse* I got you your favorite chocolate

F: Toblerone!

I jumped out of happiness and quickly for got about the situation but I could still feel the sad aura in our house, why is it so dull and sad although I could see my mom smiling when she saw me getting excited about my chocolate.

my aunt stepped out of the kitchen, she was stiff I don't know why but she seemed nervous, it made me a bit scared seeing aunt Jude acting weird.

AJ: Felix, sweetie will you go upstairs first, mom will tuck you in later, we'll be uhh... Talking about the plan on hunting vampires this night *smiles*

I kept silent and headed upstairs. I slowly closed the door and laid down and tucked my self in bed. I eventually got bored and tiptoed slowly towards the door I slowly opened it to hear a bit of their conversation

AJ: how long did you have this sick of yours

A: I don't know but the doctor said it was for about 7 months, I didn't know, I ignored the symptoms because I though it would pass overtime

AJ: but it didn't instead it got worse

A: I'm sorry I'm giving you problems again Jude

AJ: it's alright Annie, this if because of your motherf*cking ex, that bastard's gotta pay.

A: please don't bring him up here

AJ: what do you mean?! that b*tch ruined your life, first he gave you this child at a young age and now this?! he doesn;t even visit your son! and uou're still defending that bastard?!

I was surprised and scared at the same time, I've never heard aunt Jude say those words, to be honest I've never seen her this mad.

A: Jude calm down, I'm sorry, but I think I could contact him, I saw his old friend and said that he has a number of Fred, though they don't talk anymore, but it wouldn't hurt to try?

AJ: I could never forgive him on what he did, but your life is depending on this, so alright, when are you planning to give him a call.

A: I could give him  a call now.

I heard footsteps, I think they're heading to the telephone, are they gonna call dad? I wanna talk to him too.

AJ: is he picking up?

A: not yet

AJ: this is already the third time this is hopeless

A: calm down Jude he'll pick up he's just busy

after several minutes mom and aunt Jude gave up

AJ: you know what, let's call on another day, I'm trying to find a job for us to earn money, let's eat dinner first.

they headed to the dining room to eat, they wouldn't be able to see me going to the phone. I sneaked downstairs and headed quietly to the phone. I saw the paper where the number is, I dialed the number on the phone and waited for someone to answer the phone.

A: what's this job you're about to apply in?

AJ: it's a-   oh dear! Felix! he hasn't eaten yet I gotta tell him to go downstairs, I hope he isn't asleep yet

I was still on the phone I dialed it one last time and waited for a bit

 (UP stands for Unknown Person)

UP: hello? who is this how did you get my number?

F: H-hello? dad?

UP: Dad?

then I heard foot steps coming from the dining room, it must be mom or aunt Jude

AJ: Felix?! what are you doing?

F: I'm talking to dad right now aunt Jude.

 

1