Chapter 2 – The long world introduction
13.3k 43 237
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What danger is she in and how could me going there help her?" I wasn't unwilling to help this friend of several lifetimes but I wasn't going to go on a suicide mission.

"There is no need to worry about your life. The world you are going to is in fact in the process of being tainted. Tainted is well... to put it simply, all things in the world have opposites: hot and cold, joy and sorrow, yin and yang. The same is for creation and nihility which is the world and the Taint in this case." Cassandra took a sip of the tea in front of her as she paused her explanation for a moment.

I found it odd how she seemed to be urging me with her gaze while sipping her tea. It was for such a short instant I wasn't sure if I was imagining it, but I remembered how my goddess friend was punished for helping me, was she trying to make me realise something she would be punished for?

I hesitatingly lifted the tea cup before me and put it to my lips while looking for any signs from her.

I immediately noticed an exaggerated expression of satisfaction after she finished drinking and her eye flickered in my direction so quickly it looked unintentional. I had already realised she wanted me to drink the tea while making sure not to be obvious about it.

I sipped the tea while waiting for her to continue, I felt the tea release a steady stream of warmth in my body that buried itself into my bones. flesh and blood. I had no idea how this would benefit me but I decided to trust this woman in hopes that I would survive in my new life.

"Just as us deities want the world to prosper with life and death there are existences that want to end that cycle, hoping that God would show himself. It involves complex ideologies and philosophies but ultimately there are entire worlds out there that are trying to taint and devour worlds from the inside out." A look of embarrassment and frustration appeared, don't ask how I know despite her lack of clear features, I just do.

"Deities do not dare intervene because, if we step up, then so would the opponent. This is embarrassing to admit but we are not powerful enough to be their equals. We are not so weak that we are helpless against them, but the only real reason they have not overwhelmed us would be that we have the majority of worlds under our control."

I kept sipping the tea as regularly as I could since it would refill after I put the cup down. I felt the warmth constantly seeping into my body and I looked forward to how it would help me. Adding how damn fine her thighs are I really wish this explanation doesn't end soon, I'm a native of thighland and thigh-topia is my heaven. Amen.

"Lots of unexpected circumstances came together to make a certain world into the focal point in this never-ending war. This world was doing well as the Taint would manifest itself as 'bloodlust' when it tainted living creatures in this world. Since they would have many chaos creatures and taints to battle almost endlessly there was a good way to channel their taints until they could be cured."

She paused for a moment and looked up, uncrossing and crossing her shapely thighs, much to my enjoyment. She then said, "To clarify, all taints need to go through a curing process. This depends on the Taint they have, such as 'bloodlust'. They are required to channel and expel that bloodlust through battle."

"Curing taints is a troublesome process since that requires a deity's blessing, we also benefit from it so we have no reason to slack off, but each deity can only have one blessed to share their blessing amongst mortals. Most deities have a blessed and the majority are in the worlds of their birth, because of this, they can't help improve this world that has become the focal point of the war. My blessed had died of old age not too long ago, I can now choose another and I want that to be you in the new world. The most important world of this era and whose future could be influenced by you."

Cassandra looked at me while waiting for my reply, the infinite world of white around me just made her otherworldly presence stand out more.

This sounded like a huge responsibility that I wasn't sure I could handle, do I need to travel the world and remove people's bloodlust in some way while saving my friend? Is she tainted too or is she battling something dangerous? There is too much I didn't understand.

"Oh, I almost forgot to mention why a new blessed is so badly needed. You see, the nihility decided to pay a heavy price to add a new manifestation of the Taint to this world; lust. This has many restrictions in the world but it has disrupted the balance in the enemy's favour. This Taint can only be used on women who had their first period, who have not had more than 3 children and must still be fertile."

Cassandra tapped her bare foot on the ground, upset over the situation she was describing to me. "In a sense, the first and third requirements are the same so it was smart of them to reduce the price they had to pay by adding those requirements. The blessed who are currently there have the ability to remove the bloodlust manifestation only. A new Blessed with a new blessing is needed for this and you will be the first sent."

This is way more info than I expected in one go but I can see why I'm needed there and why a deity was punished by being sent there as a mortal. This world is just that important for some reason.

"I'm starting to see the bigger picture here but what's in it for me? I'm willing to help but being put on what is essentially a dying world and expecting me to change that better come with perks." I'm even considering being a woman for fucks sake.

With a giggle, she said, "There are two major perks: Memory and blessing. Worlds that have deities directly interfering so openly follow what is known as a 'gaming system' in your world. With the whole levels, skills and the RPG system. You can keep all your current memories and choose how your blessing will manifest, a type of unique skill. I might not be a weak deity but I'm hardly a heavyweight. I'm sorry if my blessing isn't as efficient in cleansing."

She was using all her ability to help me and even bending some rules like with the tea so I wasn't upset at all. The rest would be up to me and how I would use this blessing. "Don't worry about it... I can choose any form for my blessing right?"

Cassandra seemed to sense the oddity in my voice when I asked this, she looked a little cautious but nodded in confirmation.

My brothers from another mother, my dear comrades in arms, oh great men of culture, your pearls of wisdom shine gloriously at this moment!

"Then if I have to be a woman please make my blessing take the shape of a penis for a reproductive organ that can be used to cure the Taint. Let's say my semen can remove the Taint and have my blessing centre around it." Thank god I can keep my manhood in another world. To think I would become a futanari... sounds like some good shit is waiting for me hahahaha!

237