Chapter 7 – Take the new equipment on a test-drive
9.8k 17 186
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the end of the short corridor, I found an old, rotten ladder leading to what looked like a dead end. I was sure that some hidden mechanism was around to open the burial chamber.

I searched around to try and find something that stood out on the walls, but I just couldn't find anything. I looked up at where the ladder was supposed to lead, it was clear there was an exit based on the indentation on the roof.

The ladder was completely hopeless so I returned to the room to try and find something I can use. There were many interesting trinkets that looked like they had hidden abilities, which is why I avoided taking them. Who knew if I would be robbed for a fancy weapon or hunted for having the sword of the demon king?

After some consideration, I still felt it was important to have a weapon of some kind, plus I always had a weapon I fantasised about learning: The spear!

Not only is it versatile and cool, but I also saw my teacher beat a robber with a makeshift one in my past life and I fell in love with it ever since. And if I can plant it into the ground, I can try climbing it to the top. And so, after giving myself 101 excu- *ahem* reasons for taking it I moved over to the weapon rack and pick a long spear that was about 1.9 to 2 meters long.

It was far too large for me, but I was too far into my hopes and dreams of wielding an unparalleled spear against both monsters and women, heh. What happened next caught me by surprise; the spear started to throb like it had a heartbeat in my hand. The light purple skin on my hand was dyed gold and green from the spear which was throbbing at an increasingly faster rate.

I was starting to regret picking it up because it was this exact scenario that I wanted to avoid. This body of mine has no injuries and was still buried, even considering that the body may have been healed, there was also the fact that such a person was dead so young despite being so powerful. Who the hell knew if these things were put by friends or enemies?

I took a deep breath and shook my head; I knew I was overthinking things and that this was probably a good thing, but it's no surprise that I would be a little cautious of everything after just coming to life. I thought I was fine with the whole ordeal, but it looks like the mental stress is showing itself in unexpected ways.

By the time my thoughts had been sorted the other weapons had also started vibrating, the entire wall on the left when facing the sarcophagus with the tunnel to my back was filled with weapons. Swords to hammers to gauntlets to needles, they were all vibrating one beat off from the spear in my hand.

Suddenly, a bright flash of gold and green light appeared, forcing my eyes closed and making me turn my head away to protect my sight.
When I opened them again my hands were significantly lighter and instead there was a ball of what looked like dark gold and greenish mercury. It looked like a miniature model of the sun with how the metallic liquid flowed and flared out at random times.

My status screen suddenly opened; it was mostly the same without many differences, but I noticed one more thing had been added:

Talent(s):

-Blessed Manhood(Ex)[Lvl.1 (0%)] -Dreamscape(D)[Lvl.1 (0%)]

-Drain Essence(F)[Lvl.1(0%)] -Succubus Claws(F)[Lvl.1(0%)]

-Create Web(F)[Lvl.1(0%)] -Devilish Charm(F) -Chitin Carapace(F)[Lvl.1(0%)]

-Gaia's Correction(C) -Sylph's Kin(D) -Forest's Tongue(F)[Lvl.1(0%)]

-Plant Manipulation(F)[Lvl.1(0%)]

Skill(s): N/A
Equipment: NEW: World Tree's Key Of Life[F(-10)][Stage1(0%)]
Other: -Cassandra's Mission Board(Ex)

If the world tree is involved then I'm guessing this thing is connected to the elven part of my heritage. The thing that stands out the most for me is the -10 next to the item's grade, just how high is the grade 10 places higher than an F? Is it perhaps an Ex item at its peak too?

[World Tree's Key has identified Lilith Artemis as the Gatekeeper Of The World Tree

Conditions:

1. Level 0 Passed

2. Elf Bloodline Passed

3. Untainted Soul Passed

4. Sin Of Pride Passed

5. Sin Of Greed Passed

6. Title: Nature's Child Passed

All conditions have been passed, Artemis Lilith is a worthy candidate as gatekeeper.

As the Gatekeeper chose the spear, the first form accessible will be the spear.

Adjustments being made...]

 

[Universal System announcement to all elven descendants:

The World Tree's Gatekeeper has been chosen, their journey has begun.]

"Uhhh… my webnovel senses are tingling that this is definitely going to change everything for me when I leave this place." Before my little soliloquy could continue, the blob on liquid metal changed shape. It flowed like water; a beautiful display, taking the shape of a spear yet again. Only it looked to be around 6 feet long unlike before, it was around 170 to 180 cm now.

The weight was still a little too heavy, but it was swingable now, the shaft was also easier to hold with it being a perfect fit for my now much smaller hands. I marvelled at the beautiful spear that was a mixture of the greenish-brown shaft that felt like wood, a golden nob on the bottom end with a mixture of vibrant green and dark gold spearhead on top.

The gold gave it a majestic and luxuriant feel while the green reminded one of forests and vitality, a clear indicator of its relation to the world tree. It looked like a shaft carved from a high-grade tree with a greenish tint, veins of azure like the highest quality azurite running through it.

The spearhead was attached by golden leaves with specks of green gems. The spearhead was similar to a partizan spear, with the shape resembling leaves and sharp thorns wrapped around the side of the leaf blade.

It was a masterpiece and I instantly fell in love with it, "There's no way in hell I can take this with me when I leave damn it!!!"

Having such a perfect weapon but not being able to use it...

 

186