Chapter 32: Quiet Evening
197 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kouji felt nervous about doing this. The obvious reason being that he was actually about to spend an evening alone with Isako with romantic overtones. The second being that he had some doubts about the location he chose. It seemed a good idea at the time, but was it really okay to be doing this at her home all alone?

The girls allowed it when he asked, and he was grateful they had become a bit more supportive of the idea. Though perhaps some of them might’ve thought this could also be the catalyst of him actually rejecting the woman instead. Indeed, he did know that was a possibility. There was no reason to have someone in the harem that he didn’t love, that would not make any logical sense. So tonight was going to be the deciding factor in that.

“Ooh, I can’t say I’ve been able to do this lately.” Isako said as they entered her home. This was the first time he ever stepped foot in here and it absolutely floored him to see how excellent it was. Now, there was no surprise for him to know that she was well off. Being the head of an academy where wealthy people sent their daughters had that perk. It was just that he didn’t imagine her to be living in a place like this when it was only her.

“Your house is really nice.” He complimented her living standards. “Everything’s so clean, how do you find the time to keep it up?” The area was large, so it seemed that there might be challenges for one on their own.

“I supposed when all you have going for you is work. One finds a way to keep themselves occupied.” She answered.

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to-”

“It was just a joke at my expense.” She laughed at his attempts to try and downplay the depressing situation. “Now, come on over and relax.” She sat herself down on the floor between her coffee table and couch. It was clear she wanted him to cuddle on next to her as they put something on the television like a variety show or movie.

“Okay.” He did what was expected of him. Though the boy felt the muscle in his body tense up as her arms wrapped around him. It felt as though he was cheating on the other girls, even if they were both aware and fine with this situation. Though that wasn’t the main issue, that problem laid with him being concerned he was putting up a wall and not giving her a proper chance. This was supposed to be the time for him to make his own decisions.

“You know, you haven’t asked me any questions about myself.” She spoke up as a commercial break came on. “How can you fall for me if you don’t know a thing about me?”

“That’s a good point.” He responded. It wasn’t something that had popped into his mind yet, but was important to do. “It’s just that I see you all the time in school, what else is there for me to know?” Even as he said it, the boy was aware that it wasn’t entirely true. Even right now, he was seeing her so casual and laid back. It wasn’t how he was used to her being the headmistress. Her profession made it seem hard to relax a bit.

Then again, he did see that lack of concern from her even during school. The whole reason for him being there, she took a risk none would consider doing. And she did so with a smile on her face. How can someone live life that way with everything surrounding them?

“I hope you don’t mind me getting a bit closer.” She responded by inching towards him, their cheeks touching as she gave him a warm embrace. “Well, I’ll have you know I enjoy nights like these.” As lonely as it might sound, Isako did like having the place to herself. It was perhaps the primary reason why she never seemed about to breakdown from the idea of approaching a high age still single. “It’s like that morning when I told you about enjoying when the sun rises.”

“I guess it’s because I’m still young, so I try to hurry through everything, right?”

“True, but that’s probably better than me just letting things pass on by.” Well, she was where she was for a reason. “But I really don’t want to let you pass me by, just because of circumstance.” He was different for her. Compared to the men she had met in the past, he had the character she wanted from a romantic interest.

“I understand.” He smiled a bit as he stared down on the floor in slight embarrassment. There was something he enjoyed about her company. She was usually the one there to help him out, and rarely gave him any trouble, unlike with the other girls in the harem. At least, if one didn’t count the part where she put him in this situation in the first place. As well as the fact that she was the reason why he’s the only boy in an otherwise all-girl school. Those two things were quite stressful.

There was another thing he was coming to realize as he sat with her on the floor. “You know, it’s nice to be here right now.” As had been repeated often, every time he had been with the girls. Kouji could expect that things would always go awry because of their involvement with him. Yet as she had told him to appreciate the little things, he was able to enjoy the subtly and quiet time here alone with her.

“I guess that’s what you get with someone’s who’s finished growing up.” She bragged, but it might appear a bit pitiful coming from someone who’s trying to date a teen. “Not to hate on the other girls, I think they’ll grow up to be quite refined young ladies.” It was her job to mold them into that. So if they didn’t she’d consider it to be a failure on her part. “But they still have some ways to go.”

“And right now, I guess I still have a long way to go to be the man you all need me to be.” For the first time, he made a move towards Isako, rather than the other way around. The boy wrapped his arms over the back of her neck as they looked into each other’s eyes. “And I hope you can be patient until I get there.”

“I will.” She replied. “And I’ll be there to help guide you the way there.” Then, the pair engaged into a soft and tender kiss.

10