[Arc 0] Chapter 11 – Names
4k 66 139
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey, my lovely readers~ 3,4k words for you today.

 

In this chapter, we'll have the first real encounter between our MC and her Teade. Keep your fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong. 

 

I really really hope you will enjoy this! Have fun ^.^

 

When I regained my consciousness, the feeling of dizziness was still present. I slowly opened my eyes and tried to orientate myself, till I noticed a womanly face above me. Her mouth began to form words with the same alluring voice I'd heard before. 

"Good morning, my dear Teade," she said and cupped my cheek. Her hand emitted a comfortably cold aura and yet somehow gave me the warmth of tender love.

I tried to concentrate, but my mind slowly slipped away again. 

"It's ok," my savior said. "You still must be exhausted after all these events that happened, but don't worry, you're safe now. So it's ok for you to sleep a bit longer."

I wanted to protest but couldn't. The tiredness embraced me again, but this time I felt no impending dread because she was here with me. Everything would be fine.

-------

The gentle rays of light from the sun woke me up again. I didn't know how long exactly I've slept, but I could tell from the position of the sun that it was already midday. Only now I'd noticed the room I was in. Never before had I seen such luxury.

The frame of the bed I was lying on was made out of weird dark brown wood. The pillow and the blanket were so comfy that I thought they were made out of fluffy clouds. Overall, it reminded me of one of those big beds in the stories my mum told me about in which haughty princesses slept all day long. To be in one of these beds was a dream come true. Still, the rest of the room was more impressive. 

I pinched myself in the arm to ensure I wasn't dead yet or in a fever dream. To my surprise, nothing happened—this really was reality. Curiosity took over me, and I jumped out of the soft heaven onto the stony floor that was unexpectedly pleasant to walk on because it had—not like most stone grounds—a gentle temperature to walk barefoot.

The room itself was too big for my taste and had, for whatever reason, a gigantic make-up table, including a mirror decorated with countless needlessly large gems. Who the fuck needed something like this. And I didn't even mention this freaking closet with half-opened doors, which showed me that its interior was filled to the brim with fancy, all frilly and girly dresses. I absolutely hated this clothing style because it looked way too stiff and difficult to move around. I mean, yes, standard dresses were ok too but not this stuff. Why was this even in this room? It couldn't be for me, or? Nah, this would be ridiculous.

Pffft, I mean, just the image of me in one of these made me chuckle. I don't know why but I really believed that they wouldn't fit me at all. For me, they look more like portable cages, dictating every move, dictating what one could do and what not. No, this wouldn't be me. I craved freedom; I wanted to wear clothing that ensured that no matter where I went, it wouldn't hinder me in any way. A future where I needed to dress up for fancy balls or anything like this wasn't mine. Yes, since I met my new Mistress, I had a new dream—to fight the injustice, to fight the people who caused my mother's death. I didn't know why I felt that way, but something I can not grasp yet changed after I'd met her hours ago.

Somebody changed my revealing auction clothes, during my sleep, into a rather long black nightgown—luckily, it didn't seem to be too extravagant. My attention turned to the mirror, and I immediately inspected myself. The collar got removed. A silly smile spread over my face, and I prayed to the goddess that this really really wasn't just a dream. I wouldn't be able to bear it if all this wasn't real after all. I couldn't muster the courage to inspect what's on the other side of the window because of this thought. So I walked to the door instead. Moments before my hands hovered over the doorknob, I heard voices.

"Why is she still asleep at this time of the day?" a woman complaint.

"Why would you ask me? She's a lowly beast-kin; they don't make any sense at all," another woman—now titled bitch—answered.

"Shhh, are you insane? Have you forgotten what our new Lady said?"

"Um, yeah, sorry. My thoughts were with all the things that Josh did with me this morning before she arrived. I'm still kinda groggy. I nearly climaxed, you know, before the head maid stormed in. So don't expect me to be all too friendly with anyone now. Especially not with beasts. I mean, c'mon, have you seen the other two which came an hour later. They totally look like cheap whores. Honestly, our new Lady has some peculiar tastes."

"You know, maybe she's one of those ladies that like other women."

"Ohh, that sounds rather wild, doesn't it?" the bitch snickered.

"Yeah. Still, we shouldn't put our noses into matters that don't concern us. This will only make our lives difficult. Don't forget what Bernardo told us."

"About the stuff, how dangerous she's supposed to be? What did he say again?"

"Didn't he explain something about an old Jaeger family and how she's the last remaining heir and uses a unique kind of original magic? Don't you think it's kinda scary that a young lady like her can cast magic like that?"

"Yeah. It's somehow sad that somebody so beautiful has such an icy aura. I mean, the first thing she instructed us to do was to bring that beast into the bedroom, change it into comfortable clothes and let it sleep. After this, she commanded the head maid to show her the office."

"I feel pity for her. By the way, do you think that the thing will be awake soon? Otherwise, we could just go the kitchen and grab us a fast snack."

"Umm, dunno. What happens if she leaves the room when we're not here? I really don't want to anger our new Mistress."

"Come on, don't worry. She looked rather young and is probably a bit naive, so I don't think she will punish us too hard just because we left our post. I know girls like her. Even if she looks scary, she'd never really hurt a servant or kill someone. She's probably more bark than bite."

"Ok, you might be right. But we should hurry anyway, no need to tempt fate," agreed the bitch in the end.

The other person just made a humming sound, and shortly after, I heard how they moved away from the door. Their footsteps became quieter and quieter.

I waited a few more seconds to be certain that nobody would be in the near vicinity. Then I rushed out of the room, following the sweet scent I knew belonged to the beautiful woman. 

I blanked out everything around me. The only thing in my mind was the thought of finally meeting her. I thirsted to learn about why she knew me and if I were really somewhat free now. Weirdly enough, serving her didn't sound too bad either. Had the collar somehow altered my mind so that I really wanted to belong to someone, or was it something totally different? 

After a while of running around, I stopped before a big important-looking door. The scent was unbearable now. A feeling told me she already knew that I was here. Following the customs, I knocked against the door. 

"You may enter," came the reply, with an amused voice. 

I felt how my body got heated up, and my heart began to beat faster and faster. 

Finally.

 


 

I had to stifle my laughter. I'd been here less than half a day, and the servants already thought they can ignore my orders. Did I test them? Of course, it was. Would I make a big show of their punishment later? Oh hell yes! I could hear the two maids in the kitchen already spreading some rumors about my preferences. It reminded me somehow of old times. So much chatter, but unable to perform a simple task. Just because I wasn't around didn't mean I was clueless bout what was going on in the mansion. 

The other thing that surprised me was that my sweet Teade knew right away where I was. It's kinda amusing how she ignored absolutely everything to come straight to me. Absolutely charming.

When she knocked, I could barely hide it—if I even managed it at all. 

"You may enter!"

Slowly the door opened, and the young vixen strode in on shaky feet. There was hardly anything left of her previous élan. My goddess, I just wanted to eat her up. After she entered, she slowly closed the door. Her ears and tail were laid down, showing hesitation as if she didn't know what to do next. 

"Sit down; I don't bite. At least not yet," I said with a cheeky smirk. 

The Teade looked unsure at that comment but sat down nonetheless on one of the chairs in front of my desk. She tried to look at me with confidence, but the fiddling with her thumbs revealed how insecure she really was. This and the fact how much she was fidgeting.

"Don't worry, cutie. I have no intention to harm or cage you up again or make you into a lowly servant—you're way too special for that. But all of this stuff lies in the future. The first thing you need to do is regain your strength. I will give you all the freedom you want under the condition of serving me as my sword and shield. Do you understand what I expect from you?" 

Her demeanor got more confident and calm during my little speech as if I had said something she wanted to hear. Her fluffy tail wagged slightly back and forth—it was hypnotizing. 

"Y-Yes, I understand. Um... Mistress? Do you mind if I ask you something?"

"No, no, go ahead."

"Why do you look so different than in the auction hall? N-Not that I want to say you're now ugly or something like that. I-I mean, your raven hair is magnificent. And your bust is really...oh my goddess, what am I saying?! I'm so sorry!" she jumped up and bowed forward, slamming her forehead onto the tabletop with full force.

"Oww!" she wailed, patting the now red spot on her face. 

"I only—" she began the following sentence but bit her tongue

A whimper came out of her mouth.

Asgfh. How the hell could she be so freaking cute? And THIS adorable creature was entirely mine! Ahh, I want to hug and cuddle her all day long. OK, ok, stop. Composure. Composure. You still need to restrain yourself. I can't scare her. Yet.

"Are you...alright?"

She nodded, flashed a shy smile, and slowly sat down again. "I-I think so. I am deeply sorry for my poor behavior, my Lady. I don't know wh—"

I raised my hand and interrupted her. "Don't be sorry about it; it can happen to anyone!"

"R-really? Has something like that ever happened to you?"

I considered for a moment, "Never."

Her look only turned more ashamed in response. Oops. "A-as I said, it's alright," I uttered and tried to comfort her with a smile.

However, it didn't seem to calm her down, so I stood up, walked around the desk, and started patting her head. Ahh, so soft.

After a few seconds, she began to make a noise that was something like a mixture of a purr and a growl. I don't know why, but it was incredibly arousing.

"Better?" 

"Yes."

Startled by the feeling rising in me—which I did not recognize—I let go of her. What was so special about her than the other Teade I had created to make me so attracted to her? What change had they undergone during my seclusion? Fortunately, I could go to the library later and research. But in any case, I already knew that I absolutely had to be careful with her and that as soon as the chance arose, the seals needed to be strengthened again. I immediately heard protest at this thought.

No

NOO

Don't do it.

Free us.

FrEe Us.

Do it.

DO IT.

Do It!

Free...YOURSELF. 

Free...the darkness. 

That's not gonna happen, so hush you stupid echoes of beings, that were supposed to be-

"My Lady. Are you ok?"

Back into reality, I noticed the Teade looking at me with concerned eyes. Argh, way too dangerous. I turned away, trying to break free of her charm. Greed told me to embrace her again—those stupid effects. As I sat back in my seat, I began to answer her question posed at the beginning.   

I pointed at my necklace," This little piece of jewelry here makes other people perceive me as human. Is kind of a safety measure that people won't find and bother me after what I did at the auction house. I should look like a normal sixteen-year-old girl now. Totally harmless!"

For some reason, she looked at me skeptically but said nothing. Odd. 

"May I ask some more questions?" she finally inquired, to which I just nodded. 

"How do you know what I am? Is that why you saved me? Am I really allowed to do whatever I want as long as I come back? And um, could you tell me what you are? You feel familiar yet somehow different. At first, I thought you were like my mother and me—a Teade—but your aura...your scent, is just nobler, much purer. Ever since I saw you in the hall, something in me has changed. At first, I thought it was the after-effects of the collar, but it just feels different. It scares me that my character suddenly changes like that, and I can't seem to do anything about it."

Wow, those were a lot of questions at once. But especially the last one worried me because I felt it too. Moreover, I could see the changes that were already taking place in her soul. No bad ones, mind you, it just became more alive and brighter—the complete opposite of mine. 

"Okay, I'll answer your questions if you promise never to speak a word about this to anyone without my permission, ya understand?"

"Absolutely!" she literally shouted out and then happily swayed back and forth in her chair—what a bundle of childlike energy and curiosity. It saddened me that she was mostly unable to live a normal life because of these obnoxious humans. I wondered how much she must have suffered all those years in her captivity. 

"All right," I began. Your agreement was sincere—at least, I couldn't see any guile in her soul. "To break the ice: I designed you, or rather, all the Teaden. I am your creator."

Her eyes went wide, and her jaw dropped. She was about to say something, but I raised my hand again. "You can ask more questions at the end."

She pouted. Oh, Mother of Void, give me strength. I cleared my throat. "Now, where was I? Ahh, yes. The reason I saved you was because you felt worthy enough to serve me. The fact that you belonged to a race I created played a big part in that, of course. It was also something like instinct and the fact that you are not just a normal Teade, but also of royal lineage. Besides, I hate humans, and never ever will someone as lowly as them get their hands on one of my greatest creations as long as I live. I don't understand how this happened anyway. But we can sort that out another time.

"The question of why I feel so familiar is also because the Teaden were created out of elements of me. You recognize me as well as I recognize you. Unless you make an effort not to be known, but when you are in my immediate environment, nothing should actually hide your scent from me."

I wanted to continue talking; however, this time, she blared in between with big round eyes, "Are you a goddess?" 

If I didn't have had a soft spot for her for some reason, she would be groveling on the floor right now for that impertinence. 

"No. And you never call me that again. The construct of what others and I see as gods just differs too much for it to be a compliment to me. Although, I'll tell you what I am—a Neade. What that race is, I won't tell you, but I am old, very old. And whether there are more of me in this world? No. I am the only one who ever existed, at least in this reality. Just let's not go further into detail," I explained to her and jumped straight to the next question.

"My only condition is that you serve me—as sword and shield. You have to fulfill your duties and obey my orders, of course, but within that framework, you're free to do whatever you want. How you do things, in the end, is also up to you. Learn magic, archery, swordsmanship, or whatever else comes to mind and is fun for you. And lemme get this clear: if you turn out reliable, you will become my right-hand woman in our new upcoming organization. So train and learn hard."

She tried to suppress a silly chortling laugh. She beamed so brightly that I somehow became afraid of turning into dust. The fact that she didn't was even more impressive. Moreover, she seemed to be in some kind of trance.

*Cough* *Cough*, "Let's move on to the last question, which I'm afraid I have to answer with the fact that I can't really tell you. I suspect that my closeness to you and the fact that I am the creator of the Teaden gives a sense of security and reduces the distress your soul has endured all these years and tries to repair it. Those are the effects that I can observe. You are not being manipulated or anything, but instead becoming the person, you should have been if you had developed normally—at least towards me. How you behave towards others, I can't tell you.

"But now I have a question. What's your name?"

 My question brought her back from the little sunshine world she was in. "N-Nyriel, my Mistress, Nyriel Rosenthal."

I smiled. Finally, a name. "Pleased to meet you, Nyriel, and I hope you live up to my expectations."

"N-No, it's my pleasure, Mistress. Could I possibly ask one more question after all?"

"Yes?"

"May I know your name," she asked innocently. 

For a brief moment, I didn't know what to say. As with Tulsi and Deidre, my name just didn't come to mind. 

I shook my head. "I do not possess a name," I said tonelessly. 

Completely unexpectedly, Nyriel jumped up, "May I call you Maera?"

"Huh? How did you come up with it now?" I asked, completely flabbergasted. I had expected anything but that. 

Suddenly, Nyriel's expression darkened. Then she whispered softly. "My other mother, whom I never saw, was called this. Mama told me she was dragged off. I-I-"

I intervened before she completely burst into tears. "You may call me that. However, I would like to clarify one thing. I am not your mother and never will be. Do you understand me?"

The only response was a small whimper of approval. Gosh. This is why I hated emotions. They turned you even more unpredictable. Well, whatevs. It will not hurt me to humor her. 

"You must be hungry," I eventually said. "Go find the head maid and tell her to bring you something to eat. If she refuses, tell her I know exactly who else is sleeping with Josh. Understood?"

This time she nodded. Then she got up and walked out the door. Some would say that what I just did was heartless, but that's who I am. I absolutely must overcome the side effects of the seals. Emotions were—after all—still a weakness. The feeling I got around Nyriel was too dangerous for me...I already loved the name she gave me. 

I rose up and made my way to the library. It was time to find answers and a way to get into the System. 

A diabolical grin widened on my face. I could hardly wait to get in the way of the gods. 

 

Thanks for reading!

 

I think you really should give a heart for our poor Nyriel...or in the hope that Maera won't be so heartless anymore.

 

The next chapter will take a while because I still need to research a ton of stuff, It will be a really large one too. Be excited about magic, magic technology, families, knowledge, and and and.

 

Chapter 12 Title:

Spoiler

Library and Wraith

[collapse]

 

PS: Don't forget to vote at the poll at the end of Chapter 10.

 

139