Chapter 13-4: Taking a Bite
2.2k 1 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
If you know someone else who might enjoy this story, please share it with them :-)

Copyright © 2020 Kaizer Wolf

 

Innocent Devil's Harem | Chapter 13-4: Taking a Bite

I grimaced at her offer for me to bite her and drink her blood, wanting to pull away, but desperately needing her touch right now. If nothing else, I really needed her touch. I felt so cold and miserable as it was, and she was warm, her physical presence comforting, as if she was literally seeping away all the pain.

“I don’t want to hurt you,” I finally whispered, feeling defeated.

She held onto me more tightly. “You aren’t hurting me. I’m giving myself to you. I already have.” She then paused, only to shift gears entirely. “Kai, if I was possibly going to die, and you could save me by giving me some of your blood, then would you do it?”

I didn’t respond, since the answer was pretty obvious, even if it did nothing to reduce my reluctance.

“Please, Kai,” she whispered, pressing her forearm more firmly against my mouth. “Please, just do it. I don’t want to lose you. And I’ll tell you if it’s too much.”

Slowly, hesitantly, hating myself for it, I opened my mouth, allowing her to shove the meaty part of her forearm in between my teeth, though her arms were so thin that ‘meaty’ felt like an exaggeration.

Convinced I was going to bite her, Gabriella spoke to Nick. “Okay, go ahead and start pulling them out.”

Nick had clearly been frozen in place, still seeming stunned by the revelation that I drank blood. He grunted after a second, seeming to reanimate. “Oh, err…” His voice trailed off for a second. “Right,” he finally said, taking a step toward me.

“Wait,” I interrupted, pulling away from Gabriella as I reached up to the one sticking out of my shoulder. “Let me get this going first,” I said, grabbing the shaft and gritting my teeth as I shoved it through more. It was a lot easier now that I was pushing it in the right direction. I then continued after moving it a few inches through. “And then, if you can just push on the other one, I can probably pull that out myself.”

“Oh, umm…” His voice trailed off again as he moved into position behind me, prompting Gabriella to hold onto my good shoulder as he started pushing on the lower one.

There was an audible popping sound, like the sound of a suction breaking, as he got the barbs to shove away from my body a little, enough that I could get my fingers underneath it and start tugging the spike through my chest.

“Here, let me help,” Nick commented, moving around to grab it himself.

“Wait!” Gabriella exclaimed, moving closer to my side again, holding up her forearm. “Bite first!”

I grimaced as I let her stick her forearm in my mouth a second time, finally sinking my teeth into her flesh.

She screamed, only to wrap her other arm around my head again even as she reflexively tried to jerk away. “I’m okay, I’m okay, don’t stop. I’m okay,” she repeated.

Her blood was so inviting, that I wasn’t sure if I would stop anyway, her discomfort suddenly not as much of a priority. My mind felt almost ravenous, like that brief moment I lost control before when killing the second guy earlier that day, but I tried to keep it under control as I slowly gulped from the bite I’d made.

She spoke to Nick. “Okay, hurry up and get it out.”

Nick seemed to be able to get the front one out without too much of a problem, but when he moved to my shoulder again, he struggled with it. Finally, he apologized, before placing his foot on my back to give him more leverage.

And then it was out.

I wrapped my arms around Gabriella’s waist, trying to pace myself, and trying desperately to avoid biting her again – to avoid biting her someplace where she’d bleed faster. I could already feel my body warming up and beginning to heal, though I felt like I was going to need a lot more blood than what I was willing to take from her.

Not to mention, even though I hadn’t bitten into any major arteries or anything, there was still the risk of her getting an infection, which meant we’d have to make sure we cleaned it really well.

Nick seemed exhausted from all the running around, so he just slumped down and waited while I slowly took gulps of Gabriella’s blood, seeming to crash now that his adrenaline rush was wearing off.

Once my internal wounds felt healed enough, I forced myself to pull away.

However, Gabriella wasn’t fooled. “I’m fine, Kai. If you aren’t fully healed, then keep drinking.”

I shook my head, unable to meet her gaze as I focused on the bite. Thankfully, it didn’t look as bad as I was expecting, the two semi-circle gashes continuing to bleed slowly. “I’m healed enough for now,” I said quietly, bending down a little to lick the blood off. “I’ll find another source. I’m not taking any more from you.”

She didn’t respond right away, likely hearing the resolve in my tone. “Okay,” she finally whispered.

“I’m sorry,” I replied.

She shook her head. “I love you,” she said simply in return.

I then sighed, trying to focus my thoughts, since this was far from over. Not only did I have to find another source of blood, but we still had to get the hell out of here, not to mention I probably needed to come back later tonight and destroy the evidence.

“We need to get everyone back to the house,” I said out loud. “And I can come here later to clean this mess up,” I added, echoing my thoughts. “But first, I want to make sure everyone is safe.”

Gabriella nodded in agreement, prompting me to reach up and begin tearing off the sleeve to her shirt, carefully wrapping it over her forearm to help stop the bleeding. Once she was set, pressing her palm firmly against the covered wound, I got up and went over to Serenity.

Gabriella had managed to get Serenity’s bra on, though it was still unhooked in the back, with her shirt instead covering her waist since Gabriella seemed to struggle with the underwear and pants. Given that my older friend was dead weight, I wasn’t too surprised, with my fiancé having managed to get the underwear up to Serenity’s lower butt, before she couldn’t get it any higher in the back, unable to lift the older girl by herself.

I wasn’t able to meet Serenity’s gaze as I apologized, carefully turning my best friend on her side to clasp her bra and get her underwear pulled the rest of the way up, keeping my eyes averted the whole time. I then began working on both her shirt and pants, shimmying one pant leg fully on before gently rolling her on her back again to finish it off.

It was no problem for me to easily place my hand underneath her lower back and lift her with one arm enough to pull her pants all the way up with the other.

I then grabbed her neck and shoulders, carefully sitting her up, wanting to make sure I had her head supported on my shoulder as I slowly scooted her still limp body into my arms.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered again. I then spoke louder to the other two. “Ready?” I asked simply.

Gabriella stood right up, but Nick still seemed shell-shocked from everything, not budging as I approached.

“Come on, Nick,” I said gently to get his attention. “Let’s go.”

He nodded weakly, not looking up at me as he stood on shaky legs. Gabriella stuck right by my side as we continued on down the hallway, with Nick finally passing us up to take the lead since he had the flashlight. Not that I needed the light, but he didn’t know that, and I was sure Gabriella appreciated being able to see.

Once we exited the building and reached Nick’s car, I carefully climbed into the backseat with Serenity in my arms, Gabriella closing the door for me and then walking around to join me on the other side. Scooting my rear to the edge of the seat, I rested my knees on the passenger’s seat while readjusting Serenity in my lap to make sure she was comfortable.

I then focused on Nick as he climbed in too, still looking shaky. “Are you going to be able to drive?” I asked seriously.

He nodded in response, though he kept his eyes forward. “Yeah, man. It’s just…” His voice trailed off, only for him to take a deep breath. “That guy in there…” He paused, glancing back at me. “That was my deadbeat biological father…”

My eyes widened in surprise, seeing Gabriella look at me in alarm. Of course, I recalled the guy saying that the woman he had killed was his ex-wife, or something like that, but didn’t really put a ton of thought into it at the time. After all, I had other things going on.

Like killing him, for one, before he tortured the most important person in my life.

Although, now that I was thinking about it, I started wondering if Nick’s mom remarrying was part of the bastard’s motive, especially since Nick’s younger sister would be his half-sister, conceived by his step-dad, who actually sounded like he cared about them.

When I didn’t respond, Nick continued, returning his gaze ahead as he started the car.

“I knew he was a horrible person, but I had no idea…” He paused again, taking a deep breath, his hands on the steering wheel. “This whole time. All of it was his fault. He’s responsible for my mom’s death, and he’s the one who almost got my little sister killed too.” He then shifted it in gear, and focused on the rearview mirror to back up, though there wasn’t anything behind us to hit. “He was a horrible person, but he was also smart. Supposedly, that’s where I get my thing for puzzles from.” He shook his head. “And if he’s been somehow stalking me, then it’s possible I accidentally led him straight to you…” He grimaced, glancing back at me as he started driving toward the road. “Sorry, man. I’m really sorry if that’s true.”

I shook my head, gesturing with my chin for him to watch where he was going. “It doesn’t matter now. It’s over. Let’s just get back to my place.”

Nick nodded, focused on the road now as he pulled onto it.

We were all silent on the way home, with Serenity closing her eyes, causing me to wonder if she’d fallen asleep. At the very least, her heartbeat and breathing were steady, so I knew she was alright. For a few minutes, I just stared out the window up at the stars, but then noticed from the corner of my eye that Gabriella was watching me intently.

Focusing on her, I was surprised that her expression was endearing.

I gave her a small smile in return, prompting her to lean into me, Serenity’s legs partially draped over her lap. We then continued to ride in silence, the whole experience almost beginning to feel surreal, like it was all just one horrible nightmare.

Unfortunately, I had the scent of Gabriella’s wound on her arm, coupled with the chemical stench still lingering on my best friend, to remind me that it wasn’t just a bad dream.

Once we finally got home, Gabriella was exceptionally sluggish getting out of the car, as if she’d almost fallen asleep herself. And she continued to walk with an unsteady gait, to the point that I had Gabriella walk up the stairs in front of me, Serenity still in my arms, concerned she’d fall if I wasn’t right there behind her.

Nick waited downstairs while I got Serenity in her bed, Gabriella likewise deciding to just crawl into bed with her too, promising to keep an eye on my best friend even though she seemed so tired that her emerald eyes looked like they were about to cross.

I nodded in agreement, giving her a kiss on the forehead once Serenity was situated, even though I suspected she would be out soon too. Deciding to lock the door to Serenity’s room, being extra paranoid at this point, I closed it behind me and then headed downstairs.

This whole time, I hadn’t even bother trying to transition back to my human form, so Nick nearly jumped out of his skin when I walked into the kitchen, white hair, gold eyes, and gray skin. He was sitting on one of the kitchen chairs, next to the broken table, immediately apologizing unnecessarily for his reaction, only to indicate that he would keep watch, since I’d already disclosed that I was planning on going back to clean up.

I nodded in agreement, prompting him to speak up again.

“And hey, after you get back…” He paused. “Mind if I crash on the couch? Not sure I’ll be awake enough to drive home at that point.”

I nodded again. “Yeah, that’s fine,” I agreed, not at all having a problem with it. My tone then became a little more firm, a ‘not so subtle’ warning in it. “Just keep them safe while I’m gone.”

Nick nodded adamantly. “Of course. And hey, I’m sorry about the whole microphone thing. I just wanted to know for sure that you were the guy. I’ll be dropping the case now, so you won’t have to worry about anyone digging into it again anytime soon.”

“Right,” I replied. “Thanks.”

I then took a deep breath, before turning around to leave, seeing no point in delaying what needed to be done. Locking the door behind me, I took to the air to first find myself some blood, and then to go hide my second dead body for the day.

 

Copyright © 2020 Kaizer Wolf

 Thanks for reading! Advanced chapters can be read at Patreon.com/KaizerWolf

Currently, at the time of posting this part, I'm up to Chapter 39 and the $2 tier has access up to Chapter 33, which is equivalent to 3 full-length books worth of content.

39