Chapter 18-1: Risking Exposure for My Hot Classmate
1.6k 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
If you happened to grab a copy of Book 1 and Book 2 on Smashwords, can you leave a review on at least book 1?

Thanks!

Copyright © 2020 Kaizer Wolf

Originally Published: November 8, 2020

Submitted on Scribblehub: June 29, 2021

 

Innocent Devil's Harem | Chapter 18-1: Risking Exposure for My Hot Classmate

At the realization of who was involved in the accident, Avery’s distinct floral scent potent enough for even Gabriella to notice, I looked back at her for only a second, our thoughts seemingly in perfect sync.

Without hesitation, we both reached down to unbuckle our respective seatbelts, with me popping open my door even as Gabriella scooted in the backseat to get out as well. However, our actions prompted Serenity to speak up in alarm.

“Wait, what are you doing?” she demanded in a harsh whisper.

I hesitated, focusing on her for half a second before explaining quietly. “Avery and her mom were in the accident. I can hear her, Ren. She’s scared. And possibly hurt. I can’t just sit here while she’s in trouble.”

Serenity just stared at me for a long few seconds, blinking as she tried to process what I was telling her, before she unbuckled her seatbelt as well. “Okay, I’m coming too then, but you need to be careful, Kai. I can whip out my badge and try to keep people back, but I’m sure someone will end up taking a picture or video with their phone. So you can’t do anything abnormal.”

I nodded, quickly turning off the car since we were all leaving, and then climbed out, rapidly picking up the pace as I jogged between the long lines of stationary vehicles. Both Gabriella and Serenity were close behind me, since I was still keeping my pace at a normal level, with my fiancé taking up the rear.

It seemed Serenity already had her badge out, because just as I was passing a vehicle, the door popped open an inch, only for her to flash her credentials at the guy trying to get out.

“Police,” she announced. “Please get back in your vehicle.”

The guy quickly nodded and closed his door again. I could hear him mumbling something under his breath, regarding Serenity looking a little young to be a cop, but I was ignoring pretty much everything now as I focused on the scene ahead of me.

The windows in the car Avery was in were all shattered from the weight of the trailer, which had crushed the driver’s side of the cab down to the seats, making it impossible to try to open that door, even if I wanted to. On the positive side, I didn’t smell any blood coming from their vehicle, but the noises Avery was making didn’t sound like she was alright.

It was causing me to panic, my chest actively graying underneath my shirt.

Ducking down as I rushed to the passenger’s side, I realized the door was crushed enough that I wouldn’t just be able to open it with the handle. The ground was littered with glass, crunching under my feet as I finally reached the passenger’s window, now able to assess the situation visually.

I heard Serenity flash her badge to someone again, but I was focused on Avery.

She was sitting mostly upright in her seat, except that her head was trapped between the headrest and the roof of the car supporting the trailers weight, her neck twisted at a slightly unnatural angle, looking as if she might have been reclining back a bit before it fell on them. Under different circumstances, it looked like her seat might have actually gone further back on its own from the weight, but it couldn’t go further due to a large wooden cabinet in their backseat, right behind Avery.

Her bright blue eyes were open and panicked as she stared into space, her body looking like it was completely limp, her arms lifeless at her sides.

Her mom was unconscious in the seat next to her, with the older woman’s head almost touching Avery’s thin shoulder, her body held in place by the seatbelt.

The moment I came into sight, Avery’s azure eyes focused on me, the panicked look making my own anxiety escalate even more.

“Avery,” I hissed. “Are you alright?!”

Obviously, she wasn’t, but I needed her to speak to me. I needed to know what she was experiencing. Because it looked like her neck might be broken, and that complicated everything. Made it all much worse than it just being a broken arm, leg, shoulder, or anything else.

“Kai, it hurts,” she whimpered, her face contorted as she barely kept it together. “My head, it hurts so bad…” She paused, her face scrunching up again. “And I can’t feel my arms, or my legs. Kai, I can’t feel anything,” she whimpered, her blue eyes filling with tears.

I could only imagine the amount of pressure being placed on her head right now, suspecting it might even be enough to cause fissures in her skull, along with a severe concussion. Which only meant I needed to get her out of the car as fast as possible, except that I was uncertain of how to do so. If only I could just lower her seat, then it would only be a matter of keeping her neck stabilized, but the cabinet in the back would make that impossible.

Fuck!

I could hear more people getting out of their vehicles now, seeming to be finally spurred to action from the lack of emergency vehicles showing up, combined with our own involvement. Sometimes that was all it took to get people to go from a bystander to a good Samaritan – seeing someone else do it first.

But that only meant I was running out of time to use my unique strength to get her out safely, since it wasn’t a guarantee that Serenity could keep them all at bay.

“I’m going to get you out of here, okay?” I tried to reassure her, attempting to just focus on one thing at a time.

First, the door.

Glancing over my shoulder, I saw that Gabriella was just a couple of feet behind me, also ducked down, while Serenity was standing just outside the edge of the fallen trailer. I whispered to both of them. “Hey, block my view from anyone behind you. We have to do this quickly.”

They both immediately shifted their positions, looking over their own shoulders to try to see who was closest.

At the same time, I dug my fingers into the edge of the door, the metal bending slightly as it yielded to my appendages. However, as I tried to get a good enough grip to force it open, I discovered the crushed door to be even more stubborn than I was anticipating, and my rising adrenaline levels were forcing my body to change.

I tried to keep my graying skin underneath my clothing, but as my ears focused on the approaching bystanders, I realized there was no way in hell I was going to manage this without shifting most of the way – at least, enough that Avery might see.

Fuck.

Gritting my teeth, I tried to keep my hair a normal color as the graying creeped up my skin and my eyes started shifting, the white turning black, my irises shifting to a glowing gold.

Avery’s somewhat unfocused gaze immediately widened, her heartrate noticeably spiking, prompting me to close them as the graying continued up my jaw.

Abruptly lifting my left leg, I shoved my foot into the back door with enough force to slam a dent into it as I put my all into a violent tug. Instantly, the creaking frame snapped free and swung open, causing me to almost slam into Gabriella behind me.

I quickly caught myself though, rushing back forward and sticking my head in over Avery’s limp body, aiming to unbuckle both of their seatbelts. Her mom instantly fell the moment she was free, but I was prepared to catch her, able to handle her adult weight like a small child as I eased her over Avery’s lap.

Gabriella was right at my side then, her own skin looking a little tan as she helped me move Michelle carefully to the ground.

I then climbed fully into the car and straddled Avery’s body, placing my knee up on the center console as I attempted to find good spots to support myself. My blonde friend’s heart was still racing, but otherwise there was no physical sign from her body how she was handling everything.

Gabriella was right there again, ready for instructions.

“Pull her head loose as soon as you can,” I began, easing my head up next to hers, causing her heart to spike into a full-on gallop as she whimpered again. “I think her neck is broken, so you’ll have to support it the whole time.”

Gabriella immediately stuck her arms inside the vehicle, and got her hands around the sides of Avery’s neck, her fingers partially on her skull, her palms squished against her jaw. I was glad Avery couldn’t seem my face, because I was almost fully transformed at this point, my hair barely hanging on to its normal color.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Serenity reach her hands in too, squishing next to Gabriella as she grabbed the thin girl’s shoulders in preparation to help pull her out.

Finally grabbing the doorframe next to Avery’s right shoulder, I grunted as I began putting pressure upward, pushing up with my head and shoulders.

Of course, I knew it was going to be heavy, but fuck.

I didn’t realize it would be this heavy. Straining even more, my adrenaline spiking higher, a vicious growl began rumbling in my chest and throat, sounding like a wild animal about to attack as the metal above me began bending, rather than the trailer itself rising higher.

But it was all that we needed.

A few more seconds of pushing, my violent growl growing louder, and they were able to ease her head out, Serenity quickly moving to grab Avery’s legs and tugging her lower in the seat when she realized she couldn’t just pull her forward by the shoulders.

Now that her head was free, I carefully reduced the pressure I was exerting, attempting to calm my racing heart down and look normal again as I reached down to slip my hand underneath Avery’s butt in order to help Serenity get her out, even as Gabriella continued to focus on supporting my classmate’s neck. I then moved my other hand to the middle of her upper back as we collectively eased her out of the car, Gabriella intensely focused on her primary task, as if her own life depended on it.

“Kai,” Serenity hissed urgently as we began easing her on to the ground. “Shift back, now. Your face still has some gray.”

I nodded, taking a deep breath with my head angled downward once my classmate was on the asphalt, not worried about her getting cut from the glass shards, especially since that was the least of our concerns right now.

I could finally hear several sets of sirens coming from different directions in the distance, thinking that maybe a fire truck and ambulance were on the way, though I suspected it was too far away for everyone else’s ears to pick up on.

In the meantime, Gabriella was focused on Avery now, her hands still on her neck, trying to reassure her. “It’s going to be alright,” she whispered. “The ambulance is coming. I can hear it.”

“I can’t,” Avery choked out, her heart still racing, tears slipping down the sides of her face.

“Well, it’s coming,” Gabriella immediately said gently. “I promise you, it’s coming.”

Avery whimpered. “I can’t move anything. I can’t feel anything.”

Gabriella’s expression pained, before she focused up at me, crouched next to them.

 

Copyright © 2020 Kaizer Wolf

Patreon: Chapter 18 >>

Thanks for reading! You can read over 70 parts (20 full-length chapters) at Patreon.com/KaizerWolf for only $2.

Currently, at the time of posting this part, I'm up to Chapter 44 and the $2 tier has access up to Chapter 37, which is roughly 70 parts ahead of here, since each chapter is divided into 3 to 5 parts.

31