Chapter 18-4: Second Guessing Our Options
1.4k 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
If you know someone else who might enjoy this story, please share it with them :-)

Copyright © 2020 Kaizer Wolf

Originally Published: November 8, 2020

Submitted on Scribblehub: July 12, 2021

 

Innocent Devil's Harem | Chapter 18-4: Second Guessing Our Options

I nodded, deciding to elaborate about my vivid imagination. “Yeah, I’ve seen her in enough tight clothing to know exactly what she would look like naked, never mind the sounds, smells, and everything else that bombards my senses. Like, before she started taking birth control a little over a year ago, I knew when she was on her period, could hear the difference between a pad and tampon, and could smell when she was just beginning and when she was toward the end. It was always a good smell to me, which I now realize is because I apparently need blood sometimes.” I paused. “And my memory seems to be stronger with my sense of smell and hearing in particular. Like, just thinking about Avery causes me to vividly recall her scent, as well as how her heart sounds when she’s flustered, and what her voice sounds like. Plus, we just saw her today, so I have a fresh image of her in my mind.”

“That makes sense,” Gabriella agreed.

“Not that I even need the recent exposure to her,” I continued. “Considering I’ve seen her almost every day for the last two years.” I sighed. “But my mind pieces it all together into a powerful representation of her. Like, if I think about touching her arm, I can almost feel it, as if it was real. And thinking about biting her makes it feel like her skin is already between my teeth, her taste already against my tongue…” I paused, glancing at her again. “Obviously, I have no idea what her skin actually tastes like, but I can assure you that my mind is very good at using her scent to come up with a pretty realistic taste in my mouth. And honestly, it’s probably an accurate taste too. Like, if I did bite her, then I probably wouldn’t be surprised by the real thing.”

Gabriella nodded. “Makes sense,” she repeated. “And I’m sorry,” she added. “It’s just that sometimes you don’t react to things that I think you might, and other times you react to stuff I’m not expecting you to.”

I nodded, focusing on the road. “I understand. I think it was the surprise more than anything. I wasn’t aroused. Just embarrassed.”

Gabriella spoke up again. “But I guess that explains why I was so arousing to you.” She turned in her seat slightly to look more fully at me. “Because, just from being near me, you could probably imagine pretty easily all the things a normal person shouldn’t know without actually experiencing it.”

I sighed, leaning back in my seat more, feeling thankful we could have this kind of discussion now without it affecting me a ton – at least, when the subject was her.

“Yeah, pretty much. I could imagine what you felt like, what you tasted like, and even had a pretty good idea of what you looked like underneath your clothing. Granted, experiencing the real thing was far more amazing than I would have ever anticipated, but I still wasn’t really surprised by anything.”

She frowned. “So then, how did you manage to sit next to Avery day-after-day for so long without transforming? Because it’s pretty obvious she’s extremely hot. Like, it’s to the point that I was sincerely shocked when I saw her in person. The way you talked about her made it seem like she might be a little above average, not freaking to the moon.”

I shrugged, knowing that her assessment wasn’t just her opinion. Avery really was that hot, enough that it would be difficult to find someone who disagreed.

“Well, for one, I have a different mindset at school. I’m more guarded with my thoughts, and I’m much more restrictive with my focus.” I glanced at her with a small smile. “Granted, if you had walked into one of my classes, I still would have found it hard to ignore you. Your scent alone would have been enough to demand my attention. And yeah, being completely honest, Avery is really hot, but her scent is only average to me. Different than most people, but still average in its potency.”

“Well, not so average to me,” Gabriella mumbled, only to laugh, seeming to change subjects slightly. “You know, I never thought my natural scent would be how I’d get a guy’s attention.” She chuckled some more. “And that would be a funny introduction too. ‘So, how did you two meet? Oh, well Kai fell in love with my scent, and the rest is history.’” She laughed even more, seeming to really find it hilarious. “I’m kidding of course,” she added, a big grin on her face.

I gave her a small smile in response, focused more on the road now.

We were turning on the street to the hospital, and I needed to figure out where to park.

Thankfully, there were clear signs for the nearest parking garage, and getting inside was pretty straightforward.

However, it became obvious right away that noon on a Saturday wasn’t a great time to find a decent spot. Granted, I supposed that made sense, considering the weekend was likely when most people visited their loved ones.

And once I did find a spot, and I’d put the black chest in the trunk, we found that there was a ton of activity inside the building, with people coming and going, and the occasional nurse pushing a patient around in a wheelchair.

Pulling out my phone, I called Serenity to find out if they were in a room yet, discovering that they just moved Avery to a bed after doing a series of scans on her head and neck. She also told me that the doctors weren’t considering surgery at this point, and that she would explain more when we got there.

Now that I had Avery’s room number, I used the hospital signs for directions and we began making our way through the maze of hallways, getting on an elevator and then making our way to the appropriate room. I would have had no problem asking someone for directions if needed, but it was all pretty straightforward thanks to the signs.

When we walked in, I was thankful to see that it was a single-bed room, instead of one with two beds, since that would have only complicated everything. I hadn’t even considered that being a problem, but now realized it would have made it difficult to talk to Avery about the decision she would be making.

The curtain hanging from the wall was partially closed when I laid eyes on Serenity, with Avery’s head hidden from my view.

Serenity met my gaze with a frown, currently in a chair and leaning forward against the bed, her left hand on Avery’s stomach over the hospital gown while the other was higher, seeming as if she might be touching Avery’s face.

There were wires all over the place coming out of Avery’s gown, with a monitor in the corner displaying all her vitals, a soft beeping coming from her pulse.

For half a second, I was surprised Serenity was being so handsy with her, only to recall that my classmate seemed to only be able to feel in certain spots. No doubt Serenity was cupping her face and touching her stomach to help Avery cope with having no feeling almost anywhere else.

Obviously, holding her hand would be pointless if she couldn’t even feel it.

Avery must have noticed Serenity’s look, because her heartrate picked up on the monitor after a second, and then even more so when I finally stepped into sight, with her bright blue eyes focusing on me while her head remained stationary from the neck brace – not that she could have moved it anyway.

I tried to give her a small reassuring smile, but ended up giving Serenity my attention again when she began explaining the situation.

“The doctors said her spinal cord doesn’t appear to be permanently damaged, and that her condition might just be this bad, due to inflammation. They think that she might even begin to recover from her paralysis in the next three to six months. Apparently, the initial trauma and subsequent inflammatory response is likely the source of her lack of feeling now, but there’s a good chance she’ll make a full recovery in the next year or so.”

Part of me was actually glad to hear that, since it technically gave Avery more of a choice. However, it was obvious the reminder of that news didn’t thrill her in the slightest.

Avery’s heartbeat raced faster as she began to panic. “Please don’t leave me like this,” she begged, tears reappearing in her eyes. “Please. Please fix me. I’ll do anything.”

Serenity quickly began stroking her cheek again, trying to calm her down. “Hey, it’s okay. Just relax. Calm down. Everything is going to be alright.”

Avery wasn’t calming down though, her pulse triggering an alarm on the monitor that also echoed somewhere down the hall.

Within a matter of seconds, a male nurse rushed into the room to check on her, seeming to quickly assess the situation.

“She needs to rest,” he said firmly to me and Gabriella. “I think it might be best if you come back at a later time.”

“No!” Avery blurted out, her breathing even more escalated. “No, please! I want them to stay!”

The guy stepped closer and pulled the curtain back more to focus on her, his expression becoming sympathetic as he used her name like she was a good friend, even though I was sure they’d never met before. “Okay, Avery, then I need you to try to take a deep breath for me, and calm down, okay? We need your heartrate under a hundred-twenty.”

I was sure Avery would have nodded if she could. Instead, her face scrunched up as she tried to slow her breathing, her full lips tensed out as she forced a controlled exhale.

After a few seconds, her heartrate began dropping again.

The guy finally focused on me, giving me a hard look as if he knew I was the problem. “She needs rest,” he repeated. “If her pulse doesn’t stay under control, then we’ll have to ask you guys to leave whether she wants you here or not.”

I nodded, not seeing any reason to become defensive by his attitude.

Still, I couldn’t help but wonder if he was a bit more fond and possessive of his new patient than he should be. Made me wonder if her being hot, thin, busty, and vulnerable was making him more interested than he should be.

Once the guy left, seeming satisfied with my nonverbal response, he left the door cracked on his way out. I rolled my eyes as I walked back over, waiting until he was seated down the hall to close it all the way.

In the meantime, Gabriella pulled up a chair by the wall and sat next to Serenity, speaking quietly. “How’s her mother?” she wondered.

Serenity sighed. “Last we heard, she’s alright. Just a really bad concussion. They’re keeping her in another hospital room for now, probably overnight, but the nurse said he would try to see if they could bring her over in a wheelchair to visit.” She then paused, looking back up at me. “So, Kai, what’s the plan?”

I frowned at that, glancing around the room, only to be surprised that there were a couple of syringes just lying out on the med cart against the wall, both of them individually wrapped in plastic. But then again, I supposed there was nothing overly special about syringes in a place like this. They were probably really cheap, and I doubted hospitals worried too much about people stealing them.

Walking over, I grabbed one and then stuck it in my pocket as I moved back over to the bed, speaking in a low voice. “We figured it might be best if I try injecting her with my blood first, and then go from there.”

“Your blood?” Serenity repeated in confusion.

Gabriella quickly nodded, leaning closer to explain in a hushed whisper so that Avery wouldn’t hear.

However, it was obvious my blonde friend was trying to eavesdrop, desperation evident on her face when she couldn’t hear what Gabriella was saying.

Knowing we needed to have a discussion first, I cleared my throat to get her attention, taking a step closer to the bed, only for Avery’s pulse to spike again when she focused on me.

Honestly, I wasn’t sure why she was reacting to me like this, since she remained fairly calm at school, with the only major difference being that I usually ignored her.

Then again, she’d definitely seen my gold eyes just a little bit ago, so maybe that was it?

She didn’t smell scared though, only anxious.

 

Copyright © 2020 Kaizer Wolf

Patreon: Chapter 18 >>

Thanks for reading! You can read over 70 parts (20 full-length chapters) at Patreon.com/KaizerWolf for only $2.

Currently, at the time of posting this part, I'm up to Chapter 44 and the $2 tier has access up to Chapter 37, which is roughly 70 parts ahead of here, since each chapter is divided into 3 to 5 parts.

32