Chapter 189: A Date with Parmin
211 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun peered through the horizon. Its crimson light gently lifted the curtain of dawn. As the warm rays crept through the shaded windows and illuminated the bedroom, Iris opened her eyes. She stretched her arms and was unable to move. Despite the steamy, sticky night activities, Ludmint tightly hugged her.

Iris’s eyelids drooped, fatigue lingering in her pupils. She carefully moved Ludmint’s soft, delicate arms from her chest and pushed herself to sit up. Ludmint’s fingers, which commanded her moans during the night, grazed her hip, tickling her.

Her cry permeated the atmosphere, and her ears reddened.

Ludmint shifted her head to Iris’s lap and yawned. She rubbed her eyes before wrapping her arms around Iris’s waist, nuzzling. Though incomparable to the nightly fondles, her morning touches scattered Iris’s weariness.

“You woke up too early,” Ludmint said, her tone drowsy. “The sun has yet to rise. Can I hug you until then?”

Iris pulled in Ludmint’s hands and bit on them. “I have an early appointment. You shall have your body pillow when I return.”

“But I want your warmth now.” Ludmint pouted. “I’m a cold-blooded and lazy Ghost-Type Monster Girl. I will freeze to death if I don’t get my daily warmth.”

“If a Ghost-Type Monster Girl dies, will she return to life?”

“I’ll disappear forever, and you’ll miss me dearly.” Ludmint wiped her invisible tear. “Isn’t it horrible? Please kiss my lips to starve away this danger.”

Sighing, Iris bent down. Her nose touched Ludmint’s right cheek. She opened her mouth, gently nibbled Ludmint’s upper lip, and pulled up. Ludmint moved up, her face flushing. The slight pain jolted her awake, igniting the ember in her chest.

How dare Iris take advantage of her drowsiness? She’d show Iris how a Monster Girl toyed with her prey.

Ludmint swiftly turned around and seized Iris’s arms, locking her in place. Their bodies pressed against each other, pulling them to the bed. They tumbled on the messy blanket amidst the scattered pillows. Milky, fussy heat leaked from their kissing mouths, veiling their pleasuring acts.

After their sweats soaked their bed and their fluids tainted their partner, Iris slowly pulled back her savoury tongue. Their mixed saliva connected them until Iris licked her lips, flashing a bashful smile.

“You’re finally awake,” Iris said. “I have an appointment.”

“We need to drive these dirty thoughts out of your head first.”

“You instilled them inside me.” Iris’s smile widened. “This is your punishment.”

Frowning, Ludmint reached for Iris. Iris splattered into a blob of azure slime. Her viscous body seeped away from Ludmint’s embrace and reformed outside of the dishevelled bed. With the blushes on her face, she assumed the disposition of a succubus, a naughty, mischievous demoness.

“I hope you think of me a lot this morning,” Iris said.

Ludmint nodded. “How could I not when you’re showing me your naked form?”

Iris looked at herself. Her human appearance, devoid of clothes, laid bare for Ludmint’s admiration. Her perky breasts, slender shoulders, and alluring waist revealed themselves, glimmering under the soft radiance. Even the flushes on her body exposed her emotions.

Like Ludmint, she was also affected by her earlier actions.

“Are you going to cover up? I haven’t finished looking yet.” Ludmint’s frisky voice rang throughout the room.

“Look away right this instant!” Iris covered herself with her arms and stooped down. Her Corruption Power emerged from her shadow, morphing into a wall of mist. “If I catch you peeking, you won’t be touching even a strand of my hair for the next week.”

Ludmint stayed put, though pouting. Once Iris finished dressing up, she dispelled the wall and stood elegantly before Ludmint. Her pastel dress fluttered with her delicate movement. Her tiny cap danced with her swaying head. She coyly spun around twice, slow enough for Ludmint to admire her beauty but fast enough for the breezes to play with her attire.

“How come you can assume all kinds of temperaments and dress up in every type of clothes?”

“I’m just that talented.”

“I require your talent for tonight.”

Iris narrowed her eyes. “You shall have it.”

The bedroom grew silent. Iris turned to the vanity table and applied a few sets of makeup, sprinkling fruity summer perfumes. She brushed her long, silky hair while puffing up her cheeks, painting her eyelashes and brightening her lips.

“You didn’t prepare yourself this much when we went out together.”

“We weren’t intimate back then.”

“Shall we have a redo? You should teach me so I can seduce you better.”

“You’re asking for a lot of favours today.” Iris eyed Ludmint. She couldn’t read anything. “You’ll have to help me with one thing.”

“At your command, Your Highness!”

“Come with me when I tour Yilon Archipelago. It’ll be our honeymoon.”

Ludmint furrowed her brows. Her teary eyes dulled. “I . . . can’t be in Yilon Archipelago for longer than a week.”

“What’s more important than our love?”

“I can’t neglect my responsibility. Not only Parmin, but even the Court Founder will reprove me.” Ludmint’s voice quavered. Her nose twitched, and her neck turned crimson. “You won’t subject your wife to a dreadful punishment, will you?”

“You aren’t my wife yet.” Iris bent her neck to the side, grinning. “For The Court, I won’t force you. But you must do something else for me.”

“I’m willing to satisfy your craving whenever, wherever. You can even chain my heart by marrying me tomorrow. Once we get married, I’ll belong to you.”

“I’ve already gotten your undying devotion. What I need is your research and knowledge about the void. Teach me about the Void Creatures and the methods you use to capture and study them.”

“I can’t teach you. The method’s too dangerous for you.”

Iris stared at Ludmint, her lips trembling. “I . . . promise not to experiment alone. I’ll only study the void under your guidance.”

Ludmint turned to her right hand. The shadow she cast on it flickered, illusory as if it were to disappear in a heartbeat. She could shield it from the light for a while, but it would eventually leave her.

Almighty she was not.

“Until you reach Condensation Phase, I’ll always be beside you. And when you reach Solidification Phase, I’ll be under your care.”

“Too high of a hope will lead to disappointment. Where did you get that confidence?”

“My bridal instinct told me.”

Iris shook her head and walked to the door. Before she left, she hastily turned around, kissed her left palm, and blew at Ludmint. Her warmth imprinted itself on Ludmint’s lips. She swiftly jumped out and closed the door, her blushing phantom lingering only in Ludmint’s mind.

Ludmint caressed her lips and licked her finger. Her smile faded, and she creased her brows.

Her Iris was too generous today. She gave Ludmint too much leeway as if she were silently compensating.

Ludmint got up from the bed and sauntered to the window. Her hands parted the curtain, her eyes watching her Iris hurriedly skipping down the sparse street.

She wished she could say Iris’s love for her had risen, that Iris would unconditionally give in to her request. But Iris never seemed to divulge her worries. If not for that night, Ludmint wouldn’t have realised what burden Iris was carrying.

Iris, will my voice somedays reach your heart?

...

Iris calmly waited under the green shade of a large, flower-coated tree. Hovering near her abdomen, her hands held a pastel pink purse which hung from her fidgeting fingers, swaying with the gentle zephyr. She resisted the urge to grasp her hair when it flared up and danced about her face.

Despite the gazes of the coming and going visitors, she remained still, unmoving. Her picturesque appearance became an attraction, though most people felt ashamed for staring at her innocent, loving eyes for too long.

While her outward appearance exuded the air of serenity, her mind ceaselessly calculated her future, predicting multitudes of potential scenes and making plans for each.

Though she asked Parmin for a date, she hadn’t considered much of what a date with Parmin would be. Iris rarely interacted with Parmin, for Ludmint would occupy most of her free time. What did Parmin like? Who was she before becoming a Monster Girl? What was her relationship with Morbi?

Were they lovers? Did she just snatch Parmin from Morbi?

“You smell especially lovely today.”

Iris shivered. Her eyes caught a glimpse of an elegant beauty behind her. “When did you arrive? I came here a few minutes ago.”

“I’ve been watching your hair since the beginning.” Parmin stepped to beside Iris. Her red translucent shawl covered her shoulders, yet it still exposed her fair forearms. “I couldn’t help but admire your grace in secrecy.”

Iris blushed. “I didn’t mean to lie to you.”

“You just don’t want me to feel guilty. Your Red Threads have already told me your feeling.”

Parmin took Iris’s hands, intertwining her fingers with Iris’s. Accompanied by the falling leaves, pink petals, and sweet fragrances, she guided Iris out of the natural shade.

They walked through the crowd, which split open as if making way for a pair of angels. Everyone peeked at them, but no one dared to interrupt their continuous display of affection. Despite the commotion, Iris and Parmin remained oblivious to others; their attention only stayed on their partner.

“Have you been here before?” Parmin said.

Iris shook her head. The location Parmin requested was a massive park on the outskirt of Donhalgen, the Rising Mirth Park. Today was the first day of its annual festival. Countless visitors and vendors infused the park with merriment beyond tranquil nature.

“Shall we stroll around the beauty of nature or tour with the exciting circus first?” Parmin said.

Iris looked at the crossroad: the left leading up a slope where the quiet forest spawned atop the mountain; the right leading to an open field where colourful tents and temporary buildings stood tall, emitting bright light and amusing music.

“The forest’s at its most beautiful in the morning.”

“You’re always at your most beautiful.”

Iris glanced at Parmin. “Please take care of me, your partner who’s rarely walked among nature.”

“No negative emotions will touch your Red Threads. I guarantee it.”

Unlike other tourists who chose the circus, Iris and Parmin ascended the slope. As they closed in on the bountiful forest, they encountered a small store, the resting spot for those who wished to observe nature and needed a guide.

When Iris and Parmin stepped into the store, a young, carefree girl skipped toward them. Dressed in a thick green outfit with a brown backpack on her back, the guide beamed a smile and bowed gracefully.

“Pleasure to be your guide.” She flicked her long green hair, her emerald eyes flashing with pride. “My name is Iris, the loveliest guide there is!”

What's the guide name, again?


Special thanks to my patrons: Jammin' Rabbit, Zeeksi, Linaith, and Shadow! You all are my motivation booster!

Read ahead by joining my Patreon, or get notified of the next release by joining my Discord.

7