Chapter 03 – War
1.3k 2 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After checking all the items, I decided to store them back in the scroll. I placed them on top of the storage seal and started to infuse my chakra into it. Suddenly I heard a *puff* sound and the items disappeared from my sight.

I decided to leave out only the 2 strange papers that came in it. Since I had no idea what they were, I decided to ask the wise man.

"Sage, can you tell what that is?"

[initiating inspection skill]

[Answer: this is a chakra affinity paper used exclusively in Iwagakure]

As I suspected, the system is really a pure rpg and I suspect it may even have an item box. But let's leave that for later and concentrate on this surprise for now.   

I didn't expect each village to use a different role, I think they are so stingy that even in this they want to be different or better than the others. But anyway, I'll take advantage of the moment and find out soon which elements I have affinity, I think it's just infused my chakra in the paper and wait for the result.

Fortunately, I still remember how the konoha papers worked. If I'm not mistaken, if the paper turns to ashes it's fire; if it crumples its lightning; if it splits in two it's wind; if it gets wet its water and if it crumbles it means its earth. But I don't know if it will work the same way.

I hope I can at least have an affinity with lightning because the thunder breath is my favorite among all the others. As I train this breath, I might even be able to evolve it and become one of the fastest and strongest humans in the world, beating even the Otsutsuki.

Now that I've stopped to think about it, what affinity is needed to get the breath of the sun? The wise man must know the answer since he is going to help me with this.

In my mind I asked, "Sage, what is the affinity of the sun's breath?"

After a few seconds, a semi-transparent blue screen appeared in front of me containing a lot of information

No affinities: Sun Breathing; Moon Breathing

 Affinities with lightning element: Thunder breath; Sound breath

 Wind affinity: Wind breath; Fog breath; Beast breath

 Affinity with the fire element: Breath of flames; Breath of Love

 Affinity with the element of water: Water breath; Insect breath; Flower breath; Snake breath 

 Earth Affinity: Breath of stone]

[As the breaths are also linked to chakra, they have room to evolve and become more powerful as the user upgrades them].

After reading the information, I was surprised by how the system adapted the breaths to the rules of this world. Since the chakra is directly connected to the individual's body and spreads out in a similar way to the blood vessels within the body.

Now I will start infusing my chakra into the paper and see the results.

When my chakra came in contact with the paper, I noticed that it split into three other parts, one of which was turning to ash, the other had been crumpled, and the last was cut in half.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAH FUUUUUUUUUUCK" I shouted in my mind

Almost screaming and jumping for joy, I decided to calm down. I discovered that I have an affinity with 3 elements and they are as follows: Fire, Lightning and Wind

With this and a lot of training, it is almost certain that I will be one of the strongest swordsmen in the world, if not the strongest thanks to the possible evolution of techniques and the possibility of creating original breathing from the sun's breath.

With the focus on getting stronger, I decided to feed myself first. So, I ate some dried meats from the pantry and hydrated myself. Then I walked to bed and rested. After resting for a while, I sat down on the floor and started to practice basic breathing.

Pulling the air into my body, following the footsteps of the scroll, I felt an intense pain in my lungs and fell to the ground. I felt my whole body trembling due to the blood suddenly circulating abnormally.

 When the pain subsided, I began to realize how naive I was to think that it would be uncomplicated and simple to adapt. After a few minutes the pain and discomfort went away and I resumed my breathing training. Just like they say no pain no gain.

 ----------------------------// ----------------------------

It has been 5 days since I was reincarnated, all this time I stayed inside my house surviving with the supplies that were stored here inside and on the scroll. During these days I constantly trained my breathing and chakra control.

According to my progress, I am able to climb the walls of the house by concentrating my chakra on my feet, but without moving. In the beginning I kept falling down, but as time went by I got better little by little. I think that if I keep training this way, in a few days I will be able to walk on a wall while using as little chakra as possible.

Since I don't have access to better methods since I am a civilian, then I will have to make do with what I have at the moment and get stronger with that.

Regarding the breathing, I feel less stress each time I practice, I currently feel almost no pain, and it seems that my body is almost adapting to this technique. But only after a while I felt the real effects of this adaptation.

I spoke in my mind "status

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race: Human

Name: Tsuna Hiro

Age: 10 years

Rank: Civilian

Rating: E-

Status: Normal

Lv: 1

HP: 5/5

Exp: 0/20

Attack: 4

Defense: 5

Chakra: 3

Agility: 10

Resistance: 7

Breaths acquired:
{Basic Breath (87% progress)}

Other Skills:

N/A

Achievements:

{Kill your first ninja}

Titles:

{another world}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

My strength, agility and endurance have improved, but not much has changed in my power level overall, I am still weaker than a genin in terms of chakra reserve and physical strength.

It seems that I am close to mastering basic breathing completely and I think I will still get one more stat boost. Now that a doubt came to me, since the statuses had characteristics of a rpg I decided to ask the wise man something that may be essential for me.

"sage do you have a box of items?"

[Yes, do you wish to keep something?]

Just as I suspected. I think this is one of the most useful skills I will have in this world and it will help me survive anywhere, especially in the middle of a war.

"is there a limit to how much I can keep or what I can keep?"

[The item box space is located in a personal dimension, so it has no storage limits. But you can only put organic and inorganic materials in it, and you can't put living things in it]

As expected, it is basically a unique rpg system for demon slayers in a world where there are no onis and everything revolves around chakra.

"right, store that bag with ryos, those dried meats, that bed of water, and those kunais and shurikens"

A black hole appeared on my side and I put my resources into it. Now I will rest, and when dawn comes, I will go to the forest near the house and master basic breathing while training in the trees.

 ----------------------------// ----------------------------

The next morning, I ate some dried meats again, did chakra control exercises and concentrated them on my feet. I tried climbing the walls of the house and managed to stay for a few minutes without moving before my chakra ran out.

After resting for a while, I grabbed a raincoat that was inside the room used as a laundry area and walked out into the rain of Amegakure toward the forest. Arriving in the forest, I started to breathe and a light vapor came out of my mouth.

While I was breathing, I started running and moving among the trees trying to hunt some animal to serve as practical training.

Minutes later I found a wild boar wandering through the bush. I tried to approach it using the bushes to hide and sneak up on it. As it was raining constantly the ground is all muddy, and the bushes are moving because of the water drops falling on them, which makes it difficult to attack without being seen.

When I got within a few meters of him, I was spotted by the boar who went on guard and prepared to attack me because he saw me holding a kunai while directing hostility at him.

Seeing that there was no other way, I took the kunai in hand and ran towards the boar. At the same moment it advanced as well, putting its tusks in my direction as it ran in a rush to hit me head on

As we came close to colliding head-on, I had a reckless and dangerous idea, but it would give me victory. I stopped my impulse and waited for him to come closer to me with his attack, just as his horns were about to pierce my belly, I threw myself to the side and let him crash head-on into a tree behind me. But still the tip of his horn hit me in the stomach and left a shallow cut, but it still hurt.

Passing me and colliding head-on with a tree, I didn't waste the opportunity I created and ran at him while he was stunned. I jumped on top of him aiming the kunai at his neck, held on tightly to my weapon and managed to stab a deep wound in his neck and thus killing him.

While examining the boar, I decided to put it in my item box to see if I can get something out of it later since I don't know how to dismantle animals. A few minutes later I went back to running and hunting for a few more hours using my breath.

After hours of training in the forest, I went back to my house and ate some dried meats and hydrated myself, my diet was only dried meat since it was the only thing I had around here besides some fruit. After resting a bit, I went back to my chakra control training.

 ----------------------------// ----------------------------

It is currently about 3 days since the training in the forest. In the meantime, I started to explore the surroundings of my house. I noticed that I lived in an extremely poor village, in the middle of the streets and in the alleys, there were malnourished people. It was raining constantly in Amegakure so the streets had many mud puddles and all the people wore raincoats. In the stores near my home, goods were in short supply and overpriced. Well, this was to be expected in a country ravaged by war. No merchant would want to sell his goods in the middle of a battlefield between ninjas from different villages.

I notice that the houses are similar to each other and there is not much difference in the condition of the houses. They are all made of wood with some metal patches on the roofs and walls. Although their condition is not so encouraging due to the constant rain and the current situation where at any moment ninjas can invade and devastate the area looting the village, killing and raping the civilians.

After walking around the small village where I live, I went to the market and bought some fruit and meat. Now my money was on its last legs and in the future, I will need a way to get more, but for now I will return to my house since I bought everything I should. Entering the house and locking the door, I sat down on the bed and put my supplies inside the box of items since I couldn't let anyone see this. After that I began to rest while practicing my breathing technique.

In these 3 days I have already managed to adapt well to breathing and don't even feel pain or discomfort when using it. This resulted in an increase in progress to 96% and I also got 1 more point in strength.

As for my chakra control, I managed to stay for a few minutes walking along the walls while trying to spend as little chakra as possible, and my reserves are currently very close to the level of a genin.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH"

"HELP"

"HEEEEEEEELP"

I was startled when in the middle of my rest, I heard screams from outside my house and sounds of someone banging hard on my door. Afraid of what might happen, I grabbed a kunai from my item box and prepared myself for danger. I doubt it will be anything simple because of the shouting in the street, so I will keep calm.

I cannot immediately assume that it is an invasion of ninjas because it is normal for fights to occur due to lack of food to survive.

Wielding the kunai in my hand, I took slow steps toward the locked door, while hiding the kunai behind me to catch any intruders with their guard down. I grabbed the doorknob and opened the door, but almost jumped with shock at the scene in front of me.

Some things will be different from the original
tell me your feedback

42