Chapter 06 – Cave (part 1)
1.2k 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[an essence item for Mr. Hiro is found in this cave]

'An essential item? Could it be a katana?' I was happy with the new revelation, but it can't be that easy to get this item.

We'll think about that later, I'll start collecting my long-awaited rewards. I wonder what kind of thing will come.

[Reward for mastering basic breathing: Kenjutsu (beginner); want to apply it now?]

[Reward for achievement {first step}: 30 XP; want to apply it now?]

Wow, I thought I was going to have to learn kenjutsu on my own, but this system comes with everything in it, doesn't it?

I spoke in my mind "Apply the first reward".

[Applying reward: {Kenjutsu (beginner)}... Successfully completed]

Similarly, to chakra control, I felt like all the information was in my mind from the beginning. It's good that I received it now, but since I don't have any sword then this knowledge will be unusable for now.

"Give me the 30 XP now"

[Applying reward from {step one}...Successfully completed]

Not even a second passed and a golden glow appeared around my body. I felt my body changing a little, my muscles were enlarging slightly and it felt as if my bones were changing as well.

If I am correct, I must be on the same level as a genin in terms of physical strength and chakra.

Let's now check "status”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race: Human

Name: Tsuna Hiro

Age: 10 years

Rank: Genin (inexperienced)

Rating: E

Status: Normal

Lv: 2

HP: 10/10

Exp:10/30

Attack: 9

Defense: 11

Chakra: 8

Agility: 13

Resistance: 10

Acquired breaths:
{basic breathing (mastered}

Other Skills:

Kenjutsu (beginner); Item Box; Inspection

Achievements:

{Kill your first ninja}; {First step}

Titles:

[another world]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's as I thought, my chakra and HP have increased and I'm at the level of a genin even if it's one without any experience who has just graduated from the academy. The other skills that I had only used due to the system are now added there as well. I think now I'll be able to do something in case I'm attacked by some ninja.

I am sure there is treasure in that cave and that genjutsu is probably active to guard that treasure so I have no guarantee that the genjutsu will remain active should I get the treasure now.

Now just don't lose my focus, I have to take advantage of the genjutsu and the safety of this cave to train my chakra manipulation and train Konan to help me in battle.

Now that I thought of it, can I check Konan's status? It may be intrusive, but I need to see it to plan our future from now on.

I asked in my mind "Sage, can you check Konan's status?" as I looked at the sleeping Konan on the floor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Race: Human

Name: Konan

Age: 12 years

Rank: Civilian

Rating: F

Status: Malnourished, Sleeping, Happy

HP: 4/5

Attack: 3

Defense: 4

Chakra: 0

Agility: 6

Resistance: 2

Acquired breaths:
N/A

Other Skills:

Paper Manipulation (Kekkei tota)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'FUUUUUUUUCK, WHAT DO YOU MEAN KEKKEI TOTA!?'

The other statuses I already expected, but this Kekkei tota took me totally by surprise. I always thought Konan's paper manipulation in the anime was just infusing her chakra into the paper and manipulating it. But who knew that was connected to her bloodline? That must be connected to her unknown clan that wasn't even mentioned in the anime.

Having Kekkei tota is so rare that in the ninja world today there is only one user currently known to the shinobi. Old Onoki who is the current third Tsuchikage of Iwagakure and has achieved a rank in the top 10 among the strongest ninja in the ninja world because of his dust release.

If I can get her to train her role manipulation from an early age maybe she can surpass her canonical counterpart.

Another thing I realized is that she doesn't have the values for level, experience, achievements and titles. But the breath bar confirms that she can learn the same styles as me if she is compatible with them.

We will have to spend a few days in this cave and get her better from her malnourished physique and start controlling her paper handling as soon as possible.

She is also 2 years older than me, but around that time shouldn't she already be with Yahiko? What changed for her to almost die if I hadn't found her? Did the author who reincarnated in my previous world tell what happened to her in a different way?

Maybe the events before canon are different than what I actually know and I will have to adapt to the situation. At least I know which ninjas will have potential in the future and which would be possible allies.

Now that I notice, it's been a little over 1 day since I've slept properly, I think I'll take advantage of the protection I have now and sleep until Konan wakes up and then start her training.

It would be nice if I had some convenient sixth sense at this point in case some lucky person manages to get into this cave or some animal gets close to us.

[Nv.1 alarm mode activated]

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS PLOT SHIELD?

'sage one what is alarm mode?'

alarm mode Nv.1: A mechanism that notifies the user if anything comes within 100 meters of where Mr. Hiro is].

Another mechanism that was hidden within this system. I wonder what other hidden functions and convenient surprises it has yet to show me.

Noticing something else, he said this is Nv.1 so that means there are other levels, right?

[the other levels will remain inaccessible until Mr. Hiro really needs them].

I got it, I don't know if this system is cautious of me or overprotective.

[I think an overprotective AI Mr. Hiro]

I know...anyway, I'll enjoy this momentary peace and sleep until Konan wakes up.

 ----------------------------// ----------------------------

(3rd person short POV)

In some cave in the middle of the land of Amegakure, a blue-haired girl opened her eyes, revealing her amber pupils. She was dressed in a tattered, muddy beige dress. She blinked her eyes a few times until she remembered where she was and what had happened before she fell asleep and now, she didn't know how to face the boy whose name she doesn't even know, but who saved her from dying a horrible and lonely death.

She stood up and looked around to see where he was. When he appeared in her field of vision. The boy was sitting on the ground and leaning against a rock as he slept next to her.

To the girl, his sleeping face was cute and fascinated her for some reason she didn't know. She felt like staring for hours and hours at that sleeping face, and she didn't seem to get tired of it.

And so, she crawled over and began to approach the boy who was sleeping peacefully in the cave. Coming closer to the boy, she began to stare at his sleeping face, while keeping an inexpressive face.

She felt an almost uncontrollable urge to want to squeeze his chubby cheeks too hard. She gave in after a while, but when her hand touched his cheek her light green eyes opened and stared into his amber ones.

(End of POV)

 ----------------------------// ----------------------------

I was sleeping peacefully when a message with the robotic voice of the system echoed in my mind.

[Hostility directed at Mr. Hiro from less than 1 meter away]

I hurriedly woke up and opened my eyes. When I looked forward, I saw a hand caressing my cheeks and amber-colored eyes and an inexpressive face staring back at me.

I wasn't sure what she was trying to do, but I felt a cold sweat trickle down my back as I thought about what would have happened to my cheek if I hadn't woken up.

"what are you doing?" I asked with a forced smile on my face.

"trying to squeeze your cheek" she said while keeping an inexpressive face

"I understand..."

Resolving to ignore that for now, I put my focus on something else surprising. Something that caught my attention the most was the notification appearing on top of her head.

[This character wishes to join the group; accept her?]

I didn't understand the meaning of this so I asked the owner of the notification directly.

'sage one, what is it?'

[you plan to travel with her from now on, right Mr. Hiro?]

'yes'

[in that case, you can form a group with each other and enjoy the system privileges together, but it will have a more limited version].

'why do you talk as if the system is not you?'

Because I am the auxiliary AI of the breathing system Mr. Hiro, I am here to teach you how to use it to your advantage. So, I'm not the system, I'm the wise man who teaches you how to use it Mr. Hiro].

'this is a new one for me and for the readers too, why didn't you tell us this before?'

[none of you asked me]

'*sigh* Anyway, I won't get bored with that now. What advantages does the system offer for both of us?'

[You will be able to know each other's locations at any time, as well as send messages over distance to communicate. She will also be able to view her own status and Mr. Hiro will be able to transfer things to her].

'will she be able to use the other skills like item box and inspection as well?'

[no, by herself she will only be able to do the tracking, communication and status functions. But she will have an ejection mode that will teleport her to Mr. Hiro if she is in a near death situation].

 'can the group be broken up at any time?'

[No, only when one of the two dies].

'why?'

[The group will be formed in the form of a blood contract between the members of this group, so they will be physically connected.]

'got it, thanks for the explanations sage'

[any time Mr. Hiro].

I will discuss this with her when we leave the cave, this is a very heavy decision to make when we don't even know our names. Of course, I already know hers, but she doesn't know that, so we are complete strangers.

Turning my attention back to her, I decided to start the introductions.

"I think it's a little late to introduce ourselves, but my name is Tsuna Hiro, I'm 10 years old, and I'm from Amegakure. Take good care of me from now on. " I said extending my hand for a handshake.

"My name is Konan, I'm 12 years old, and I'm from Amegakure. Take care of me too. " she said, squeezing my hand.

"wow, I thought you were younger than me, but it looks like I'm going to be the younger brother here haha"

"then I'll be your one-sama!" she said with a determined look, but with an inexpressive face.

"Okay, let's eat for now and slowly get you back into shape"

"Hmm" she said while nodding her head 

"This cave has a strong barrier around it. We'll stay here safely until you recover and get fit or our supplies run out. But if we save up a little, we'll be able to stay here for a few weeks.

I take my dried meats and two bowls of water from my box of items, and it seems Konan has gotten used to this as she doesn't seem surprised. Giving her 10 dried meats and a bowl of water, we start eating and hydrating ourselves.

After we finished eating, we rested and talked nonsense to each other while sitting on the ground next to the fire. After a few minutes of talking, I decided it was time to start his chakra training.

"Now we will start your chakra control training, I will inject my chakra into you and try to move it around inside you, but I need you to stay calm and trust me so there will be no failures"

After receiving a nod in confirmation, I began infusing my chakra into his chakra channels and was controlling him from the inside. This requires a lot of concentration from me and a single slip can be a fatal blow. I was able to achieve this level of control because she and I have very little chakra at the moment so it's easier to guide it precisely through the channels.

After about 2 hours, I managed to finish the whole process. It would have been much easier if I had a parchment to make it guide by itself, but I have no ink and no paper with me so I have to do the riskiest method in this situation.

"I feel something warm running through my body" she said slightly surprised

"Yes, that's your chakra circulating through your body"

"so, this is chakra...am I a ninja now?" she asked with a confused expression

"haha, no you are not yet, you need to learn to control it to be considered one. Try to move that energy through every corner of your body as you please."

After a few minutes she said "it's harder than I thought" while panting slightly.

And so, Konan's training began...

35