Chapter 08 – Test (Part 1)
1.2k 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 [Group was formed           

 Group name: Golden Union

 Members: Tsuna Hiro (Admin); Konan

 Member Status:

Name: Tsuna Hiro                                        Name: Konan

Race: Human                                                Race: Human

Age: 10 years                                                 old Age: 12 years old

Rank: Genin                                                  Rank: Genin

Classification: D                                          Classification: D -

Status: Normal                                            Status: normal       

Lv: 2                                                              Lv: 1      

HP: 8/8                                                       HP: 7/7        

Exp:10/30                                                  Exp: 0/20

Attack: 11                                                    Attack: 8                         

Defense: 10                                                Defense: 6       

Chakra: 12                                                 Chakra: 10

Agility: 16                                                  Agility: 12           

Resistance: 13                                          Resistance: 9         

Functions: Group chat; location map; sharing]

"What's that?" She asked while maintaining her surprised expression

"I don't know what it is either, I think it's because of the contract" I said giving a wry smile.

She stared at me for a while and clearly isn't believing me. But what can I do? I can't tell her about the system yet.

Ignoring the previous subject, she asked "Golden union? Really?" as she continued to stare at me with her usual inexpressive face.

I'm sorry dear readers if the name sucks, but I think it represents what I wanted it to mean. I think this group will be very useful for us from now on and it also means that we won't be splitting up anytime soon.

Ignoring his question regarding the name I said "Remember what I said before? It shows our strength, lets us know our locations and lets us share things" I said as I continued to stare at the screen and tried to change the subject.

"we're both at a genin level, but I still think we could only beat one if we fight together and put together a strategy before a battle. We still don't know ninjutsu so we have to train more to compensate That" I said pretending I didn't know this information before

"Yes!" she said with a determined look on her face. I just hope she doesn't turn into a workout junkie

Then we started testing the functions. The screen was branched and we each saw the same screen but with only our own statuses instead of both of us at the same time. Then we clicked on the group chat icon and a semi-transparent black screen appeared in front of us.

"I think this is where we can communicate" I said as I tried to find a way to send a message. After a few moments we found out that we just had to think of the words we want to send and the message would be sent.

"Did something appear there?" asked Konan as she looked towards her screen.

"Yes..." she replied as she began to think about the message she wanted to send.

Then a message came to me 'hello' was what was written. What seemed stranger about this function was that the messages on my screen were in English, and on Konan's screen it was also in English, but she shouldn't know that language, so can each of us see it in a way that is more convenient for ourselves?

Whether in different ways or not, this confirms that we can communicate at any time with this. There was also a phone icon in the corner of the screen, but we will leave that function for another time.

"Let's check the other functions" I spoke to Konan.

"Right" She replied.

Then we both clicked on the {X} icon in the top right corner of the chat screen and went back to the previous window. This time we both clicked on the {Location Map} option and a map with two blue dots in front of us appeared.

The map was a geographical map that only showed the name of Amegakure which was the place we were in, and the two blue dots which is probably the two of us. And above the dots are our names and a green bar that apparently is our HP.

Next to it were 2 options. The first one said {GPS} and the second one said {enemies}.

By clicking the first option, a red line was drawn between me and Konan. I guess that's for reaching each other in case we get separated. I don't know if we'll use it much, but an extra option is never too much.

Then I clicked on the second option and the map was zoomed in and several red dots appeared in what I think was the direction of my old village. They also have HP bars, but no name, I think it's because I didn't know them.

I think this option will be used a lot everywhere I go to find out who has or has had bad intentions against me. So far, this map has proven to be the most useful for the situation we are in.

After checking the map, we decided to test the sharing. We both clicked at the same time and a search bar appeared, but there was no keyboard for us to type something either. So, I tried to use the same method as the group chat.

So, I thought about my Kenjutsu knowledge and a suggestion popped up below the search bar.

[Kenjutsu (beginner); would you like to share it?]

I thought 'share' in my mind and just then a notification appeared on Konan's screen.

[Tsuna Hiro wishes to share skill {kenjutsu (beginner)} wish to accept it?]

"speak 'yes' or think you want to accept the ability" I spoke.

[completing sharing...successfully completed]

After a few moments she said "It seems like I've known all this forever" with a slightly surprised expression.

"At first, I didn't really believe what you said, but now I'm totally surprised..." She spoke as she slowly returned to her dull expression.

 ----------------------------// ----------------------------

After a few minutes we decided to start exploring inside the spacious cave. Taking advantage of our campfire, we both made makeshift torches to light the way.

We entered the back of the cave and until then it looked like a normal cave, but for some reason there is ice on the walls, snow falling inside, the floor was frozen and there seemed to be animals swimming under the ice. On the ceiling there were stalactites that looked like crystals so transparent they are.

We were both very cold and the only thing keeping us from losing our senses, is the heat from our torches and our bodies as we were walking glued together so as not to die of cold.

We kept walking until we came face to face with a giant ice door. It was about 20 feet long and as wide as it was big. In the center of it was a huge snowflake design and some ornaments in the upper corners.

"So... what do we do?" I asked confused by the situation.

"I don- I don't know, wh-why do you think- that I Kno-know?" Konan replied with her mouth quivering from the cold.

"It was a rhetorical question..." I said as I continued to scan around.

"Wh-what's a rhetoric?" Konan tilted her head in confusion.

"Never mind, it's nothing..." I answered his question and noticed something in the center of the door.

There was a hole shaped like a palm. Seeing that this is our only hint of what to do, we went towards the hole and put my hand into it.

When I touched the door, it started sucking some of my chakra for a few seconds until it stopped and an ice figure appeared on the right side of the door.

She was a short woman who looked like a fairy, her skin was pale like snow, her hair was white and her eyes looked like crystals, she wore a crystal blue dress and on her head there was a kind of ice crown, on her back there was also a pair of wings that seemed to be made of ice.

"Welcome to the first test of this sacred cave" she said as she bowed her body slightly. Her voice was thin and sounded like a child's voice.

"Test?" I asked.

"Yes, to move on one of you must answer a test if you want to move on" she replied.

"What if we don't want to answer or don't pass the test?"

"You will both die! " she immediately replied with a beautiful yet terrifying smile at the same time as she released her enormous killing intent.

The pressure was so great that we automatically lost our strength in our feet and began to suffocate from not being able to breathe due to the enormous pressure under us. Seeing that we were probably going to die if this continued, she dispersed her killing intent and gave the cute, cute smile she had when she showed herself.

For a being much smaller in size than ours, her killing intent made it seem like she was anything but weak. I think that was her warning that we could be killed at any time she wanted.

 "Now can we start the test?" She asked in a cute little girl voice.

This girl certainly doesn't like to roll over.

"Yes" I replied

"No need to be so tense, you only needed to answer one riddle and you will be able to pass. Both of you will have a single chance to get it right, but whoever gets it wrong will be killed on the spot" she said something quite terrifying in a girlish voice.

"Wait! We each only get one chance and if we make a mistake we will be killed?"

"Exactly, you're deaf?" she asked, in a mockingly angry voice, clearly mocking me.

"Thanks for the compliment" I replied.

"tsk" she said

"We're ready for the test, can you start?" I asked, in a slightly hurried and defiant voice.

"Right, right. The riddle is this 'I am lighter than what I am made of and most of me is hidden. Who am I? '"

Is it lighter than that which is made and is mostly hidden? Is it the smoke? No, it can't be, the smoke is still visible even after ascending into the heavens. Then what would it be? I can't think of anything that fits with the answer for this moment. Could it be something to do with the ice? If so then it makes sense since if it's what I'm thinking then it's something I've only seen in iron country.

"Before we say the answer, I have a question, do we have to speak one at a time?"

"I don't know, did I say that?" she asked, and for a brief moment I saw a glint appear in her eyes.

Ignoring his question, I started to discuss with Konan. After a few minutes of discussion, we came to a conclusion.

"I'm not sure what that is that you said, but I'll take my chances first and if I miss you try to run away from here" She said to me.

"No, I don't intend to send you to your death alone just because of my selfish idea to come in here. If we are going to die, then we will both meet our end here." I replied.

For a moment a slight smile on her face, and she replied "right!" understanding what I meant.

Then we both turned to the fairy and answered at the same time.

"" It's the Iceberg""

The fairy blinked a few times while having a surprised expression on her face.

Recovering from the sudden shock she shouted "HOW DID YOU GET IT HIT!? THAT WAS MY BEST CHARADE!"

"eeerr, some old books of my clan talked that there were several of them in the iron country and since you are made of ice then I thought it would be something related to that..." I said while scratching the back of my head with my hands and gave a wry smile.

"There are several? But master said there weren't that many in this world and few would know what they really look like..." she said with a slight sadness on her face as she quoted her master.

"I never really saw one but I guessed that would be it, actually I just thought it had something to do with ice because that should be a difficult charade and few would remember icebergs"

"Got it..." she said as she cast me a curious look

"You both passed the test so you are free to pass. Take this because after here the situation is annoying" she said and then handed us some sort of cold weather jacket.

Grabbing the jacket in hand, I noticed it was big enough for both of us to take shelter inside. 'I wonder if it's even colder in there than it is here?'

"When you reach a blue area, do not take off that coat if you want to survive" the fairy warned us.

Immediately after she said that, the door opened. Revealing a sight that shocked us both.

Thanks for read this chapter and give me your opinion

29