Chapter 12 – Contract
783 7 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Climbing the stairs while holding Konan's hand, we could already see the light from the entrance. We continued up the stairs until we came face to face with a pitiful scene.

"You dumb dragon, it's obvious they're not going to pass the master's test. This is the master we're talking about!" Said the fairy.

"But they have persisted so long to get here that I bet they can, you dwarf fairy" spoke the dragon.

"So, you want to bet they don't come up here until tomorrow?" said the fairy.

"Hey, hey, what the fuck are you betting on my death? I'm alive and kicking, you fucking fairy dwarf" I said.

"WHAT????" the fairy shouted.

"See! I told you they would get it you dumb fairy!" said the dragon.

"That shit fairy is falling more and more in my concept..." said Konan with a cold look in the fairy's direction.

"BUT HOW!? How did you guys manage to pass the master's test???? It should be the hardest test in the cave!!!"

"We not only passed, but we were asked to form a contract with you and your master said you would know how to do it" I spoke.

"" CONTRACT!?" said both girls.

"Yes, he said to make a contract with you and take you with us if you want to leave here"

"That's right, since you have taken the weapons, we have lost our purpose for staying here..." said the dragon.

They both had different expressions on their faces. The fairy was still surprised, I don't know why, but it made me want to punch her in the head...I think I understand now how Konan feels.

After a few seconds the fairy pulled herself together and said "So we're going to have to babysit for you two? That's okay, I have nothing to do anyway" she said with a smug expression on her face.

'Finally, I will get to see the changes in the world outside' thought the fairy in her mind.

"Tsundere" Konan and I said

"I AM NOT TSUNDERE!!!" Said the angry fairy

"Etoo... Do we have to be with you all the time?" The dragon asked.

"If you don't want to go with us or have a way to come back here whenever you want then no, but your master said to form a contract with you two so that we can use the maximum power of the weapon if needed" I replied.

"Then it's not a problem, I can move by myself through the cracks in space that I create. So, I can stay here with my things and come to you in case I get lonely..." said the dragon.

"Are you a neet?" I asked.

"What is neet?" The dragon tilted his head.

"Never mind, what about you fairy?" I asked the arrogant fairy.

"I will go with you two and come back here from time to time to check on the state of things in the cave" she said.

"Can you also do the same thing as her?" Konan asked.

"No, but as much as it doesn't look like it, I can fly very fast" said the fairy with her usual smug smile.

"Right, right, by the way there is one thing we never ask, what are their names?"

"Don't we have one?" Said the dragon tilting his head.

"Really, Hamura didn't even bother to name you guys?" I asked.

Immediately after I said this, the expression on their faces fell into total sadness. Almost completely different from their previous expressions.

"Our master spent most of his time making the weapons for the humans and didn't pay much attention to his handmaidens. The only time we saw him being considerate to us was when he left us behind for the purpose of protecting his weapons." Said the dragon with a melancholy expression.

"He also separated us from our sisters, but left us in pairs so we wouldn't be totally alone" said the fairy.

"I'm sorry about that..." I said

So that means there are 12 other minions protecting the other weapons. I need to gather a team of people to wield these weapons so that we don't have to suffer so much from the Otsutsuki threat.

"So, can we pick their names?" Konan asked, leaving the dragon and fairy duo surprised.

"I would love to!!!" Said the dragon.

"Humph, I will allow you to have that privilege" said the tsundere fairy.

"Then I will choose the one with the idiot dragon and Hiro will choose the one with the tsundere fairy" said Konan.

"Right, right" I replied

"You rape us even in the most embarrassing moments" said the dragon

"NO DOUBLE SENTENCE AGAIN!" I shouted.

"Anyway, shall we form the contract? By the way, what contract is this?" I asked

"It is a master-servant contract, each of you will be the master of one of us two and you can give us orders, but we have the power to limit the power of your weapons or take away the limitation when we think it is necessary" said the fairy.

"I see...so can we do it soon? I don't want to uncontrol the power of this weapon by accident and damage myself, as much as I felt stronger the moment, I got it" I said.

[Mr. Hiro actually got a stat boost thanks to the fusion with the new weapon and an unopened reward due to the previous achievement]

The wise man interposed 

Just as I had imagined. But I won't look at the improvements and rewards now, I'll take a closer look when I have more time.

A few moments later, both girls finished drawing two unknown symbols on the ground and then stood right in the middle of them.

"Which of You will be my master?" The fairy asked.

"I guess I? Since I'm going to choose your name, then it would make more sense?" I said

"Yes, I couldn't handle an arrogant little fairy" Konan spoke up.

"WHO'S THE FAIRY, YOU DWARF!?" Said the fairy who became cuter as she became angry.

"Calm down, calm down..." said the dragon with a wry smile on her face as she tried to appease the two.

"Anyway, let's get started right away, what do we have to do?" I asked

"You have to put some of your chakra inside the contract circle. After that we will be connected to your chakra. And should you die we will both lose our life force as a consequence." Said the fairy.

"Does that mean the contract can't be broken?" Konan asked with her usual inexpressive face, but with curious eyes.

"Yes, only if you both die. Then I hope you two manage to survive" said the dragon.

"Why did you talk as if we had to protect ourselves?" I asked.

"Because our strength will be reduced because you two are too weak. Our original strength is only great because it was our old master who created us. So, we can't protect you all the time" said the fairy.

"*sigh* it's okay, it's not like from the beginning we were expecting protection" I spoke

The next moment Konan and I moved our hands into the circle and poured our chakra into them. Immediately after that, the circle glowed red.

"Say our names" they both said.

"Your name will be Yuki" I said

"Stupid dragon" said Konan

"PLEASE TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!!! " shouted the desperate dragon that resembled Aqua from konosuba.

"Sona" said Konan.

After we said that, the light stopped shining and a red mark with a snowflake symbol appeared on the back of my hand. I turned to look at Konan and saw a flame symbol on the back of her hand as well.

Apparently, the contract has been finalized, so I think it's about time we left this cave for a while. We won't get strong enough if we stay trapped in here forever.

"Well, did you guys like the names?" I asked

"Humph, you're lucky that's a nice name for me" Yuki said.

"Really, you can't say thank you even once?" I ask.

"You insolent worm!!!!*sigh* all right, you win. THANK YOU!!!" Yuki shouted with a face slightly red with embarrassment.

"You're welcome, Yuki!" I spoke.

"Etoo...why 'Sona' Konan-san?"

"Because it was the first one that came to mind!"  Konan replied.

"Eeeeeeh??? Why!? It was supposed to be an important name!!!" Sona said as a tear threatened to fall from her eyes.

"*sigh* I shouldn't have even bothered to pick a name for you. You almost killed Hiro just a few hours ago!" Konan said with an annoyed look on her face.

"You are very evil Konan-san!!!" Sona said.

"Humph" Konan said.

Watching this scene, I held back a little laughter for the revenge Konan gave Sona, but I still laughed a little.

After that we decided to go back to the garden to eat something and clean ourselves up. Apparently, there is an artificial lake in a place inside the garden, so we decided to go there after we ate something.

Still on the way, I held Konan's hand while whispering something in her ear.

"Did you really choose that name because there's nothing special about it?" I asked whispering in his ear.

A slight smile formed on her lips "I think you noticed..." she said whispering back

"That is the name of my cousin who helped me escape when my clan was attacked. Except for my parents, she was the relative I liked the most within the clan." She said with a somewhat sad expression.

"It's going to be okay from now on. Let's take care of each other and get stronger so we don't lose anyone else" I said while patting his head.

"Um" she nodded as she had an affectionate smile on her face and increased the strength of her grip on my hand.

18