Chapter Three
229 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He bowed to the old master “I was only able to get half a billion in cash, the rest was made up with the jade from the safe and a bit of gold. I also brought the papers you had asked me to gather earlier and the other documents.” as he said this he placed the suitcase down and passed the stack of papers to the old man.

The old master nodded and took the stack before he looked at the woman and signaled for her to sit. “I already handled the formalities, as long as you sign this you won’t have anything to do with this family. We won’t bother each other and even in a case of life and death neither is responsible for the other.” The man spoke as he observed the girl, but without a single reaction, she leaned down and signed each document.

When she was done she went into the bag and took out all her identification and passed it over to the man, everything looked the same except for the change in name. Instead of Tung Yawen, all the papers were marked with Xue Yawen, the woman looked at them and nodded before putting the documents away. She didn’t cast a glance at anyone in the room as she used her jacket to strap the child to her and picked up the suitcases.

She took steady strides as she left the room and went straight out of the mansion not bothering to go upstairs and take any of the things. Those things belonged to Tung Yawen but she was Xue Yawen, thus they had nothing to do with her. Xue Yawen smiled and dropped the key for the Maybach on the road as she walked away, she went out of the suburb and hailed a cab.

She told the driver to find her a hotel far away from the suburb, at first, the man acted as if it was a burden until she promised him extra. He drove and a while later she paid and then went up to book the room for the night. She went around the room and then placed the boy on the bed, with a snap of her fingers her appearance changed.

She became instantly breathtaking, her features taking those of a lofty phoenix, even her hair grew out, hanging below her ass, and was dyed black. She looked at the boy and with a glance, his messy clothes were changed and he became clean as the scent on him vanished. A bottle of milk appeared in her hands and she went over and sat down, she held the baby gently and fed him with the milk.

The little one sucked on the bottle as if his life depended on it, he drained it to its last drop in no time so the bottle vanished and another one that was filled with milk took its place. Xue Yawen watched as the baby drank and drank before he finally stopped as the bottle reached halfway. The bottle vanished again and she leaned him on her and burped him, when she was done she looked at the bed and a small baby bed appeared on it.

She eased him into it and watched him as he slept, Xue Yawen yawned and sat down “these mortals bodies are so god damned weak, I only used a bit of power and I already want to sleep. If this damn place didn’t place a restriction on me then I would have already wiped out that luck stealer. But why waste the time, even if he successfully stole my child’s luck in this life he would suffer for it in the rest.

If I hadn’t grown tired of watching my children die so pathetically the I wouldn’t have come here, but with this little power, I can do whatever I wish in this world. The only thing…” she hummed as she looked at the sleeping baby “I can’t let you get affected by it so I need to become an old master using the methods of these pathetic mortals.”

Xue Yawen sighed and then snapped her fingers, she changed from the clothes she had been running around in all day to a silk nightgown. She looked at all the windows, they all shut, their locks clicking in place before she shifted next to the child and closed her eyes. As she fell asleep she couldn’t help but dream of her kingdom and her loyal subjects that waited for her return.

*

The next day Xue Yawen woke up and looked at the small baby, he had quietly slept through the night but woke up with the sun. He blinked drowsily and then looked at her, due to the milk his swallow and malnourished features had regained their vitality overnight. His body was no longer weak, all the hidden injuries were gone and his mind that had been fading was now back and in full action.

His cheeks jiggled as he reached out to touch Xue Yawen’s face, she smiled and allowed him to hold her finger. A gentle smile gracing her face “I had given you life in both of your lives, in the first I had to watch you die and this life it was almost the same. Mother is sorry for letting you down, in this life I shall make up for it all and make sure you live a very happy life.”

She spoke softly and took the child from the baby bed, she held him and got up to go look out the window, and she looked at the sunrise and smiled. “You will live well this life with my help and then you will join me in our kingdom with your other siblings, they are all watching over you.” She kissed him again and rocked him gently. “How about I bless you with a name, I’m not the best at giving names so you’ll have to put up with it for this life and when you go to the kingdom the fountain shall grant you your name.”

The baby smiled in reaction to her voice and she rocked him. “How about Xue He-Wen, from now one you shall be Xue He-Wen.”

7