Chapter Five
185 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xue Yawen chuckled slightly to herself “maybe I should have thought of this before I got on the plane, but then again something was nagging me that if I didn’t leave at that time it would have been troublesome” she sighed slightly and tapped her head “… was it the heroine, the pestilence or that world crosser?”

She mumbled to herself and then thought for a moment before shaking her head with a laugh. “In the end, it doesn’t really matter, I’ve left that place and have no intention of going back, they hold no power over me” she looked down at He-Wen and smiled “over us.”

Xue Yawen hummed as she thought for a while before she nodded “if I’ll be studying there then it’s best to change the currency to Euro’s instead of dollars, nothing that can’t be fixed.” She looked at the money that had now changed and nodded. “Now for me to enter that institute there are certain things I must have, I could always just create them but what’s life without a bit of challenge.

I’ll just go ahead and add my name, the next test for each of these documents will have my name, sorry to the person that got booted… not really.” She chuckled and stopped mumbling as she sensed approaching footsteps. She lowered her divider and looked at stewardess that asked if she would like any beverages. Xue Yawen smiled “cranberry juice.”

She was handed a wine glass filled with cranberry juice and looked at it weirdly before thanking the stewardess and sending her off. Xue Yawen pulled up the divider and looked at her glass, soon a certain scent wafted from the glass and she laughed slightly. “Since I’m now a mother I can’t have people seeing me drinking while in your presence, it won’t be good if I’m misjudged by certain people, but in the end, I’m a goddess and what I love the most, aside from my children, is wine.”

As Xue Yawen became relaxed, thirteen hours of flight time seemed to flash by and soon she was exiting the plane with He-Wen tucked securely in his sling. The baby that had spent most of the flight sleeping was very much awake and excited to take in the new sights around him. He babbled and bounced causing Xue Yawen to laugh gently and pat his hair that had spiked up.

The baby cooed at his mother’s gentle touch and calmed down a little, she moved around customs, and once again some sorry bloke lost his ticket as she boarded a connected flight to Rome, Italy. Though the flight was almost as long as the one she had taken to America, Xue Yawen hadn’t become too bothered. She enjoyed her time on the flight looking after He-Wen, leisurely drinking wine and eating food, and resting when she wished.

The family of two soon arrived at their destination, and after going through the necessary procedure Xue Yawen left the airport. Instead of the sundress, she was wearing jeans, a burgundy sweater, and an accompanying leather jacket and boots. She smiled and put on her shades before looking at He-Wen who had also been changed to match with her, she once again rubbed his head and left butterfly kisses on his face.

The affectionate actions of the mother and child were seen by those around them and the passersby couldn’t help but smile, while a few snapped pictures of the pair. As Xue Yawen stood playing with He-Wen they were approached by a young man, he seemed a bit embarrassed as he spoke in English with his Italian mixed in.

Xue Yawen smiled at him and soon fluent Italian left her lips “yes it’s okay that you have taken the picture and yes I would like a copy, it can be the first memory I made with my child in this lovely country.”

The young man laughed and then marveled at her “if you hadn’t told me I would have thought you’d lived in Italy all your life because of your accent.”

Xue Yawen laughed and shook her head “no I only just came here in order to go to school, but since I wanted to be prepared I had been studying the language for a few years. But it seems I came a little early, the classes won’t commune until January, so what can I do.”

The young man laughed. “There are lots of things you can do here in Italy and even if your school hadn’t started as yet you can still attend supplement classes. That way by the time it starts you will be well acquainted with your teachers and the learning environment. Many of the successful persons had done the same no matter the school, you always make sure to work harder.”

Xue Yawen nodded and the man paused for a second before laughing shyly. “By the way, my name is Celesto Amante, what is yours?”

Xue Yawen stretched out her hand to shake his “in my country I would go by Xue Yawen, but here it would go as Yawen Xue and my son is He-Wen Xue. But I did think about getting Italian names for us, maybe I’ll get them before I start school.”

Celesto licked his lips and smiled at her “if you don’t think it’s rude of me, I can give you a suggestion for your name.” Xue Yawen looked at him and tilted her head slightly before nodding. “Well I think the name Venetia suits you very well and since you are his mother he should be called Fortino because he’s very fortunate to have you.”

Xue Yawen laughed slightly and then shook Celesto’s hand again “Hello Celesto Amante, my name is Venetia Xue and this is my son Fortino Xue.”

Celesto smiled slightly and nodded “well since I can see you just arrived, what are your plans, maybe you can use the help of a local.”

Xue Yawen nodded “that would be good indeed, first of all, I need to find a good house or apartment near the school that is also close to a mall or something where I can go to buy the things I need. After which I would need a vehicle and sadly I don’t have a phone right now, there is so much to do I would really appreciate your help.”

Celesto nodded and smiled brightly “And I would be happy to help.”

7