Chapter Seven
160 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days later Xue Yawen looked at He-Wen who began fussing as he was handed over to the nanny, tears rested on the reddened rims of his eyes. His little whimpers hurt the heart of both her and the nanny but she could only sigh and kiss him. She patted his head and smiled softly. “Mama also doesn’t want to go, but there are certain things that need to be handled for us to live well. I promise after a few days I’ll be free and then we’ll spend the next few months, with just the two of us but you need to be ready for when I have to go to school.”

After consoling him as much as possible. Xue Yawen walked out of the apartment as she frowned because of his echoing cries. She bit her lip and exited the building tapping the wall as she did, it vibrated slightly before it stopped. She had left a trace of her power in the building in order to protect him in case of anything, even the toys he played with all had her mark on them. She had done this because she just couldn’t rest easy if he wasn’t around her and since he couldn’t go with her then her only other option was to leave her mark.

She sighed and walked to the road and hailed a cab, while they had been working on the apartment, with Celesto’s help she was able to settle her documents. Things such as her declaration of Value and academic suitability certificates had already been approved by the embassy, her student visa and residence permit had been approved. Now today she just needed to take an exam to test her fluency in Italian and English, she could just do one or the other but she felt that she might need both in the future so made the decision to get it out of the way.

She had mingled with the exam so she could do both exams today and then get the results sooner than it usually came out, her attendance was just a formality to clean up any unfavorable evidence. The two exams were held in the morning one only separated by an hour, when the people at the location heard this they felt sorry for her. The exams could be very stressful depending on the person, so doing one after the other was almost guaranteed to make the person fail.

Xue Yawen ignored them and got her exams done, a while later she left the building and headed back home, after receiving the results she could officially sign up for the January admission. She could do an earlier sign in but she wanted to spend some time with her youngest child. At the thought, a bright smile came to her face stunning a few people that walked by.

An older man sitting in the back of an armored car looked at her and arched his brow “a familiar face in a foreign country, the two of us keep running into each other… maybe it’s faith.” The old man mumbled to himself and the secretary sitting next to him followed the sight of the old man and a stunned look appeared on his face. The old man noticed this and laughed “find her for me, don’t bring any harm to her, I just want to know her information… oh she should have an infant with her.” After he said this the secretary got out of the car.

Walking not too far away a smile came across Xue Yawen’s face “the fate of this world is really persistent, it seems I have no choice but to get entangled with that old man. But this time I’ll make sure it doesn’t end the way it did in the original, let that little vixen go find another spare tire, if she comes near my son I’ll rid this world of her existence.”

A sinister look flashed across her eyes before she hailed a cab, a while later she entered the building and went up to her apartment, as soon as she knocked the nanny opened the door. The poor woman looked so tired and held a forced smile, Xue Yawen could only shrug sheepishly and pay her extra before sending her on her way.

She walked over to a teary-eyed He-Wen that laid on his back, he whimpered as he looked up at his mother and reached out to her. Xue Yawen picked him up and gently swayed with him. “Such a naughty child, causing so much trouble for the nanny that just wanted to take care of you. What trouble are you going to make when I need to leave for an entire day to attend my classes, it’s not like I can give up everything just to spend time with you.”

The baby whimpered at his mother’s soft voice, tears streaking down his face as he buried it in the crook of her neck. Xue Yawen sighed and placed a kiss on his head of soft hair before she continued to sway with him, allowing the little one to drift off into a peaceful sleep. Xue Yawen held him to her as she used her powers to clean up the mess in the house, when she was done she sat down by the window and let the warm rays shine down on her and her child.

For the next few days, Xue Yawen didn’t leave her baby’s side, even when she went out to get her result and enroll in a certain university he followed her. She was praised for having such a lovely and cheerful baby, people appreciated her even more because even though she was young her child was well behaved. Most of what they thought wasn’t true but it didn’t stop a certain goddess from feeling overflowing pride.

They finished the procedure and just as she exited the building she was stopped by a middle-aged man that was clearly a butler. “Good afternoon Ms. Xue, I’m Shin Han the butler of Old Master Shin, he wishes to see you.” Xue Yawen looked at him and furrowed her brows but nodded and got into the car, it was about time that old master made contact with her.

 

6