Chapter Nine
139 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a tall company building in the middle of Shanghai, a young man stood looking out the window at a few he had seen too many times. His back was facing his secretary that stood not too far away reading a report to him. The young man listened intently his eyes squinting as he frowned deeply, he sighed and then turned around to look at the secretary.

“Is it true?” The secretary paused and then looked at him in puzzlement. “The document you sent to me last night, it stated she became the only daughter of the Shin Conglomerate. The baby I had seen that day had only been adopted by her and now he is the legal heir of the Shin family. Is everything in that report true?!” With every word he had spoken his voice grew louder until he snapped, pelting the papers he held in his hand to the ground.

His secretary was startled by her boss’s actions but dare not show it, over the past few months after his sister left he had become more and more volatile. He was like a landmine that would go off at the slightest breeze, the victims of his anger were all of the people that had cursed and targeted the abandoned daughter of the Tung family.

As she thought of this the secretary became thankful that she never messed with that star of misfortune, she didn’t want to think about the ending of the people that had, especially that fake princess and her lover. She took a breath and calmed herself down before she stood still and spoke in a firm tone. “Yes young master Tung, everything reported was true, I had triple-checked it myself, Xue Yawen is in good hands.”

Young Master Tung, Tung Yun-Wen, was only sixteen years old this year and the sole heir to the Tung empire. He was born a genius that had the ability to learn far beyond his years and graduated ahead of his peers. Because of his mind, he had matured faster than his older sister. Because of this he treated her like his younger sister, took care of her, and spoiled her as he saw fit.

In the original tale, he wasn’t involved with the heroine but was the strongest backing of the princess of the Tung family, because of this he would sometimes lend a hand to the heroine. But in the second version because of the golden finger of the world crosser, he became his precious sister’s downfall. The things he had done to her in the second version could never be said, and even when she died he didn’t bother to even hold a funeral for her.

Those things written in the second version would have continued to repeat themselves, they only came to an end and deviated because of Xue Yawen’s arrival. The world crosser’s gold finger only worked well when the Tung family’s princess acted as her foil, but because of Xue Yawen, the princess was no longer there. The minds of the Tung family, the mind of the heroine, the hero, and the other characters cleared up, and they swiftly unleashed their anger unto the world crosser, who was nothing without her golden finger.

The knowledge of what the tale was supposed to be like originally flooded into their minds along with the information for the second version. The knowledge of what they had done and how deeply they had hurt and ruined the little princess caused them to drown in regret. They searched desperately for her information only to come to find the princess was living in the light under the protection of someone else.

They looked on and couldn’t find it in themselves to bring her back to them, they thought that since they all knew then she would have known. All the filthy and unforgivable things they had done to her were too much and so they made the decision to watch from the shadows. They would protect her well so that she could live her life as a princess once again, even if she wasn’t theirs.

Out of all the characters the one with the most regret, a regret that burned into the depths of his soul and brought him many nightmares even in the day, was Tung Yun-Wen. Even the others that had harmed the little princess chose to stay away from him because of the twisted things he had done.

He could only dive further into shadows, it took him longer to find the information on the little princess, but when he did he couldn’t believe it. So every day he would stand by the window, overlooking a view that made his heart empty as the secretary assured him that his little princess was living well. At the reassurance he calmed down and walked over to his seat, he looked at the picture of his sister’s lovely smile and let out a laugh that held unreadable emotions before turning in his work.

*

Thousands of miles away in the city of Rome, Xue Yawen who had broken the tragic cycle, without her own knowledge, let out a yawn as she slowly got out of bed. She stood up and went over to the crib that sat in the corner of the room, in the crib the now fourteen-month-old He-Wen laid wide awake. A joyous smile came to his face when his mother came into view, he bounced in happiness as he was taken into his mother’s arms causing her to let out a gentle smile.

“Mama…ma.” His milky voice called out and Xue Yawen couldn’t help but cover him in kisses.

She walked out of the room with him and went over to open the curtains. “Today mama needs to attend the admission for the school, so you will have to stay by your grandfather today.” As she spoke she looked out at the snow-covered streets of Rome. “It snowed last night, so it should be colder than usual, let’s get you into something warmer today.”

He-Wen cooed and peacefully went along with his mother as she got them ready for the day, his favorite thing ever since the first time was to bathe in the spiritual water. In this world where cultivation was impossible, so he didn’t become a cultivator because of the water. Instead, he became healthier with each bath and his skin became better and better.

Even his mind grew more intelligent because of the milk he drank and so he reached his milestones better than other babies his age. Because of this, he could remember the faces of those his mama had marked as good, so he would be peaceful even in their arms. But the minute a stranger that hadn’t been approved by his mama gets close to him, all hell will break loose, because of his strong body his vocal cords were not be underestimated.

7