Book I – Chapter 2
3.2k 17 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting inside of her room, the person known as Aria was going through her memories of this life.

She wondered if it was right to say that she got send here after being run over by a truck, or if she recovered the memories of an alternative universe's Aria after being pushed in a pond.

That aside, she decided to put into order what she knew for sure.

For one, this world was just a game.

Had it been before, she would have been so confused and shocked that she’d start to doubt her existence. However, she was neither merely Aria nor just Louise, and the current her felt little to no surprise at her current situation.

What was important was her current and future situation in <Chrysalis>, the world of Crystal Heart.

Her hand moved with a fast speed as she wrote down everything she could remember about the non-playable-character <Aria Tealeaf>.

Aria was the first daughter of Earl <Edward Tealeaf> and his first and rightful wife, <Ellen Tealeaf>.

However, with the death of her mother during her birth, she had received the scorn and disdain of her father at an early age. Still, she was the sole daughter of the family, so the servants still listened to her and treated her well over the years.

Unfortunately, that changed once his father brought home two concubines and his bastard children.

The innocent and talentless Aria was abused by her siblings, scorned by her stepmothers, and, as the servants took their side, treated terribly by everyone around her.

Her fist clenched around the brush, her fingers almost digging in her flesh. Breathing in and out, she calmed herself down and focused on continuing to write what she could remember.

Funnily, however, there was not a lot left to write down. Even Aria's background was something one could learn by exploring her biography in the character's info but never experience in the game.

Her sole appearance in the game was to cheer on the playable character <Lefya>, telling her things would get better.

“Haha…” She laughed. Now that she thought about it, it was really funny. Maybe, when Aria Tealeaf cheered that girl, she was trying to cheer herself up instead... That really sucked.

“No, there is more, in truth…” She shook her head with a sarcastic smile. “Her name can be found in the monument of meritorious deeds as one of the girl’s ‘gifted’ to the Barbarians in trade of a truce.”

To the very end, Aria was a tragic character whose fate was painful and filled with darkness.

However, she did not care in the least. As Louise, she had not even once believed in fate, why would she now?

This was another life, in a completely new world - a world of magic where she could truly make the sky her playground; why would she be afraid of it?

Grinning, she felt the thrill spread through her whole body like never before. An extra, cannon-fodder character? Haha! She wanted to laugh at those that sent her here.

She was a genius, she was perfection, and she would prove it to them once more!

Knock, knock, knock…

A soft knocking sound threw her out of her reverie. “My lady, may I enter?” An even and respectful voice asked from the other side of the door.

“Hm, go ahead, Marian.” After hiding the paper upon which she had been writing, she shifted her position and stared at the door.

With her approval, a young woman entered the room. Louise judged she should be at the start of the latter half of her twenties, having a nice appearance and youthful face.

Her shiny white hair was tied in a bun behind her back, and a lock of hair laid on her shoulders and rested upon each side of her chest. She looked both mature and charming, leaving Louise astounded for a moment.

What could she do? A beautiful woman in a maid’s outfit was overkill!

“How are you feeling, my lady?” Her expression was as even as her tone when she spoke.

“I am feeling extremely happy.” Just as the maid was showing some doubt, Louise spoke in a merry tone. However, that seemed to confuse her even more. “After all, seeing a beauty like you fills my heart with excitement.”

Louise shook her head and laughed. Maybe that had been a bit too corny, or else the woman’s cold mask would not have cracked up slightly.

“That aside, there is no need to be worried about my physical condition, as I am feeling well right now.” She assured the maid, then, thinking about it, she continued. “But I guess you didn’t come here just to ask me that, right?”

The woman nodded. “You are right, my lady. Dinner will be ready soon; I came to confirm if you wish for me to bring it to you, like always.”

Oh, right, there was that, too. Aria had always been eating alone in her room as a way to avoid her family.

“Hm, I wonder?” Aria smirked slightly and observed the maid from head to toes. “I think I’d rather eat you instead~” Her tone was mischievous and playful as she licked her lips.

Hearing her, however, the maid sighed and face-palmed. “My lady… are you sure you are okay?” Aria could only groan at her words.

Well, what could she do about it? Right now, she was merely twelve years old, how could she expect a gorgeous and mature woman like Marian to feel anything for her? From the start, she had been foolish for trying.

"I am absolutely fine." Scratching her cheek, she continued. "Please do bring in the food, I don't want to sour my mood today." After saying so, she smiled once again. "And it would make me really happy if you could eat with me."

For an instant, Marian seemed ready to refuse. In a world such as this, it was unheard of servants eating together with their masters. However, in the end, she nodded and complied.

Aria could guess what went through her mind at that moment. 'She is not just accepting it as a servant, but as someone who is truly worried and concerned with 'my' well-being.'

After watching the maid leave to bring the food, Aria focused on what she had to do from now on.

There were two things she needed if she wanted to reach the peak: personal power and influence.

In stories, there were all kinds of hidden masters – people of great power that lived low-key lives. However, that was not her cup of tea.

Since she came to such a wondrous world, why would she even want to live like that? Instead, she wanted to enjoy it to the limit and live like a queen.

That being so, she pulled ‘it’ open.

[Character Sheet

Name: Aria Tealeaf

Titles: Earl Tealeaf’s Daughter; The One Abandoned by Fate.

Class: Noble Daughter (1)

Level: 1

Strength: F-

Agility: F-

Vitality: F-

Magic: G

Charisma: F+

Luck: G-]

"Wahh…" Aria could only gawk seeing such a terrible status display.

This was not some sort of gift she received, but something every character in the world of Crystal Hearts had access to from the start of their lives.

For a noble daughter to have such terrible statuses, it wasn’t strange she was the child abandoned by fate.

Nonetheless, Aria did not feel worried in the least. If it was anyone else, maybe they would feel discouraged, but not her. She was twenty-second century’s Earth greatest genius, after all.

‘I invented a Dokodemo Door at eight, so this is child’s play for me~’ Maybe it was not as simple as she made it sound, but who cared?

Then, after a soft knock, Marian made her presence known and entered the room after receiving permission. Aria found it cute how uptight she was.

Instead of focusing on the food, and how fast the maid had been, Aria paid more attention to her beautiful attendant. For some reason, she felt like being spoiled rotten by the older woman right now.

Getting up, she started to walk toward the woman. “Marian~” She spoke in a cutesy tone as she moved, “maybe I was wrong about being okay…” She had to admit it: she was great at acting cute.

“Eh? Where does it hurt?” The white-haired maid immediately became flustered, making her look even more charming.

“I think I can’t move my arms right now, so…” Aria dropped her shoulders, “you will have to feed me~”

The maid immediately calmed down and, as if it was natural to do so, completely ignored Aria and started to arrange the plates at the nearby table.

Aria could only pout at the sight, complaining inwardly about how all her womanly charms had gone away.

Well, there was nothing she could do – for now. That being said, she would enjoy dining together with her gorgeous maid, until she could eat the maid herself~.

And this was Chapter 2, hope you have enjoyed and see you (probably) Friday!

Just as a warning: LitRPG elements are minimal in this story, and are nowhere near the focus. Often times, they will be mentioned but not show up for chapters, and are just a means of comparison. However, since I never plan ahead, there is no saying about how important they will get to be in the future '3'~...

So, yeah, the dokodemo door thing~ do you guys know what it is? It is a Doraemon's shit. Did I watch Doraemon? Hell, no! I do remember, though, that there was this manga about a 'fallen' genius who wanted to make a Dokodemo Door when he was younger (the story is about him becoming a teacher), and I thought - yup, let's make this a genius' bullshit standard.

Yeah, I am an idiot.

Any thoughts about the chapter? Please let me know by commenting! See ya!

123