Book I – Chapter 6
2.5k 33 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The corners of Aria's lips had perked up without her even noticing. Right now, she was so thrilled that it was hard to contain the excitement bubbling up inside her chest.

Running her fingers through the white hair of the maid whose head rested on her lap, she enjoyed the joy of this precious moment.

Anyone would get all fuzzy from having a beautiful woman resting on their lap, and Aria was no exception.

The burning red ears of her maid only added even more charm to the situation, making Aria wish this moment could last for longer.

"To think you'd ask for such a reward, that surprised me!"

Marian did not answer, her face flushing even more as she turned her face, hiding it from view the best she could. It didn't work, though.

"There is no need to be embarrassed. I absolutely love that naughty side of yours too~"

While speaking, Aria’s fingers slowly played with her maid’s ears, before allowing her nails to graze the nape of the maid - sending a shiver down the older girl’s spine.

Soon, though, Aria’s mind wandered away.

She didn't miss Earth, but being like this with Marian reminded her of someone dear. A friend with whom she never managed to cross the threshold because the girl was too dense.

It was only when she felt a hand caressing her face that her attention returned to reality.

Looking down, she saw Marian’s piercing blue eyes gazing at her gently.

"Sorry, I promised you my attention, and yet…"

"No..." Marian shook her head slightly and then hesitated.

"What?"

“It is just that you looked really troubled and sad… did something happen?”

As Aria registered her words, her smile faltered a bit.

“You are imagining things. I was just thinking about what to do tomorrow.”

Marian stared in silence, not pursuing the matter. Deep down, she knew it was not her place to say anything, or look further in this subject.

Nonetheless, she could see that, despite keeping the same expression, Aria’s eyes shimmered with a strange light.

From what she could see, she was indeed thinking about something gloomy but wasn't ready to admit it - not even to herself.

Meanwhile, Aria could see all the changes going through Marian’s face. The maid was always strict and kept a peaceful and expressionless countenance, but her emotions easily fluctuated when it concerned her lady.

“Thanks for worrying about me, but…” Smiling, Aria pinched her small nose. “You don’t have to.”

Marian merely nodded and moved her hands away, although, to be honest, she didn’t agree with Aria’s affirmation.

“Well, let’s forget about that, instead…”

While speaking, Aria’s hand left the maid’s air and made its way toward her chin. Giggling, she then bent forward, bringing her face close to the other girl’s and planting a kiss on her forehead.

“Let me pamper you a bit more.”

Seeing the playful mischievousness returning to her lady’s face, Marian smiled slightly too and then closed her eyes, she wanted to enjoy this moment of peace a bit longer.

— - -

‘I am gorgeous.’

Spinning in front of the mirror, Aria gloated at her own reflection.

The two years of training swordsmanship had built her body to be slim and graceful, enough so that she did not look like a fourteen years old noble lady. Instead, she looked four to five years older.

‘If only these could grow a bit more.’

She reached for her breasts and sighed in disappointment. Even as Louise, she had been flat. Thankfully, this time she was average-sized at least.

Shaking her head, Aria threw those thoughts out of her mind and focused on what she had to do for the day.

And today, she had a very important event to attend…

The family’s dinner.

She had mostly avoided the family for the past two years because she was not ready to face them yet. However, the pieces were falling into place by themselves right now.

Moreover, even if they weren’t, she would still have a few aces in her sleeve.

“That aside, I also need to settle a few things.” Looking out of the window, she thought about the future. “Getting stronger is a given, however, I also need to earn the qualifications to attend the Royal Academy…”

There was a saying in the empire: not all the people that went down in history studied at the academy, but all the ones that studied there were written down in history books.

It was an obvious exaggeration and a shameless advertisement, but there was no doubt that the Royal Academy had the best facilities, the vastest library, and the best teachers in the whole empire.

For that, she’d have to get entangled with her family one way or another. After all, despite being just a prick, the Earl could be quite the obstacle to her plans in this situation.

— - -

The Tealeaf Family had eleven members.

Other than Aria and the Earl, there were the Earl’s two wives – Theresa and Grace. The man also had seven children with his concubines, three girls and four boys.

Aria had learned during the past two years that her oldest siblings were roughly her age, and were the fruits of Earl Edward's… adventures.

As for the youngest, it was a three years old boy that the previous her had never seen.

Standing in front of the door that led to the dining room, Aria stood in silence for a moment.

“Are you sure you want to do that, my lady?” Marian put her embarrassment aside to ask that.

“Yeah. They have enjoyed peaceful meals for far, far too long.” The blond answered seriously, surprising the maid. “That aside, Mary~” However, her serious atmosphere dissipated in an instant, “after we are done with dinner, why don’t we end what we started earlier, but this time in the bed, naked?”

Aria never saw someone turn their head aside so fast. With a deep and crimson blush, the older woman looked anywhere but her face, making Aria smirk.

“Well, don’t feel pressured, after all, I can totally wait, it’s just that…” She paused, trying to agitate the maid, “I don’t know, what if I can’t hold back and push down some random girl?”

Aria watched as the maid's eyes shook slightly, clear evidence that she was affected by her words. She could almost hear the woman's thoughts at that moment…

'With how perverted my lady is, that is indeed a possibility.' Or something like that.

“Haha, I am joking,” saying so, she pushed the door open, and as she was engulfed by the light of the room, she continued, “there is no space in my bed for those cross-breeds~!”

Then, while walking confidently inside, she took a good glance at her surroundings.

Chandeliers and magic-powered lamps, wine-red carpets made of velvet, and furniture made of mahogany. Some way or another, it gave her a very 'middle-ages' vibe.

'Well', she mused, 'I guess there were fewer sources of illumination during that period of history'. She could not help but shake her head at the random thought.

To be honest, she had no interest in this family.

Only Nephrite's and Grace's faces were clear to her. The rest were merely a blur without any particular characteristics - passerby she would forget once she was gone from here.

Suddenly, she saw everyone on the table get up as the sound of the doors opening echoed behind her. Aria did not even need to look to know who it was.

After all, there was only a single person in this estate that would be treated with such decorum and respect.

"Lord husband!" Her two stepmothers bowed slightly while wearing pleasant smiles.

After them, it was her siblings’ turn to bow down and greet the ‘almighty’ Earl Edward Tealeaf.

Seeing a few eyes fall upon her, Aria found it funny. Were they truly expecting her to get up and greet him? Maybe the previous Aria would have done so, but her?

Yawning with an exaggerated motion, she sent them a provocative glance.

Seeing them getting triggered with just that, she knew she didn't need to worry about the Tealeaf Family.

Neither the brats nor the prideful older women could cause her any trouble. That said, it wasn't surprising their role in the game was minimal.

Not minding the hostile glances sent in her direction, Aria winked at Nephrite, whose seat was right next to her mother - Theresa.

The girl was the only one that gazed at her with no animosity. Instead, her eyes twinkled with interest and just a bit of worry.

She was still too young to be able to conceal all her emotions.

Not long after the Earl’s arrival, servants walked in from a side door, bringing all kinds of plates and utensils.

Aria had to admit that they had been trained well as they did not make a single sound as they moved. Elegant and flawless movements, and perfect posture.

The gaze of her relatives left her as they focused on the succulent meat and fresh vegetables. All kinds of different dishes had been prepared to make this a sumptuous meal.

Aria wasn’t really surprised when, after putting down all the dishes, no one served her. In truth, the dishes were so far from her seat that even if she wanted, she would be unable to get it easily.

Nonetheless, the smile she had been wearing did not falter.

She knew from the start that those pricks would not just let her have a happy a peaceful meal. In the first place, her goal had never been to eat with them.

Just as she was entertained musing about that, a passing servant placed some cutleries and a bowl in front of her.

Aria’s eyes scanned the servant - a brown-haired maid with a haughty complexion - and then went toward the content of the bowl.

'I wonder who was the asshole behind this.'

She didn’t even frown at the murky and brown liquid that had been placed in front of her. Sure, it smelled like rotten eggs and looked like some sort of viscous excrement, but she was not someone with a weak stomach and heart.

However, if they wanted to play, she’d gladly entertain them.

At the same instant she caught sight of the liquid, her arm lashed out and grabbed the maid by the wrist.

“Ah!”

The yelp of surprise from the woman made eyes fall upon Aria once more, most of them filled with mockery.

Nephrite had a lifted eyebrow as she watched everything from the side of her mother. However, her interest wasn't so great that she’d go out of her way and try to lend Aria a hand.

Their relationship had not gone so far yet.

Aria didn't mind it. Instead, while still grabbing the maid's hand, she looked toward her dear father. His eyes were placid as he stared straight at her, the cogs in his head spinning as he wondered what she was going to do.

"It looks like this house's pets have not been trained well."

Her voice grew an octave colder as she did not break eye contact with the Earl.

“Therefore, let me teach you how to discipline them properly!”

Okay, I struggled a bit with the fact this chapter was divided in 3 parts. It feels stale, somehow. That aside, I just love writing Aria x Marian moments, I love the dynamic between them! Particularly so because Marian’s feelings toward Aria are not really sexual. Although she gets embarrassed because of her lady’s advances and is conscious because of Aria’s strikes, her own feelings are quite pure in nature. Unlike Aria, she doesn’t think about pushing someone down and doing all sorts of lewd things with her. Not yet, at least.

If you have any thoughts on this chapter, please let me know. This note is a bit shorter, because I am writing in a hurry~ '3'. Lot of University projects and papers to do, and I also have a test today, so I am almost going crazy right now. See you guys in two days!

110