Book I – Chapter 9
2.2k 25 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Aria walked out of the room, she was whistling with a satisfied expression. Just thinking about the maid's jiggly butt would give enough material to have ravishing dreams during the following nights.

Nephrite was caught by surprise by her great mood, even sending her an odd glance when she walked out pushing a cart with a few trays and plates on it.

Stopping by the dark-haired girl's side, Aria sent her a triumphant look. With amusement still clear in her complexion, and a playful lift of one corner of her lips, she started to speak.

"Here, you can have this~"

"Thanks."

Nephrite could only stand and stare stiffly at the plate in her hands, not sure of what she was feeling. Nonetheless, when Aria started to walk away, she felt a tug in her heartstrings – a longing, a wish.

To not follow after wistful whims… that was something her mother emphasized during her lessons. So much that Nephrite believed she had some sort of bad experience with such things.

However, her beating heart seemed to echo alongside that wish, and as she watched Aria walk away without paying her any mind, her voice flowed out.

"Can't we eat together?" It sounded so pitiful, and quiet, and also honest, that even the speaker herself was surprised.

Stopping, Aria turned to look at her sister. The mischievousness in her countenance was even heavier now and, as she held her chin while observing Nephrite, the black-haired girl felt herself tensing up.

Aria enjoyed the silence, and the stiffness in her sister's expression, just as she enjoyed the earning in her eyes.

The blond could feel a thrill coursing through her body, making her hairs stand on end as Nephrite's gaze hovered over her. Being the object of such intense longing made her get all tingly.

"Sure."

At her words, Nephrite sighed in relief, which made Aria's smile widen enough for her eyes to turn into two crescents. She could also faintly see a trace of a smile on Nephrite's face, which made her look really cute.

After Nephrite reached her side, lying her plate back on the cart, Aria started to move once again.

Despite her sudden burst of courage and willfulness, Nephrite sunk into silence the moment they started to walk. She didn't seem to mind, though, as she continued to wear a thin smile on her lips.

Musing about something for a moment, Aria freed one of her hands and grabbed jer sister’s hand. Nephrire’s palm was slightly cold, and shaky, and just a tiny bit sweaty.

Feeling Aria's fingers interlocking with her own, the younger girl almost froze once again. She wasn't used to such intimate contact as her relationship with her parents was estranged. As for her siblings… her usual routine left her no time to get closer to them.

As for Aria, she had to admit she was enjoying making Nephrite's always cold face show all kinds of emotions.

Like an agent of chaos, she loved to leave a storm in her wake – particularly so in someone's else heart.

However, there was no way she would let those thoughts be known. Instead, putting on her best, kind old sister face – with gentle and caring eyes – she smiled at Nephrite.

"Hm? Maybe you don't like holding hands?"

"No— I mean…" The girl stumbled over her words and sent Aria an aggrieved look. "I don't… really mind it."

"Is that so?"

"Yes."

"I see."

Despite her words, Nephrite could not look at Aria in the eyes and, as she looked aside, Aria could see her ears going completely red – it was just adorable!

"I heard father wants you to get married?"

Aria smiled when the other girl introduced a topic. She seemed extremely awkward at doing it, but earnest about interacting a bit more. It was funny, in a way.

"Yeah, he wants me to pay back to the family all the love, comfort, and everything else I was given." Aria chortled sarcastically.

"Aren't you worried?"

"Hm~ no? He can even try, but if he thinks he can have control over me…"

Nephrite looked toward her sister and flinched slightly at the cold and blade-sharp smile on her face. Her surprise did not last long though, and her expression relaxed when she thought it was fitting of Aria to be like that.

Well, the current Aria, at least.

Looking at her estranged sister's face, Nephrite felt a bit envious. If only she had that sort of strength, then everything would be so much easier.

— - -

As Aria entered the room while pushing the cart, she did so with caution, not wishing to wake Marian before everything was prepared.

Just thinking about the older woman's reaction was enough to bring a smile to her lips.

Letting go of Nephrite for a moment, she moved toward the table where she usually ate her meals. Her movements were graceful and dexterous, not letting the plates rattle a single time.

She wasn't a trained maid, but her sword training gave her enough dexterity to control her body skillfully.

It was only after settling everything down that she turned to look toward Nephrite, and caught sight of her standing by the door while silently gazing at the maid.

Aria could see the complex emotions flashing past her eyes, which made her smile turn into an amused smirk.

To be honest, the more people obsessed over her, the happier she got. That wasn't healthy in any way, but she didn't fucking care.

In the first place, she didn't interact with Nephrite because she found the girl pitiful. Instead, it was because of her selfish desires and vanity, as well as entertainment.

'But I might as well be her lucky star~'

She didn't want to brag or anything, but anyone who got involved with her never regretted it. Well, not counting those that opposed her, that is.

"Come sit down, I will be waking the sleeping beauty."

Caught by surprise by her playful words, Nephrite flinched and looked away from the maid. Her expression seemed the same as turned toward Aria, but the blond did not fail to notice that there was a shadow in her complexion.

While Nephrite walked toward the table, Aria approached the bed.

Maybe because of the comfort of a nice bed, or because she had been sleeping right next to her lady, Marian seemed to be soundly asleep with a peaceful and happy expression.

In Aria's eyes, the older woman seemed to almost glow.

After wondering for a moment, Aria decided to not poke her awake. Instead, leaning forward, she whispered right next to the woman's ear.

"Mary~ it is time to wake up." Her tone was sweet and low, so pleasing to the ears that it was almost heavenly.

"Mh?" Marian purred, her eyelashes fluttering as her eyes opened slowly.

When she finally noticed Aria hovering above her, her eyes opened wide in surprise and—

Thump—

"Hrgh!" Aria groaned as the maid head-butted her.

Marian became even more flustered as an expression of pain flashed past Aria's eyes, becoming skittish as her hands went everywhere while she lifted her upper body.

"I am sorry!" She apologized in a hurry, her tone somber and downcast.

Her tone, however, was not one of a subordinate apologizing to its superior. Instead, it was more like someone asking for forgiveness from someone dear to them - apologetic, but not afraid.

And Aria was not going to let that chance go.

"Ah! It hurts so much!" She exaggerated the pain, wincing to make it more convincing.

The moment Marian's expression became even more dejected, she continued.

"If only someone could kiss it~"

Aria knew Marian could see through her play, but she also could bet the woman would entertain her this time, just because she was apologetic.

Just as the maid seemed to have made her mind, Aria felt someone pull her wrist.

Abruptly, she turned back just in time for something warm to touch her forehead. This time, she was the one surprised, standing frozen as Nephrite awkwardly pulled away after her sudden burst of courage.

"There. Is that good enough?" Looking ahead, and with one arm covering her blushing face, Nephrite asked in a serious tone.

After the initial shock, Aria snickered, finding it very cute of her younger sister to be this jealous. As much as she wanted it to be Marian doing it, she wasn't so desperate that she couldn't appreciate the effort.

"I will be sitting down now."

The raven-haired girl did not even wait for an answer before turning around.

While Aria was enjoying the lingering sensation, Marian stepped by her side - her piercing blue eyes glaring at Nephrite for a short moment.

After a second, she turned toward Aria and lifted her hand to hold the younger girl's chin. Aria was caught by surprise as the glossy lips of her maid neared her face, kissing her forehead and then going lower to kiss the tip of her nose.

Aria's ruby-like eyes and Marian's sky-blue eyes interlocked for a moment, and this time, the maid did not shy away.

After a short moment, Marian finally let go of Aria's chin and turned away - walking toward the table, still a bit unsure of what was going on.

Left behind, Aria touched her forehead and smiled lasciviously.

Nephrite's kiss was cute and all, but did not get her going. Marian's, though…

'Lewd~'

The moment they stared at each other in the eyes, Aria felt her body getting hot. There was this trace of possessiveness and adoration in Marian's sapphire eyes that made her so gleeful that words could not express it.

Quickening her pace, she hugged Marian from behind just as she got near the table.

"Today, you are going to sit down and eat with me, right?"

Aria knew exactly how to tug at Marian's heartstrings, and as she spoke in a tender voice, she could see Marian's expressionless mask falter slightly.

Assured that things were going her way, Aria twirled around the maid and sat down. She was in a fucking great mood right now!

I remember saying that I was hesitant to write Marian x Aria scenes because of the age gap. Guess what? I am also hesitant to write Nephrite x Aria moments because of the mental age gap. Having a character transmigrate in a body younger than their original age makes a mess out of my head. Thankfully, Aria does not have a loli complex, and while she doesn’t mind being an object of adoration for Nephrite, she doesn’t think of her as anything else other than a cute girl.

Me aside, what are your thoughts on this chapter? Personally, I just loved it. I have been wanting to establish Nephrite and Marian as rivals for a while, and today we walked the first step in that direction. Also, with those two dispositions, it would be strange if one of them was a yandere, right? Above all, I believe such a gap in Marian’s character makes her even cuter, particularly so because she is getting triggered by Nephrite who is barely fourteen years old.

That aside, you guys may or may not have noticed that I didn’t answer the comments on the previous chapter. Sorry for that, my life is a mess right now because of work + studies + writing. I will try to answer everyone later today (and I may have missed a few comments on previous chapters, so I will check that too). Once again, please let me know what you thought about this chapter, your feedback makes my day!

104