Chapter 151
11.5k 6 189
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Checking the remains of Karr, I found several high-end magical items. There was a pair of gloves, a cloak, and a cane. The cane was a rich person’s cane, but it might as well have been a wand because it had the ability to amplify magic strength and decrease mana cost. In fact, that gloves and cloak also amplified magic as well. I gave the gloves to Miki because I was already wearing the gauntlets I had obtained from the previous boss.

We weren’t the first to defeat Karr, so I was wondering why we were getting magic items. Was it because Celeste did not take her magical items before she leftt? Then again, Karr wasn’t a generic mob either, and we defeated him much differently than an ordinary kill. Once we found Celeste, but before we fought the final boss, I really wanted to go back and double tap some of the bosses to see what awards we can get. I want to clean out the treasure on all of the floors too.

At least one of the things I’d like to do is fight the level 20 boss again and see if it was still Karr. Somewhere, deep down inside, I had a distinct feeling it wouldn’t be. There was something really final about the way he disappeared.

In the end, I decided to keep the cloak and cane for myself. My magical prowess increased dramatically with that. Deep down, I was a support mage. When I was with Celeste, I had to act the part of the swordsman because I didn’t have anyone to hold the front line. With Lydia back, I could return to my role as a support. I still fought in the front occasionally because I didn’t want the girls to think less of me, but I definitely felt myself breathing easier knowing I could just toss out spells from the back of the party from now on. I might be retiring Hero soon as my second job, and making it Basic Magician from now on.

However, my gauntlets and boots that I got while I was on my own I decided to keep. Unfortunately, they boosted speed, so Lydia who was already fast would probably have benefited the most from these items. I felt a bit bad about monopolizing them, but I decided to keep them anyway. It wasn’t just because I liked dry feet that didn’t smell when I took my boots off at night! Rather, I still planned to fight occasionally, and with Celeste and Miki, we were already forming a somewhat magic heavy party. If we encountered a large wave of enemies, Lydia wouldn’t be able to hold the line, and I didn’t even mention enemies with magic immunity or anti-magic enemies. I was just concerned with party dynamics, that’s all!

Lydia didn’t have any need for magic enhancement spells, but she didn’t mind that she didn’t receive anything. In fact, both girls seemed surprised I wasn’t keeping all of the magical items myself. Lydia still wore the black shadow cloak I had given her from the rabbits we slew in Mina’s dungeon, but I guess she had assumed that was a one-time gift I gave when I made her my slave.

 As for Miki, it took a bit of pressing to get her to take the gloves and treat them as her own. I said they were too small for my hands, but I’m pretty sure magical items change to fit you no matter what your size.

“Th-thank you, Master…” she said, blushing.

Was giving a gift to a slave really that strange? She kept glancing at me and then privately smiling to herself and her tail seemed to raise up excitedly. Apparently, Miki was really weak towards gifts. When it was clothing or food, I guess she treated it as an expectation that a Master provided for her, but when it came to magic items, she was surprisingly easy to make happy. I had a feeling if I asked her for sex at the moment, she wouldn’t say no. Well, that was true all the time, but I think I was on her particular good side at the moment. Sorry, it wasn’t the time for that though. Maybe tonight.

189