Chapter 177
11.1k 8 184
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright, let’s do this.” I pulled the last pinch of fairy dust out from my pocket.

“Ah… Master! That’s the last of it!” She cried out. “If you use it up, you won’t have any more in the future.”

“I know… but I have to try.”

I also admit I had some hopes of getting more. I could always buy it in a shop if I got lucky. However, if Celeste was restored completely, maybe there was a chance she could produce fairy dust herself. I had been told that fairy dust came from fairy queens after all. That same dust also created fairies given the right circumstances. I wasn’t really looking to make my own fairy colony here, but I admit I was curious.

“You don’t really have to…” Celeste blushed. “We don’t know what will happen now that I evolved. If I reintroduce humanity back into my body now…”

It looked like Celeste was now having second thoughts. Before, she was just pondering the possibility. Now that she realized I was willing to do it, it became too real to her. Who knew how young she was when her human half had been destroyed. She was probably only a few months old. It was true, I really didn’t know what would happen if I resurrected her now. However, I wanted Celeste to have every opportunity, and somehow I felt that she would have more opportunities if she was more than just a mana creature with intelligence.

“Celeste… resurrection!” As I said the words, I sprinkled the dust on Celeste.

I didn’t know if it was preferable to put the dust where I wanted to cast it or leave it a part of me, but it seemed to work either way. With my White Mage job equipped, I was no weaker at casting resurrection than Miki. Sure… I had to use Slave Master and copy skill, so it was more wasteful, but it wouldn’t be weaker. A glowing appeared around Celeste as I worked the long magic that took almost a minute to cast. Fortunately, I had plenty of mana at my current level, and the spell finished without a problem.

When Celeste’s glow went away, I blinked to see that she was back down to her 18-inch form. The Fairy Queen that had been there at full size was nowhere present. Instead, her wings were gone and she took on a slightly ethereal form. She was still moving through the air, but it was as if she was doing so by warping the air itself.

“Eh?”

I immediately checked her information.

{Name: Celeste

Class: Elemental

Job: Master Wind Magician (Slave) (LVL 1)

Unlocked Jobs: Enchanter (LVL 2), Adept Wind Magician (LVL 22), Novice Magician (LVL 50), Apprentice Magician (LVL 25)

Race: Sylph}

“A Sylph? How did you turn into a Sylph!” I cried out.

So, she was a half-fairy whose human half was turned into a ghost that possessed her own form. That read as a house fairy. She then defied her fairy queen and evolved into a fairy queen of her own. Now, upon reviving her human half, she somehow combined with her magic and elemental class and somehow became a Sylph. Isn’t that like an Air Elemental or something?

“M-master…” She panted.

Sylph was probably an extremely rare subspecies of fairy or even a subspecies of the subspecies fairy queen. Of everything I expected to happen, I didn’t expect her entire species to suddenly change.

“Master!”

“What is it?” I looked up to see her face flushed. “Oh…”

“Y-you used the fairy dust on me again…”

“It’s not supposed to work on fairy queens,” I responded tearfully. “Although… I guess you’re a Sylph now. Is it effective on Sylphs?”

She looked up at me desperately. “Very!”

“I see…”

It looked like I had to take responsibility after all.

184