Chapter 179
11.8k 4 175
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My appetite had never been something small, but since losing weight, I found myself less interested in food. Perhaps it was because the food here lacked the sugar and salt content I was used to in my foods. Whatever way, my arms were looking pretty nice, and I might even get a six-pack if I started doing crunches daily. I mean, I wasn’t going to, but there was a time where I couldn’t even imagine having a six-pack.

While the girls happily ate, I took care of another item from my checklist I had neglected earlier. After resetting my dungeon skills, I now had 15 skill points. It was 14 once I saved one for reset. That meant I could keep the 4 I was used to, and then include 2-second tier or 1 third-tier skill. If I was a bit OP before, I was definitely broken now. Then again, a person who completed a Dungeon’s Lore in their lifetime could probably be counted on a single hand.

I also found that the new lore had added a few new items to the list. So, each dungeon seemed to have their own skills on top of the standards. What could be considered a standard? Well, at tier 1 we had 2X experience, tier 2 we had 5X and at tier 3 we had 10X. Regrettably, 10X cost 16 points, as I need to buy both the tier 1 and tier 2 first. At tier 4, there was 100X. That would cost a whopping 41 points, but that speed of leveling made my mouth salivate.

Suddenly, I found myself wanting to find another dungeon immediately. I had to tell myself how dangerous they were and how much I had only survived by luck. I couldn’t let two successes lead me to get a big head here. I was honestly lucky when it came to the two dungeons I found. First, because I happened to be involved in a situation similar to what was going on with the cursed. Second, because one dungeon was a baby still trying to establish itself and the other was a curse hijacked by a dark fairy queen.

It was really scary how addictive dungeon diving could be. I recalled when I first came to this world thinking such reckless actions were crazy. Now, all I wanted to do was dive into another one and see what treasures I could acquire. If I found some stable dungeons, we could essentially farm them forever, acquiring food and alchemic supplies. If I leveled enough, the bad guys wouldn’t even be a threat after a while, and we could live casually.

After a little more consideration and with this in mind, I decided I wasn’t going to change things up too much. I kept Portal and Map selected, and then I added a third job and 5X experience. The more levels, the safer we’d all be in this world. I had no desire to be the strongest, but I didn’t want to be killed by a monster by mistake.

Then again, I had heard the monsters on the surface were usually quite weak outside of a few special outdoor dungeon areas. As to what that is, I was told that dungeons were like trees. Some had deep roots that grew on forever, while others had trunks and branches for the world to see. For example, in the case of Karr’s dungeon, the mansion was the physical top, the first few levels manifested in this world. However, all the levels below that were like the root system. Some dungeons will grow fast branches and cover entire areas. These are called outdoor dungeons.

Several of these exist in the wildlands. This is actually why they’re called the wildlands. They lead to more deadly beasts on the surface and pose a real danger to old Chalm. As the city’s Lord, my responsibility would be to reclaim those wildlands and tame all of these dungeons.

A knock on the door broke me from these kinds of thoughts. Lydia went and answered it, while Celeste snorted in her sleep but remained unconscious.

“Guild Master?” Lydia said as I looked curiously over her shoulder.

The Guild Master immediately nodded to both of us. “Lord Deek, it might be a good idea if you come with me. We found something in the wreckage of the mansion that might interest you.”

“Oh?”

“Yes, and… um… you might want to bring the fairy as well.”

175