Chapter 181
11k 2 179
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After gathering a bunch of men together, I began a project of erecting a small grove. My initial thoughts were that we’d have to find tiny fast-growing trees. It’d take months, but I was determined. I underestimated the capablility of magic in this world. We lived in an area called the wilderness, and while Chalm wasn’t surrounded by woods, we were close to a woods. One of the few products this city exported for money was lumber. Thus, uprooting and moving a tree could be considered this cities specialty.

I had Celeste pick out what trees were best, although I sent her with her mother. The mother couldn’t say anything, but if she found a tree she liked, she seemed to buzz around it excitedly. As to what Celeste thought about her reincarnated mother, she seemed happy, and laughed and flew around beside her. However, it was clear that when it came to abilities or mind, Celeste was vastly superior. The former fairy queen was at a level where if you pretended to throw something with your hand, she’d go look for it for several minutes. It was at that kind of level.

As for Celeste, as a Sylph that controls the wind, she seems incredibly quick. Lydia and Celeste had a race, and it was difficult to see which could move faster. I suggested that Celeste use her wind magic on Lydia, and she moved like a blur. I checked her levels, and low and behold wind magic master level 1 gave her the Haste skill. Becoming a Sylph seemed to give her access to the Adept and Master levels of Wind Magician.

I did ask some of the magicians as they helped me move trees about the Novice versus Basic. I was wrong that it had to do with level of training. That made sense considering Celeste had no formal training. As they described it, there were two Magical paths someone could take, the elemental path and the mana path. For elementals, they start as novice magicians and then based on what spells they use they eventually pick a path. Then they get Apprentice, Adept, and finally become Master magicians.

I asked them if there was a means of having a dual magical ability. They had read about it being possible but said it was extremely hard and no one knew exactly how. Novice magicians who tried to do this took twice as long to reach apprentice and it always seemed like a toss-up which they got. I still suspected it had to do with maxing out novice. Since they couldn’t equip more than one job or easily switch jobs, this kind of stuff never occurred to them.

When it came to mana mage, they were more rounded but didn’t have nearly the level of elemental control. They started out as a Basic Magician, like me, and then went to Intermediate, Advanced, and Master. Like with elemental magicians, we could branch out at advanced level. However, Advanced mages weren’t called advanced, they were sorted by colors. A black mage learned destructive magic, a red mage learned combat enhancement magic, a green mage learned natural magic. That was where I sat. I was a white mage, which likely could be obtained if I dedicated my mage skills to healing and fighting undead. 

Of course, none of these people had heard about white mage, but it also didn’t create a sensation when I asked about it. This was because the color system was known. This is also why me being able to defeat a dungeon didn’t cause a wave of shock. Sure, it was impressive, but if I had a tier 3 job, they reckoned I couldn’t be simple. In short, the town had overestimated my abilities. I decided there was no point in correcting them now. They wouldn’t even be able to understand how I started in this world with a tier 3 job. 

As to why white mages in this world were so rare? It probably was because priests and resurrection existed. When there was already a tier 1 job that could do it and do it better, who would bother fighting their way up to a tier 3 job to do the same thing? It was a little disappointing that my job wasn’t so OP as I had thought, but with dungeon points, I had already gained something no one else had. I also had Master White Mage to look forward to as my final level.

It took the greater part of a day, but a small secluded grove was made, and a large hole went down into a small underground hole. Essentially, it was a well. I told the town from here on out, this place was forbidden by order of the lord. This was actually my first proclamation in Chalm, so everyone was very eager to see it through. If they ignored me now, there was little point in me going to the Capital and asking for recognition.

179