Chapter 184
11k 13 178
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
As you may know, this is being released on my website. The eBook up to V7 is also for sale on my website (you're on V4 right now). Also, you can buy Volume 1 and Volume 2 on amazon! Right now, I'm doing a survey to better serve fans. Please do this survey if you've visited my website and are a fan beyond this one book. This does assume your'e at least familiar with me as an author. If not, why not visit my website and see what else I offer. Thanks for reading up to this point. You're all wonderful!

Of course, it wasn’t like we hadn’t done anything the last few days since I started making the fairy spring. I sent Lydia and Miki out to prepare supplies. We ordered clothing, armors, and provisions to last us for a month-long trip. Once I reached the capital city, returning to and from it would become a cinch. I had more than enough money to handle anything we needed. In fact, the only problem was that I was carrying it all on me. What can I say, I was raised under the idea that carrying more than $20 bucks in your pocket was dangerous.

Well, I had a decent storage ring, so putting more money into it seemed to be just par for the course. I sat Miki down and started going over the alchemy potions. I was almost as good of a reader as she was when she started, and she herself had improved leagues over the last month and a half. The pair of us worked together to create potions.

Only some of the potions were important, but I found that most ingredients were worth less that potions, so I figured making a lot of potions would mean we could sell them all once we reached the capital. That meant more room for other goods. I didn’t plan to just buy a few things in the Capital. The Mayor, who now just called himself my advisor, gave a list of resources that it’d be nice if we ordered in bulk. Things needed to build and expand. This included people. There were many guilds we could establish a relationship with and get them to send out people to live in our city. We were lacking in specialized craftsmen, soldiers, and other such things.

Well, all of that was secondary. I had a dozen reasons for wanting to be in the capital city. I needed to get in the paperwork to request Chalm be part of Aberis and myself as its lord. I wanted to speak to the slaver union and see about removing these slavery tattoos despite this curse. I was curious about looking at other slaves too. Our team was magic heavy, and I needed an adequate defender to tank for us. Of course, I didn’t want to bring any more slaves if they couldn’t find a way to detach them from me.

On that note, the Capital City had a tamed dungeon within its walls. Supposedly, it had over 200 floors, and the lower levels were even tough for the strongest knights in the land. Unfortunately, it was controlled by the palace and only knights were allowed to use it for training. There was also supposedly a network of different stable dungeons all throughout Aberis, each with different traits and more importantly, different resources. A stable dungeon was one that didn’t pose a threat to those nearby. It usually was guarded and allowed dungeon divers in for a small fee. Dungeon divers would try to accumulate as many resources as they could and then return with hopefully a profit.

These kinds of dungeons had already been mapped out, or atleast the top floors were mapped out. Anyone of them would be an invaluable resource to me. I could finally start leveling regularly and make it into a habit. As someone who could transport around, I could decide on what resources I wanted and then target specific dungeons to acquire them. With that, I could accumulate wealth and power with ease. I was very excited about such a prospect.

However, the most amazing thing in the capital were blue mages. Blue mages had the power to manipulate space. In other words, they had my dungeon point spell Portal or something like it. For a fee, they could teleport you all over the nation. If I had them send me to a distant city, then I could portal home myself. Like that, I could finally start building a highway of travel over all of Aberis. Perhaps, I could do some mercantile transportation to earn even more money.

Well, that was just some of the stuff I wanted to get done in the Capital.

178