Chapter 188
9.9k 8 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Immediately pulling up my map, I checked the Sense Life. The sense life didn’t just read the proximity alarm, but in an outdoor area like this it could stretch out about a kilometer. As my levels increased, so did the power of my skills. It was one of the perks of continuing to increase my status. There was a group of about three close by to the tents. I immediately clicked on them while thinking about Basic Monster Identify. Instantly, the name was revealed.

Map was seriously overpowered when I combined it with new skills! Even knowing I got Sense Life to work with it, I never thought I’d also be able to identify from this distance as well? I supposed if it was all handled by mana, then if I could sense something at a distance, I should also be able to identify something at a similar distance. What I ended up identifying were three dogs. They seemed to have come over and sniffed around the tents, and then left.

I would have been happy with that, except that at the very edge of my sense life, I detected a group of ten, and when I clicked identify on them, it was revealed as a human. So, a human knew we heard, and sent three dogs in to investigate. Were they there to investigate? Or, did they send them to trigger the proximity alarms? If I existed in a world with proximity alarms, my first action would be to send something harmless to go trigger them.

It’s like that old wives’ tale in my old world. A mysterious person knocks on your door asking if someone you never heard of was there. A few hours later, you find out several places nearby were burglarized. Clearly, the person who knocked on doors was an associate of the burglar, and if you were there, they would skip your house but would hit up the houses of anyone who wasn’t present. These dogs popped up to knock on our door, and if we reacted, they’d know we were prepared for them.

Likely, anything like my map ability didn’t exist in this world, so if I did pop out of my tent to look for what caused the alarm now, they would assume we’re defenseless. Perhaps, the second layer of it was that if I decided to track the dogs, they’d lead me right into an ambush. Overall, this sounded like a pretty good plan.

“What do we do, Master?” She asked.

She had already woken the other girls too, and Miki and Celeste were looking up to me anxiously. It was strange that I used them to fight for me, yet I was still the one they looked to for protection. Anyone of these girls could probably equal me in a fight, but I was their source of comfort and safety.

“Celeste… can you muffle our sounds and allow us to sneak out the back of the tent without being seen?”

I really didn’t want to cut a slit in my tent, but I wanted to be murdered in my sleep even less. Celeste nodded. Well, muffle was one of her air-related skills.

“What does Master have in mind?” Lydia seemed to grow more confident.

I couldn’t show them the map sitting in my head. I was just glad I looked around a good kilometer before going to sleep so that the map of this area was revealed to me. These men were still on the road, but that put them next to a hill that would obscure their view of us. In other words…

“I think a sneak attack is in order.”

166