Chapter 233
8.8k 11 130
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaar! Boom! Rumble.

The entire cave was filled with light flashes and sounds. I had thought that a dragon was strongest when it was out in the open. It could fly up and out of your range. It could swoop down with fire attacks. It was truly the master of the sky. However, Dragons didn’t do so bad in caves either. I got knocked around a few more times, desperately casting magic on myself to heal the damage. I was pretty sure I was struck with the claw of the dragon at least once.

The worst part was that I had no clue where my girls were either. I couldn’t heal or support people if I couldn’t see them. There were dozens of shadowy figures running around just out of the range of my light. The one set back of light was that it had a range and then sort of died. Real light could reach to the corners of a dark room. I remembered once as a child even being in a cave and shown that a single match was sufficient to create enough light to see. However, the spell light gave you a range of about 40 feet, and then it went to the infinite darkness of the cave.

The one thing I could see within my forty feet was the dragon, whose form filled the cave as it spun wildly, unleashing roars and sweeping attacks. I remained just out of its range as I glanced around, looking for the familiar tail or ears of one of my girls. I had never been in a battle like this before. Is this what a battlefield felt like? It was very confusing and disorientating.

“Lydia!” I called out.

“Lydia…” A mocking voice suddenly called nearby.

I glanced toward the voice to see Balrack there, grinning in my direction. I let out a sigh.

“Really? Now?”

“Now that I see you without your pretty little escorts that you cower behind, let’s see if you’ve really got strength when it’s one on one.”

“We’re battling a dragon! Everyone’s lives are on the line, you idiot!” I cursed, pulling out my sword.

“Shut up!” The man cursed. “You think you’re better than me? I’m going to kill you, and then I’m going to take all of your slaves and rape them to death!”

“Rape, rape, rape… it’s all rape with you. Is it because you have a small penis that you can’t seem to enjoy a woman outside of rape?”

“Y-you… take that back!” He lunged at me with his ax.

I just managed to deflect his blow. He was really strong and I did find myself being pressed. His attacks had a berserker-like quality to them, and he really was stronger than me. This fight actually really was humbling. I felt fear for a good thirty seconds until I realized that, simply put, my skills were better than his. In fact, the more attacks from him I experienced, the weaker I began to realize he was.

“You pampered noble!” He cursed. “Just because you got taught all those fancy skills doesn’t mean I won’t be able to kill you. Don’t be thinking you’re better than me.”

He was getting angrier by the moment, and the dragon suddenly roared, bringing my focus back to what was important. While this idiot was having a pissing contest, my girls were fighting a dragon without my support. I had been too cowardly to attack him outright, and thus this fight had dwindled on for several minutes. However, enough was finally enough. I started to feel a tinge of anger at how much of my time this idiot was wasting.

“Actually…” I said, changing my grip and preparing a spell. “I was normal like you. I’m not beating you because I’m a noble. I’m beating you because I am better than you are.”

As rage formed on his face over the words I said, I cast an air and earth spell and sent dust up into his face. Using a quick attack, I sliced heal and then did three more rapid attacks. Balrack collapsed to the ground in a heap. I didn’t kill him, but he wasn’t going to get up any time soon either.

130