Chapter 241
9.4k 7 142
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Thank you for the ride. Wagons are really quite nice.” I said, rubbing my poor sore butt.

Walking for several weeks to the Capitol city sounded good in my mind, but after a few more days on my feet, I had enough. Of course, there was no way I’d be in a horse saddle all day. That’s how I ended up here, riding a wagon.

As we got closer to the capitol, there were more cities, and we decided at one such city to stop and pay for transportation. Most transportation traveled with guards too, so it solved the problem of the Bandits following us too. Although, as we heard it, it wasn’t really an issue. We were too close to the Capitol now, and the Bandit King couldn’t risk raiding anything here without a strong risk of swift and violent retaliation. It was that sort of situation.

We ended up traveling with a merchant caravan on a rented wagon for the last week. I preferred things this way compared to my own wagon. I had no desire to take care of a horse. Terra offered to pull the wagon for us. She was an Earth Golem. Supposedly her strength and stamina would be extremely high and pulling a wagon for many hours wouldn’t be difficult for her. However, I had now seen her naked, and watching a small girl pull me along in a wagon hurt my heart a bit too much.

As a result, the rest of our journey was quite peaceful. We stopped three times a day, cooked, and then slept with some protection in a wagon circle. I had worried a little bit that traveling with others would cause problems. Perhaps there would be a flag involving some guy making passes at my girls. However, slaves were normal in Aberis and even having four of them only had me seen as someone wealthy enough to own four. Adding the magic items that I wore along with those I gave the girls, and it was generally assumed that I was a wealthy lord, even if I said I wasn’t.

“I’m not saying you’re one of those fancy city lords. You ain’t dressed fancy enough for that, but I’d reckon you’re the lord of some country village, am I right?” One man put it.

Of course, he was technically right. I was going to the Capitol to hand in the paperwork necessary to declare myself a lord. I really couldn’t argue that logic. It still felt weird being acknowledged as such, even though it was true. I was a lord. Man… that took some getting used to.

“I guess, I’ll be Lord Deek from now on, huh?”

“Actually, Master, when you gain nobility status, you will also gain a last name!” Miki explained.

“Eh? But I have a last name…”

“Master… don’t be silly, only nobility are given last names. That’s why I’m just Lydia,” Lydia giggled.

“My parents had last names.” Terra pondered. “But they said that was a long time ago and they put that behind them. Perhaps they were once nobles?”

“Most people who have the resources to be powerful magicians are…” Miki nodded.

“My name is Deek Williams…”

“Master doesn’t need to make up a silly nickname. You’ll definitely get a better one when you receive your honors.”

“I wonder what our house name will be. All slaves take on the last name of their Master.” Miki said with her eyes glittering.

“Hmm? I thought you said only nobles got last names.” Terra asked curiously.

Miki pressed her fingers together and made a pouty expression. “Well… it’s not like it is an official name.”

“I want to be Lydia… Dragonheart!”

“My actual name was rejected so casually, that actually hurts a little.”

Like that, the week passed by quickly, and the Capitol City finally appeared on the horizon.  There were a few bumps along the road, but we finally made it.

142