Chapter 255
7.8k 10 128
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How are you still alive?” The innkeeper said, “You’ve drunken at least half your body weight in alcohol!”

I let out a chuckle. “It’s nothing so amazing. I’m sorry, that was a trick. I took a small gamble. I reckoned that alcohol would be considered a poison. That means anything that cures poison would also cure drunkenness.”

I lifted up my hand and it glowed green as I used Cure Poison on myself. The innkeeper looked slack-jawed for a second but then burst out laughing.

Of course, I had completely lied about using cure poison. If cure poison could seriously be used to cheat like that, a mercenary band would have definitely been on the lookout. They would have easily seen me casting the glowing spell on my arm over and over again. The trick I used was a bit different. I simply reset my dungeon points. I knew there was no way they’d let me win fairly, so I reckoned I needed to equip the dungeon ability poison immunity so that it didn’t matter how much I drank.

“You might want to get the nightwatch over here while they are all unconscious. They might not be willing to get into a fight for you, but they’ll probably have no issue carting a bunch of drunks into a holding cell for the night.”

“Of course, of course!” The man said, his mood improved greatly, “I even have a cart for it.”

He sent one of the girls to go fetch the watch and then worked with me to get the men out of the inn and plop them on his cart. I found a bag of coins on the leaders belt and handed it to the barkeep, squaring away his debt.

“Master really worried me for a moment,” Terra admitted.

“Master is always amazing…” Lydia spoke without a hint of doubt.

“Still, Master is unable to become drunk, huh?” Miki said, sounding a little forlorn. “It would have been fun to see a drunk Master.”

“I wonder what kind of drunk your Master would be?” The remaining barmaid asked curiously.

“Horny…”

“Horny.”

“Definitely horny…”

“Oh..” The barmaid suddenly blushed, eyeing my direction for a moment.

“Huh? What are you girls talking about?” I asked, noticing them looking at me.

“You… have won the b-b-bet… so you won me… right?” The barmaid said, looking sheepish.

“Ah… sorry, if I didn’t speak in those terms, I was worried about how they would act. Of course, you guys owe me nothing.”

“Even so…” She put on a face.

It looked liek she was about to say more, but the innkeeper had returned from putting the money in a secure spot.

“No… I wouldn’t hear of it!” The innkeeper butted in, grabbing me and pulling me aside to speak. “You saved my inn! At the very least, you and your girls can stay here for the rest of your time in the Capitol!”

Free lodging? Score! I found myself suddenly quite happy about that. Meanwhile, my girls had pulled the barmaid into a corner and seemed to be talking seriously to her. I hoped they weren’t bullying her like Eliana. Well, after they were done, she didn’t look at me anymore and seemed to try to avoid me. Why did I have a feeling while I was scoring free lodging for us that I missed out on something just as good?

Ah, well, I finished helping him load the cart and then walked into the inn. At that point, I reset my dungeon skills so I could put them back to the way they were. Immediately, I felt like I struck a wall.

“Oh… apparently, poison immunity doesn’t get rid of the poison, it just keeps it from affecting you. Now I know.”

The lights went out. Thud.

128